WDF Game 6: Colorado Avalanche Vs Vegas Golden Knights | 6:00PM PT | To win tonight would be Pawsome

mdobbs

Oct 21, 2010
Does this stop the whole "Joe Sakic is some great GM" drivel that permiated like a wet fart for a bit?

When will people realize top heavy don't win cups?

I mean Tampa won a cup and they’re super top heavy

also bottom heavy

Colorado will be where Tampa is in a few years

Reactions: Oilers 322

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Come on, Toronto and Montreal hate each other. Don't act like it's not true. And that was my point about Florida and Toronto and Winnipeg. They're all more or less the same. Do I think Tampa is a significantly better team than all of them? Yes I do.

The Habs fan base can certainly be sensitive and annoying at times, but there are teams I dislike significantly more in the league(Boston, NYI, Edmonton).

There hasn't been a true on-ice rivalry between the two teams in my lifetime(I'm 26) and I don't anticipate there will be one anytime soon with the Atlantic going back to normal in October. Edmonton and NYI fans annoy me to no end, Boston was a legitimate rival who kicked our ass in the playoffs 3 times in a decade. When I was a kid, I hated Ottawa and Philly, but those feelings have faded as well over the years.

Vegas is just a team I thoroughly enjoy watching, and I do believe they're the second best team in the league (Tampa being #1)

Reactions: NotPetya

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Hell, Colorado didn't even deserve to win game 2.
Well if we look it that way they deserved to win games 5 and 6 so I guess they’re up 3-2 and heading home for game 7?

It’s not about deserving to win. It’s about making it happen.

NotPetya

May 28, 2021
The Avs will need more notable pieces than Timmins & Jost…..and a non-Kadri Center to cut down on penalties - that would be Newhook.

They need a D that can both take and throw a bit more first.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
tenor.gif

It was Pawsome!!!!!!

Fan from AK

May 19, 2021
Alaska
Luckily there are no Conference trophies to touch/not touch this year. So tired of all the superstition :D
The Bolts gladly took possession of the Prince of Wales Trophy last year and won the cup. The Caps did as well when they won the cup. That superstition is hogwash. The curse of the President's Trophy I FOR SURE BELIEVE!!!!!

Last edited:

jsalz16

Feb 21, 2010
Here come the same turds picking Avs in 5 telling you I told you so. Better TEAM won this series but nobody wins the cup without feeling a little sting first. Salic will add what it takes to get over the hump. It’s not as easy to do in the salary cap era but they’re close. Knights got every bounce tonight and Avs young d core learned a few lessons.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Remember when everyone said there was something wrong with Tampa after they lost to Columbus? Winning the cup is hard and takes everything going right for you. Hell Colorado had leads in game 3 and 5. Saad hits the post in game 3 and Vegas ties the game on a broken play and rest was history.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
The Habs fan base can certainly be sensitive and annoying at times, but there are teams I dislike significantly more in the league(Boston, NYI, Edmonton).

There hasn't been a true on-ice rivalry between the two teams in my lifetime(I'm 26) and I don't anticipate there will be one anytime soon with the Atlantic going back to normal in October. Edmonton and NYI fans annoy me to no end, Boston was a legitimate rival who kicked our ass in the playoffs 3 times in a decade. When I was a kid, I hated Ottawa and Philly, but those feelings have faded as well over the years.

Vegas is just a team I thoroughly enjoy watching, and I do believe they're the second best team in the league (Tampa being #1)
Why the Isles out of curiosity? I always respected their fans but maybe I'm missing something?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad