WCSF Gm#6: KINGS vs. Sharks - 5/26/13 - One More Win.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I love Nolan but there was no reason to put him in the lineup last night as SJ is weak physically.

3rd line looked real good...is Brown driving it? Maybe time to put him back on the first line?

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
ART2006.jpg

Wow, he sure looks young. Those are cute trophies for him, I'm sure he's very proud of his accomplishments.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
What are the lines in practice?

Helene Elliott tweeted that none of the regulars were at practice. She did say Stoll skated with Toffoli and a few others.

I imagine they'll have an early practice tomorrow. Maybe then we'll see if Sutter moves Clifford down and /or hopefully TT goes in.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Wow, he sure looks young. Those are cute trophies for him, I'm sure he's very proud of his accomplishments.

I don't think there is disputing that Joe has been one of the best players in the series. When the next King wins a Heart I will be rubbing it in everyone's face any chance that player is bad mouthed.
Can't fault this fan here.

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
I don't think there is disputing that Joe has been one of the best players in the series. When the next King wins a Heart I will be rubbing it in everyone's face any chance that player is bad mouthed.

Ill dispute it. The best player in this series wears a Los Angeles Kings jersey with a 32 on the back of it.

EDIT: okay I actually read your post this time. And yes I agree he's been one of the best players.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Ill dispute it. The best player in this series wears a Los Angeles Kings jersey with a 32 on the back of it.

EDIT: okay I actually read your post this time. And yes I agree he's been one of the best players.

I will agree with your original view on my post. IMO (and I would htink most others) Quick has been the MVP of the playoffs so far. He has put the effort forward that if this were the finals and the kings loose he would still win the Conn Smythe.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

I'll dispute it on the grounds he's on the wrong board :P

otherwise he's been a beast and I agree

SC2008

Oct 14, 2006
Helene Elliott tweeted that none of the regulars were at practice. She did say Stoll skated with Toffoli and a few others.

I imagine they'll have an early practice tomorrow. Maybe then we'll see if Sutter moves Clifford down and /or hopefully TT goes in.

Why was TT out last game? Was shocked to see that. In a series where offense is a premium that was a bad move to bench the guy.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Kings should win game seven, but it is still close to a coin flip.

Will be very sad if it is the last kings game until September. At least camp should be interesting, it will be Sutter's first.

This off season will be crazy with the cap going down. Maybe not so much for the kings but in general. I wonder where Bernier will end up.
I am very concerned for tomorrow. The kings have won so many at home, and you have to think at some point that comes to an end. Hopefully that is not till against Detroit with LA finding it's road game in the Western finals.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Why was TT out last game? Was shocked to see that. In a series where offense is a premium that was a bad move to bench the guy.

I think Sutter felt Nolan could bring ummm... wait let me try and figure this out...ummm...oh, I have no idea. :shakehead

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007

Will be very sad if it is the last kings game until September. At least camp should be interesting, it will be Sutter's first.

I will be in deep depression mode all summer long if we lose tomorrow I can swallow losing in the next round but to the Sharks.....please don't lose!

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA

Agreed... it's amazing what a Cup win will do to a fan's psyche. Losing game 7 pre-2012 would have been completely gutting. Now I'm approaching it far differently. It'll be great if they win, and they should win, but it won't be depression-inducing if they don't.

That said, I can't imagine Quick losing a game 7 playoff game at home. He may have to single-handedly drag his team across the finish line himself to do it. Losing would mean he'd have lost 4 of his last 5 games, which is such an unlikely scenario, and really reflects poorly on the players in front of him who have forgotten how to score on the road.

Win or lose, I'm happy as a pig in slop that Quick is the man in net for the foreseeable future.

Jun 30, 2006
I'll say this for Quick, he shows up the bigger the games get. Something flipped a switch in his head during last years run where he was amazing in the those critical games. That was far from the case pre-2012 playoffs. So I don't think he will let us down in game 7, he's been our best and most consistent player this series.

Still, anything can happen, stats don't matter at this juncture.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
Agreed... it's amazing what a Cup win will do to a fan's psyche. Losing game 7 pre-2012 would have been completely gutting. Now I'm approaching it far differently. It'll be great if they win, and they should win, but it won't be depression-inducing if they don't.

That said, I can't imagine Quick losing a game 7 playoff game at home. He may have to single-handedly drag his team across the finish line himself to do it. Losing would mean he'd have lost 4 of his last 5 games, which is such an unlikely scenario, and really reflects poorly on the players in front of him who have forgotten how to score on the road.

Win or lose, I'm happy as a pig in slop that Quick is the man in net for the foreseeable future.

It won't be Quick loosing it for us if we lose. He has been great and not allowed more than 2 goals in any of our losses this year in the playoffs. If we loose it will be squarely on the backs of our offense. We are at 2.0 G/G that is more than sad. All 5 teams below us on G/G are out and the one right in front is out also. Even if Quick somehow doesn't show up, which I highly doubt, he wouldn't be to blame in my book.

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
Friendly PSA...

Loose = not tight
Lose = opposite of win

Loosing = uncombined; never used when describing anything about hockey.
Losing = not winning; used all the time when describing Sharks past playoff success.

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
Just hoping it won't be as disappointing as the Ducks game 7 against Detroit. They totally mailed that game in and were horrible. I expect Staples to be going mental....

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Isn't quick 0-2 in elimination games at home?

Quick is going to need a lot of help from Kopitar, carter, Richards and brown.

You're worried about the wrong player there.

Kopitar,Carter,Richards need a lot of help from Quick.

Quick has done everything in his power to move the Kings along.

Quick is probably going to need another shutout, cause I don't see the Kings scoring more than two.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I'm not worried about quick, but he needs more than one goal from the top six. It's going take at least three goals for the kings to win, just like last game.

Quick will most likely need a shutout, The forwards just don't have the chemistry this year.

This playoff's is going to have to be carried by Quick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad