WCSF Gm#5: KINGS vs. Sharks - 5/23/13 - Shutown Win! Three Down, One to GO! GO KINGS!

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
I've been really impressed with Carter hitting people. Yeah, sometimes the hits result in penalties but for someone who rarely finishes his checks during the regular season he's really pounding guys now.

Also, for all the *****ing in the GDT about Voynov, he was TSN's player of the game yesterday.

SLang

Nov 29, 2005
Huntington Beach, CA
The key for the Sharks is the man advantage. If the Kings manage to stay out of the box on Sunday, their chances are good. They also figured out how to beat Thornton on faceoffs, which is to tie his god damned stick.

Agreed, and if we do take a penalty, let there be a reason for it mostly relating to eliminating a clear scoring chance. No more plays like Carter's silly charging call on that icing last night.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Agreed, and if we do take a penalty, let there be a reason for it mostly relating to eliminating a clear scoring chance. No more plays like Carter's silly charging call on that icing last night.

I didn't like that call, and it's mainly due to the late whistle and late indication of an icing. Either Carter didn't hear it or the ref was late in making that determination. Carter isn't the type who is going to take an irresponsible penalty like that. But I do like that he's finishing his checks as another poster above mentioned. He wrecked another Sharks player later on. Maybe seeing Penner bulldoze his way through players is rubbing off.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
The key for the Sharks is the man advantage. If the Kings manage to stay out of the box on Sunday, their chances are good. They also figured out how to beat Thornton on faceoffs, which is to tie his god damned stick.

Well, I wouldn't go that far. Thornton still won 20 of 27 faceoffs last night. Don't get much more dominant than that.

Puck U

2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
Aug 2, 2005
Apple Valley, CA.
Well, I wouldn't go that far. Thornton still won 20 of 27 faceoffs last night. Don't get much more dominant than that.

Yep Jumbo Joe was actually 65% (13/20) on FO's in Game #3, 67% (12/18) on FO's in Game #4 ... and 69% (20/27) Last night in Game #5 ... so he's actually gotten BETTER. :nod: so much for Ziggy Stardust's "Professional Hockey Analysis" :laugh:

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Yep Jumbo Joe was actually 65% (13/20) on FO's in Game #3, 67% (12/18) on FO's in Game #4 ... and 69% (20/27) Last night in Game #5 ... so he's actually gotten BETTER. :nod: so much for Ziggy Stardust's "Professional Hockey Analysis" :laugh:

It's the eye test, the Kings won big faceoffs against Joe that led to big moments, such as Voynov's goal, and a late faceoff that the Kings won. And as Sutter has said, you guys (and reporters) will focus on the numbers, but I didn't see the Sharks as being much of a threat last night after faceoff wins, and that was due to how they managed to recover after faceoff losses (according to the stat sheet).

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
You really are something else.

What do you dispute about what I said? I was being complimentary to your boy and how he played last night. Man some of you FlyKings fans are really sensitive.

When Kopitar and Richards show up this team is extremely difficult to beat with the way Quick stops pucks. If the Kings score more than one goal most nights they are going to win. Quick is the best player in the world, he just needs a little but of help, last night he got alot and that's a good thing.

If the Kings get play like that on Sunday they will win, even with the game in SJ, that's all I was saying

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
If Sharks and their staff are dirty and planned to take Stoll out to gain an advantage in this series and I SAID IFthat meaning I don't think they are but if there was a slightest little possibility they were then their next target would be Quick. So I really hope there won't be any ridiculous happenings involving Quick in next game.

Btw; WHAT A GAME!!!!!!!!!! Please bring that to the next game, hitting forecheck gap controll absolutely no time for Sharks to set it up. And Lewis is my kind of guy- all heart no giving up. I love that kind of mentality...who doesn't :laugh:

If the Sharks were targeting a Kings player for I jury it would be Kopitar, Quick, Doughty, Richards or someone like that.

Torres is a pretty big loss for them to, Galiardi is awful.

sinister6000

Apr 30, 2013
The kings should end this series in san jose, if they do they can get some rest. And hopfuly get Stoll back for the next series.

Arrhizal

May 4, 2012
Slovenia
So nice, going on a three day hiatus with a 3-2 lead. Shudder at the thought of being down 3-2 with all this time to maull.

alpa

Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter
Dec 3, 2006
Sweden and Slovenia
If the Sharks were targeting a Kings player for I jury it would be Kopitar, Quick, Doughty, Richards or someone like that.

Torres is a pretty big loss for them to, Galiardi is awful.

I take that as you agree. IMO Quick is the biggest obstacle for them.

BTW an idiot for an idiot-Torres - Galliardi

KingKopitar11*

I've been really impressed with Carter hitting people. Yeah, sometimes the hits result in penalties but for someone who rarely finishes his checks during the regular season he's really pounding guys now.

Also, for all the *****ing in the GDT about Voynov, he was TSN's player of the game yesterday.

I remember people talking about one hit Carter threw that was really big, Do you know when it was? I didn't see the hit.

123slam

Dec 28, 2006
This team is going to go up there with the 91-94' Kings team...maybe even higher with the cup win. I'd go on a limb to say our best team ever...

Go out on a limb? :laugh:

We are by far the best Kings team ever assembled. And it's so ****ing beautiful I shed a tear in my sleep every night.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Quick has a really good chance to go down as the greatest King of all time. He just has that aura about him, the same way Roy, Jordan, Brady etc. do. It's pretty amazing what he is doing the last two playoffs, and I don't think any of us will truly appreciate it until he is gone and we can look back on it.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Wow, last night's game wasn't even talked about on Around the Horn and PTI. They bothered talking about Hawks-Wings and Bruins-Rangers. ****ing East Coast.

Yup there's virtually no west coast talk on any sports networks/shows unless Kobe is involved.

Wait, I have an idea...any of you guys ever seen Sudden Death? :sarcasm:

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Yup there's virtually no west coast talk on any sports networks/shows unless Kobe is involved.

Wait, I have an idea...any of you guys ever seen Sudden Death? :sarcasm:

Even the promos on NBCSN/NBC are all for the Hawks-Wings and Bruins-Rangers series. You'd think these were the final 4 the way they've been promoted.

Willard

Kings All The Way
Sep 15, 2004
Just Off Highway 1

Voynov has had two recent shots (last night's goal and the other one tipped by Richards) with lots of traffic where it would seem impossible to sneak it in, but he did anyway.

When the Sharks give Voynov that kind of space to get off his shot, he can really pinpoint it.

Ron*

Voynov has had two recent shots (last night's goal and the other one tipped by Richards) with lots of traffic where it would seem impossible to sneak it in, but he did anyway.

When the Sharks give Voynov that kind of space to get off his shot, he can really pinpoint it.

I've noticed in the playoffs Voynov has basically quit sending in that soft "shot-pass" type of puck and has just moved in and shot it.

It's working. He will soon set the all-time playoff record for goals by a Kings' defenseman. Kudos to him.

Hopefully as soon as Sunday. :)

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Even the promos on NBCSN/NBC are all for the Hawks-Wings and Bruins-Rangers series. You'd think these were the final 4 the way they've been promoted.

Well, it reminded me heavily of the other day. My girlfriend and I were joking around about how everyone BUT the Penguins were playing but they'd find a way to sneak in a longer segment on Crosby than the Kings. Lo and behold...

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
But did you guys know that if anyone in the media wants to blame Brad Richards that Tortarella says they can kiss his ass? That was big breaking news last night and had to be repeated in the 1st intermission, 2nd intermission, and post game.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad