GDT: WCSF - (WC1) Nashville Predators vs (P3) San Jose Sharks - Series Talk (SJ Wins 4-3)

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
So I recently ordered dinner, didn't think much of the price but then we got to our second game 7...

I ordered 2 pizzas, some chicken and a small cheese cake. The total price? NT$777 (roughly US$24).

Hoping it's a good sign. :naughty:
Speaking of hoping for good signs: parts of Nashville got owned by big hail/thunderstorms last night and into this morning and my neighborhood and Mt. Juliet as a whole was one of those parts. There were all sorts of things knocked over, a couple stop lights out, downed power lines, parts of trees in streets, etc. A lightning strike set a strip mall on fire. It was crazy.

My neighbor has one of those cheap little "Proud Citizen of Smashville" game night giveaway yard signs in his front yard and surrounded by all the blown over debris, broken tree branches in the streets, and anything else you'd see from the aftermath of a bad storm is still his Preds sign. Standing there like it was never touched.

Smashville Stroke

Apr 25, 2016
Lawrenceburg, TN
Seeing some complaining about the start time for game 7 on main and SJ boards. Apparently traffic issues will cause a delay in most people getting there. Hopefully the Preds can jump on them early and take control before the crowd even gets going. Hopefully this doesn't turn into another conspiracy theory.

luckofirish8

Jan 18, 2012
Nashville, TN
Seeing some complaining about the start time for game 7 on main and SJ boards. Apparently traffic issues will cause a delay in most people getting there. Hopefully the Preds can jump on them early and take control before the crowd even gets going. Hopefully this doesn't turn into another conspiracy theory.

Best guess...that will likely depend on if San Jose wins or not.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Traffic causes a delay for normal game times there. I'll take it but I think they got hosed.

Smashville Stroke

Apr 25, 2016
Lawrenceburg, TN
Traffic causes a delay for normal game times there. I'll take it but I think they got hosed.

I'm not trying to say that it isn't going to be a problem, but considering we have started almost every game at or after 8 central, I think they can handle one early start time.

Edit: Looking at the schedule, I didn't remember game two being so early. So this would be their 2nd early home game. The other two were at 7 and 7:30 though, so it works out.

Last edited:

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
I think it's the same kind of pointless *****ing in the same way our travel is pointless *****ing. If the Snarks didn't want the early game 7 start time, don't let it get to game 7. If we had seeded higher, we wouldn't have had to travel as much

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I'm not trying to say that it isn't going to be a problem, but considering we have started almost every game at or after 8 central, I think they can handle one early start time.

Edit: Looking at the schedule, I didn't remember game two being so early. So this would be their 2nd early home game. The other two were at 7 and 7:30 though, so it works out.

That game 2 was a weekend game, though-

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
boo freaking hoo. we got hosed every game but one on scheduling I believe.
If you're referring to start times, that's an issue with every Central Time Zone team, not just us. Plus I'd rather start a home game at 8 rather than 6 so we can get our fans there. If you're referring to lack of weekend home games then yeah that was quite the BS.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
If I had tickets to a game 7 in Smashville (any playoff game really) and the league said the game was going to start at 6, or 5, or 4, or be a 12 noon game on a weekday... i'd be there for opening faceoff no matter what. Can people seriously not ask their boss to leave work 90-120 mins early for a huge playoff game? I'm sure not 100% would get the okay, but I'd bet an overwhelming majority would be okay with it, especially with over 48 hours advanced notice.

But what i'm hopping for is what someone posted above, I hope they're all late to the game, don't show up until the 2nd period and the Preds can capitalize early in the quiet arena!!

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
If I had tickets to a game 7 in Smashville (any playoff game really) and the league said the game was going to start at 6, or 5, or 4, or be a 12 noon game on a weekday... i'd be there for opening faceoff no matter what. Can people seriously not ask their boss to leave work 90-120 mins early for a huge playoff game? I'm sure not 100% would get the okay, but I'd bet an overwhelming majority would be okay with it, especially with over 48 hours advanced notice.

But what i'm hopping for is what someone posted above, I hope they're all late to the game, don't show up until the 2nd period and the Preds can capitalize early in the quiet arena!!

Agree 100%- people act like it is an absolute impossibility to get there for a 6:00 game.

As always, it's all about priorities- if it's important enough to you, you can get there. Heck, we have to make 7 hour round trips from Birmingham to make any playoff game- does it suck? Is it inconvenient? Heck yes, but it's important to us so we do whatever it takes to make it happen.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
Hope its like the Ducks game where the arena is only 70% full and the crowd isn't a factor at all after a quick goal or two.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
If you're referring to start times, that's an issue with every Central Time Zone team, not just us. Plus I'd rather start a home game at 8 rather than 6 so we can get our fans there. If you're referring to lack of weekend home games then yeah that was quite the BS.

I was referring to us having to start at 8 (and get moved to the alternate channels) as opposed to our usual 7 to accommodate the more popular matchups, as well as the no weekend home games and no extra rest days.

one 6 oclock start for the Sharks doesn't equal out to all the crap we have been given

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
should I do barebones or get help with graphics on game7?

since its not being used on the main board I'd suggest barebones for the first post, but CI does such good work I'd not object to him posting his graphics later in the thread

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I was referring to us having to start at 8 (and get moved to the alternate channels) as opposed to our usual 7 to accommodate the more popular matchups, as well as the no weekend home games and no extra rest days.

one 6 oclock start for the Sharks doesn't equal out to all the crap we have been given

Yeah I'm relatively sure that when LA has been in the Finals in 2012 and 14, it was fairly common for their games to start at 5:00 or 5:30 local time on weeknights to accommodate east coast viewers. If they want to be there at 6:00, they'll be there. The West Coast deals with things earlier than the rest of the country for things like this when they have to. They're used to it.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Bare bones? It's game 7, biggest game in franchise history! GO BIG

I'd just go with like 80 Always Sunny GIFs

tumblr_lsz3gq7VAW1qbvyllo1_400.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad