• Preds in 4

• Preds in 5

• Preds in 6

• Preds in 7

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
One jerk fan from one fanbase said something rude on the main boards. Then another jerk from the other fanbase wrote something pissy back. Then a few more jerks piled on. Then, because of a half dozen people who said some rude things about each others team/city/jersey/whatever, everyone else on HFBoards figures the entire city of {City A / City B} are filled with monstrous asshats, and amp up to start WWIII.

The internet is great!

Edited to encompass every main board thread on HF.

m.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
I see at least twice as much hate the other way. Go read their forum if you don't believe me.

DHFjKFkVYAEj8cu.jpg

Maybe the little dude is onto something. :sarcasm:

Sammy225

Aug 9, 2011
What are the rumors..... Is game 3 &4 likely to be Tuesday-Thursday or Wednesday-Friday

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
When you have a healthy growing fanbase like Nashville with a good competitive team, you want to expose as many local fans to the product as possible. It just makes good business sense.

LOL, yeah, that's the reason they're doing the restricted sales. I couldn't care less and yeah, it's not an uncommon practice. So we have a well established southern market that you intone Canadians condescendingly look down upon yet they need to protect the market because too many tickets are available to games and subsequently they have to keep the foreigners out? One of these things is not like the other...

But I am chuckling at the notion the Jets are somehow restricting access to tickets. By what, having too small an arena or a dedicated season ticket group? Otherwise tickets are openly available via ticketmaster, no geographic restrictions.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
What are the rumors..... Is game 3 &4 likely to be Tuesday-Thursday or Wednesday-Friday

Almost guaranteed to be Tuesday Thursday. Bridgestone is booked on May 6 so Game 5 would almost certainly be Saturday May 5.

Start times are probably dependant on whether or not Leafs advances, plus the impact of the NBA playoffs since Raptors Celtics & Wizards are all still alive.

Reactions: allan5oh

BobEssensa

Jun 16, 2011
Who cares why their fans hate us? And do we really need to justify our dislike of their fanbase? Screw the Preds, and f*** their fans too. Let's go!!

Reactions: Jmiller1

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
No I'm saying you are painting everyone with too wide a brush. I think you are only talking about a small minority and it's unfair to lump everyone in with your rant.

I also don't believe Jets fans hate Preds fans as you claimed. I see at least twice as much hate the other way. Go read their forum if you don't believe me.
Their forum does not = their fan base.

I never equate a team's fan base with their forum members here because I don't feel like it accurately aligns.

I am talking about what I've been seeing on Twitter, Facebook, etc.

Anywho, it's my opinion and just what I've seen.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada

I never equate a team's fan base with their forum members here because I don't feel like it accurately aligns.

Thats a great point. Totally true.

Reactions: Jet

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013

And I disagree. There are bad apples everywhere. And please don't judge society using twitter as a measuring point.

Winnipeg is not particularly bad IMO. Others are far far worse include the Predators

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
And I disagree. There are bad apples everywhere. And please don't judge society using twitter as a measuring point.

Winnipeg is not particularly bad IMO. Others are far far worse include the Predators
LOL says don't judge yadda yadda, and then next sentence "others are far far worse include the Predators" :laugh:. OK, according to what measurement?

I know having a contrary opinion to the majority here opens you up to this but I won't stop giving my opinon, especially when it's based on life experience.

I've been to Nashville many times, and have gone to regular season and playoff games there. I lived in Winnipeg a good chunk of my life. I am saying that the things I hear about Nashville and their fans coming from some Winnipeggers are not based on fact - but flawed memes about the southern hockey markets. I stand by that.

I am also a born and raised Winnipegger that will always proudly call that city my home. If you want to have an open mind and accept that what I am saying might have some truth to it, that's great. If not? *shrugs*

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
LOL says don't judge yadda yadda, and then next sentence "others are far far worse include the Predators" :laugh:. OK

I know having a contrary opinion to the majority here opens you up to this but I won't stop giving my opinon, especially when it's based on life experience.

I've been to Nashville many times, and have gone to regular season and playoff games there. I lived in Winnipeg a good chunk of my life. I am saying that the things I hear about Nashville and their fans coming from some Winnipeggers are not based on fact - but flawed memes about the southern hockey markets. I stand by that.

I am also a born and raised Winnipegger that will always proudly call that city my home. If you want to have an open mind and accept that what I am saying might have some truth to it, that's great. If not? *shrugs*

I don't expect anyone to stop giving their opinion here. But don't expect everyone to blindly agree with those opinions. Expect people to voice differences.

Twitter is by far one of the biggest sewers on earth.....that's all I was saying

I have also been to Nashville and love the city. Not sure why that is relevant? I don't hate any hockey fans.

Last edited:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Meh there are uneducated jerks in all fan bases. For the most part I have seen nothing but praise and respect for their fan base in my circles.

Reactions: Jet

thejaf7

Mar 21, 2010
Go to movie. PVR the game for later viewing. Do not use Stop Recording at Scheduled Time in your settings. :laugh:

Probably will be my plan, as long as I can stay in a bubble from when I leave the theatre to home I'll be good! Checking my phone on the other hand...

antiqueslivers

Apr 16, 2015
Go to movie!??? That sounds heretical! Why not got to the movie the day after..... I mean its not a live event or anything. Anywhooo thoroughly enjoying the main boards and triggered nashville posters. I for one am swearing off the whole posting on the teams board but lurking on em and reading their whole "GIT OFF MAH LAWN" type responses to people who are saying good luck and what not is hilarious!

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Probably will be my plan, as long as I can stay in a bubble from when I leave the theatre to home I'll be good! Checking my phone on the other hand...

I would do the opposite. If we don't win, I see no point in wasting an hour or so of my time watching something that will just piss me off. On a somewhat related note, the Canadian Film or Video Production Tax Credit logo really should be featured at the start of the movie as a warning to viewers. :laugh:

Reactions: thejaf7

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
I heard (2nd hand, albeit) that Jets games will be Tuesday May 1st and Thursday May 3rd from an MTS Centre employee

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
I'll be in Winnipeg starting today, what's a good place to watch the game in St. James?
As mentioned, Underdogs (beer is always super cold, and the food is good, not spectacular), Silver Heights (although the lounge isn't huge, it's friendly and service is always outstanding, plus SH Ribs!), Smitty's at Portage & Westwood (lots on tap, and several pool tables), Boston Pizza at Portage & Moray (decent selection of tap and food, but not outstanding), and One Great City brewpub at Madison Square by Polo Park.

Can't speak for Garbonzo's as we've yet to visit.

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
Back to the topic of 1st overall playing 2nd overall in the 2nd round; if Boston beats Toronto tonight, the the 2nd round will also feature 3rd overall playing 4th overall, meaning 2 out of the top 4 overall teams will be out of the postseason after round 2.

Honestly, is there a play-off format involving 16 teams that make everyone happy? Probably not, because there is no system that guarantees the top 2 teams meet in the final series. It is what it is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad