WDF Game 6: Colorado Avalanche Vs Vegas Golden Knights | 6:00PM PT | To win tonight would be Pawsome

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Vegas-Golden-Knights-vs.-Colorado-Avalanche.jpg

Colorado Avalanche Vs Vegas Golden Knights
R2 G6 | 6:00PM | VGK Lead 3-2
T-Mobile Arena | Las Vegas, NV

tumblr_oa1tspt5yH1uuyy36o1_500_large.gif

funny-cat-gifs13.gif

giphy.gif

giphy-downsized-large.gif

helicopter.gif

tumblr_njtau3F84P1rl1jado1_500.gif

funny-cat-2020-9.gif

:vegas

VGK-F.jpg

VGK-D.jpg

Line-up-G.jpg

:avs

COL-F.jpg

COL-D.jpg

COL-G.jpg

Lets Score Some Goals

CarelessPlasticApe-max-1mb.gif
CarelessPlasticApe-max-1mb.gif

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
Whichever team wins this basically gets a bye to the SCF. If VGK wins tonight, they'll be on a 4 games winning streak with no breaks like the Habs are currently on. I don't see how the Canadiens can stop them.

Reactions: llamateizer

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
I'll never understand why people view the world in such a binary fashion

That's not true, I understand why, it's easier to see the world that way, but still.

Yeah I'm pretty sure you won't find an Avs fan that'll say this season was a success if they can't get to round 3.

It might've been a success in previous years. But this season was always cup or bust.

Reactions: Crossfire Hurricane

HotPie

Dec 3, 2007
Yeah I'm pretty sure you won't find an Avs fan that'll say this season was a success if they can't get to round 3.

It might've been a success in previous years. But this season was always cup or bust.

Why? They're one of the youngest teams in the league, it's not like their window is closing any time soon. They're at best a few adjustments away.

You're just being reactionary.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Why? They're one of the youngest teams in the league, it's not like their window is closing any time soon. They're at best a few adjustments away.

Future has nothing to do with it.

An organization like the Yankees always says the season is a failure without a WS win. Even though most expect them to be favorites headed into the next season..

Both things can be true.

Colorado can have a great future while this season is still a failure without a cup.

Last edited:

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Ah it was cup or bust ha.

Most pundits had Colorado as cup favorites headed into this season.

No cup= failure.

Pundits don’t really mean much, it’s for ratings.
This team was a basement dweller not that long ago, it was definitely 3rd round or bust though so either way if they lose it’s a failure. Losing the last 3 in a row is a failure in itself too.

Pelle31

Apr 3, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Whichever team wins this basically gets a bye to the SCF. If VGK wins tonight, they'll be on a 4 games winning streak with no breaks like the Habs are currently on. I don't see how the Canadiens can stop them.
Don't let your fellow Habs fans hear you say that. I think Vegas matches up better against the Habs because they really don't have a top line but they roll 4 lines that play hard and Fleury isn't bad either. Colorado has one top line that if you shut down causes lots of problems for them. The Habs are only going to go as far as Price takes them, he'll definitely face more rubber than he faced in the last round.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Pundits don’t really mean much, it’s for ratings.
This team was a basement dweller not that long ago, it was definitely 3rd round or bust though so either way if they lose it’s a failure. Losing the last 3 in a row is a failure in itself too.

So if they win round 2, but get swept in round 3, it's a successful season?

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
At least, it would mean progress. But I fully expected them to go to the SCF. If they lose tonight, it will be a major disappointment imo.

I don't know what they do if they lose either.

Maybe get a new #2 C?

More depth on D?

Unfortunately they are kind of like the Bruins in that they are too top heavy.

Crossfire Hurricane

Sponsor
Aug 19, 2006
Redondo Beach
So if they win round 2, but get swept in round 3, it's a successful season?
While this core is together and in (or close to) their prime, every year is Cup or bust, but there are tons of mitigating factors that have to be considered. Getting dominated like in games 2, 3, and 4 is unacceptable, but there's no shame in losing to Vegas in a 7 game series. It's just unfortunate that these teams are both in the same division because there's a top 3 in the league this season and you can only have two teams in the Final.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
While this core is together and in (or close to) their prime, every year is Cup or bust, but there are tons of mitigating factors that have to be considered. Getting dominated like in games 2, 3, and 4 is unacceptable, but there's no shame in losing to Vegas in a 7 game series. It's just unfortunate that these teams are both in the same division because there's a top 3 in the league this season and you can only have two teams in the Final.

This should definitely be a Western Conference Finals series.

I'm sick and tired of seeing the best match ups so early.

That is one reason why Hockey isn't as popular as it could be.

No other sport has the best teams playing in early rounds.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I think most of us felt like it's over after game 6.

But after couple nights of sleep i think the Avs will be really good. I think they know they've been so bad that even a heartbreaking loss was a positive result because there was a lot of good things to draw from that game. They showed to themselves they can play with Vegas again and not play like they can't generate any pressure, now all that's missing is the win. Also shut up that T-Mobile and show the crowd they're not as bad as the last couple games there.

I think this is a different situation if they were having trouble all series winning games with good games. Losing that last one on top of that would be demoralizing.

Kadri comes back too and it's a better team with him. Im sure he's watched all these games hoping he could be out there to make a difference, well here's his chance.

If Vegas wins tonight they're going to have to earn it, probably another comeback or something. If they do it kudos.

Crossfire Hurricane

Sponsor
Aug 19, 2006
Redondo Beach
This should definitely be a Western Conference Finals series.

I'm sick and tired of seeing the best match ups so early.

That is one reason why Hockey isn't as popular as it could be.

No other sport has the best teams playing in early rounds.
I think that's more a result of parity. How do you set up the playoffs to ensure these types of matchups in later rounds when we could be a game away from all the division winners being eliminated?

In any case, I very much prefer this to pointless first round matchups where one team has no business playing the other and the Finals are completely predictable.

Reactions: TropicOfNoReturn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad