GDT: WCSF - (WC1) Nashville Predators vs (P3) San Jose Sharks - Series Talk (SJ Wins 4-3)

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Wow Melrose just dismissed the Predators. He was talking about the Blues and said "San Jose is going to have thier hands full with this Blues team".

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
since its not being used on the main board I'd suggest barebones for the first post, but CI does such good work I'd not object to him posting his graphics later in the thread

I'll do something for the lines, and maybe add in one or two others. Important question though, should I post Rocky Top again? :laugh:

Wow Melrose just dismissed the Predators. He was talking about the Blues and said "San Jose is going to have thier hands full with this Blues team".

consider the source

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville

and Milbury in the post game, not even a consideration when asked..... please, please, make these windbags look stupid.....

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
How am I supposed to work today like it's just another normal day??? I'm too excited about tonight!

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Since game 1, the media outlets have dismissed the Predators. There are a few that like them, Gage comes to mind, but otherwise, they are few and far between.

As a fan, this makes me want this even more than I thought possible. Take game 7 Preds. Prove the doubters wrong. Let's go to the conference finals!

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Since game 1, the media outlets have dismissed the Predators. There are a few that like them, Gage comes to mind, but otherwise, they are few and far between.

As a fan, this makes me want this even more than I thought possible. Take game 7 Preds. Prove the doubters wrong. Let's go to the conference finals!

I don’t have a problem with anyone picking the Sharks to win the series. What drives me crazy is how many people continue to (lazily) keep calling the Sharks, “by far the better team on paper†or the “prohibitive/heavy favorite†or calling the Preds “huge underdogsâ€. Even the few who are picking the Preds tonight almost always throw in a “The Sharks are the much better team, BUT …………â€.

It is just not true- no matter how you want to compare these two teams- roster, talent, season record, head to head record, etc, etc- there is nothing whatsoever that should make anyone look at these two teams and say one is that much better than the other.

Just win tonight and shut everyone up!

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
well, in the event we lose, I have a goat... my stepson took my game day coffee mug this morning... yes I got it back and washed and used it myself, but don't know if his use of it negates the mojo....

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
It happened during the Levy's Lounge on SC. He later started saying either the Sharks or Predators, then picked the Sharks to win.

I wouldn't put it past him being such an idiot that he thought SJ had already won and someone had to correct him

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Don't tell me the Sharks have a better roster than the Preds. It simply isn't so. Their old men only look good on the power play where they don't have to skate. And all of them played in all 3 games they lost. This has all the makings of a very good game between 2 evenly matched clubs. Penalties and goal tending will decide the game.
have you seen Marleau skate? lol it's like someone put a rocket behind when he gets going

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I still say we go as Rinne goes. If he plays good, we have a good shot, if he plays like the last game, it's going to be tough....
Rinne played outstanding in Game 7 against the Ducks. Easy to forget that. We need another A game from him or we're probably in trouble unless it's some weird fluke game all the way around.

I think we're the better 5 on 5 team and so we must. stay. disciplined. dammit.

golfmade

Go Preds Go
Dec 30, 2002
Idahoan in Taiwan
I think this game clearly shows why A) We need to play better in the regular season to get home ice and B) We need to show up for each and every playoff game so that we don't have to travel as much as we did.

darth5

No!
Mar 28, 2002
Smashville, TN
This hurts. Some of our best players had their worst playoff games, perhaps ever. The media gets to gloat and the get the storyline they wanted, Sharks advance. I hate that team, hate the Blues too. The only team left I don't despise is the Lightning.

Going to be hard to watch any of it now.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
What a great run. In my 30+ years of being a hockey fan, that was one of the best and most fun seasons I've ever had.

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
Tough way to end a series, that's for certain. Congrats on a good run! Take what you can out of it, learn from it, adjust to what is needed in the off-season, and go for it once more next year, all you can do!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad