WCSF Gm#5: KINGS vs. Sharks - 5/23/13 - Shutown Win! Three Down, One to GO! GO KINGS!

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
Well, it reminded me heavily of the other day. My girlfriend and I were joking around about how everyone BUT the Penguins were playing but they'd find a way to sneak in a longer segment on Crosby than the Kings. Lo and behold...

It's alright, they won't be talking about him too much once the Pens are pounded and bounced by the Bruins next round.

But back to the topic at hand. Solid 60 minute effort from the Kings last night. TSN was saying after the game, even though Quick wasn't too busy, it seemed like he was 2 seconds ahead of the Sharks all night. Like he knew exactly what they were going to do before it happened. That save on Pavelski was classic Quick. He's money come playoff time and I wouldn't want any other goalie between the pipes come playoff time. Even the regular season for that matter.

Last edited:

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
It's alright, they won't be talking about him too much once the Pens are pounded and bounced by the Bruins next round.

But back to the topic at hand. Solid 60 minute effort from the Kings last night. TSN was saying after the game, even though Quick wasn't too busy, it seemed like he was 2 seconds ahead of the Sharks all night. Like he knew exactly what they were going to do before it happened. That save on Pavelski was classic Quick. He's money come playoff time and I wouldn't want any other goalie between the pipes come playoff time. Even the regular season for that matter.

I wonder what the Kings would look like with Sidney Crosby.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't change too much about the awesome roster Lombardi has assembled, but I wonder what kind of number he would put up in the west, especially on this team.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I wonder what the Kings would look like with Sidney Crosby.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't change too much about the awesome roster Lombardi has assembled, but I wonder what kind of number he would put up in the west, especially on this team.

Probably 90-100. He's so damn good.

Still hate him though ;)

Ron*

Unless I am mistaken, the Pens went 4-0 or 3-1 against Boston this season. They had their number, as I recall.

Ron*

As we've seen numerous times, regular season means nothing when it comes to the playoffs.

Pittsburgh had Boston's number. And they were in their head. I remember a couple of games where Boston had a lead in the third and blew it.

And Boston has been repeating that behavior in the playoffs.

ukyo

Mar 2, 2003
Silicon Valley
Visit site
The Kings were in St. Louis' head. That didn't stop them from largely outplaying the Kings most of Round 1. I think Boston is going to be a handful for the Pens, and if they don't beat them, they're not going to go down easily.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Very true. And if they keep that effort up, I feel good about our chances, even if the Sharks come out hard. What was awesome about Quick was he kept his focus even when nothing was going on for him. In the past, when we've had an effort like that vs. the Sharks, their firepower gets opportunistic and scores on the one-two random chances they get. It was nice to see him shut the door, particularly on Pavelski there at the end.

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
The Kings/Sharks game 5 drew a 2.4 rating in LA (should wind up being either #1 or #2 watched show on cable in the LA market). That's the highest rating ever for a second round game in the LA market on NBCSN.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
The Kings/Sharks game 5 drew a 2.4 rating in LA (should wind up being either #1 or #2 watched show on cable in the LA market). That's the highest rating ever for a second round game in the LA market on NBCSN.

Great, maybe we'll start to see some better advertisers. Cash4Gold and the tracheotomy lady are getting old.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
It's all just luck. The Kings just aren't a very good team. :sarcasm:

Has anyone compiled all of the NHL records that the Kings have set the past two playoffs seasons?

Who cares? Didn't you hear the Pens moved on? :sarcasm:

Really though, I'm sooo impressed with what this team has done since last year's Sutter hiring. Especially with Greene/Mitchell out for large chunks. There's a definite culture change with these guys here and with a goalie that shares the warrior mentality with the players.

Model62

Jul 14, 2012
Who cares? Didn't you hear the Pens moved on? :sarcasm:

Really though, I'm sooo impressed with what this team has done since last year's Sutter hiring. Especially with Greene/Mitchell out for large chunks. There's a definite culture change with these guys here and with a goalie that shares the warrior mentality with the players.

Sutter is a mad genius and it sucks that he hasn't gotten any Adams Award consideration the past couple of years.

Oh well. The broadcasters are idiots, anyway, with a couple three exceptions.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
A game 7 between these two teams would be epic. I just hope it gets there.

Naw, that's alright.

I would rather we just end it next game.

That said, it seems that the dirty sharks plan to take out our best face off winner has gotten them this far. Hopefully no further though and their plan runs out of play next game.

The difference in our team without Stoll in the line up is considerable. Say what we want about Stolls overall game but come playoff time the team that wins the most face offs typically win the game.

We did it last game. We simply must do it again this game too.

Oh and Quick is simply the best goalie to ever even consider wearing a Kings uniform. He is simply astonishing. Two former NHL goalies (neither known to be that great but still NHLers) have both made a point to say that they think JQ might just be one of the best when it is all said and done.

WAAAAAAAAAAY too early to even consider it seriously but he has been nothing short of one of the best playoff goalies I have seen. It feels weird to say it after all this time but its true, we have an elite talent in net. He earned all his cred last season and throughout the playoffs.

He has proven beyond all doubts that he is one of the best in the league today by what he has done so far this post season. At least he has to me.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
The team appears to be loose (from practice today) which is a good sign.

The Mayor John Hoven ‏@mayorNHL 10m
#LAKings Matt Greene talked about this team being the best locker room he's ever been part of and that's what drove him during rehab.

The Mayor John Hoven ‏@mayorNHL 7m
#LAkings @DustinBrown23 on me collecting comments about Matt Greene's job in college- 'Dewey shouldn't comment on anything about school.'

The Mayor John Hoven ‏@mayorNHL 20m
#LAKings @colinfraser on Clifford (while KC was flexing in the background)- 'His hairline is thinning a bit though...But he's a man child
(cont)...he's been a man child since he was 18. When I was in EDM, he tried to fight me and I kindly declined because he looked like a man'

The Mayor John Hoven ‏@mayorNHL 16m
#lakings @ColinFraser on if he aspires to have a body like Clifford - 'Yeah, but If u ever saw my dad, I don't have the gene pool for that'

The Mayor John Hoven ‏@mayorNHL 1h
Highlight of practice so far was a little kid, maybe 7yrs old, taking a picture of @MRichie_10 - and without asking,he handed him his stick.
The kid's face lit up like a Christmas tree and he was utterly speechless. Awesome moment. @MRichie_10 probably made a fan for life.

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
The team appears to be loose (from practice today) which is a good sign.

The Mayor John Hoven ‏@mayorNHL 10m
#LAKings Matt Greene talked about this team being the best locker room he's ever been part of and that's what drove him during rehab.

The Mayor John Hoven ‏@mayorNHL 7m
#LAkings @DustinBrown23 on me collecting comments about Matt Greene's job in college- 'Dewey shouldn't comment on anything about school.'

The Mayor John Hoven ‏@mayorNHL 20m
#LAKings @colinfraser on Clifford (while KC was flexing in the background)- 'His hairline is thinning a bit though...But he's a man child
(cont)...he's been a man child since he was 18. When I was in EDM, he tried to fight me and I kindly declined because he looked like a man'

The Mayor John Hoven ‏@mayorNHL 16m
#lakings @ColinFraser on if he aspires to have a body like Clifford - 'Yeah, but If u ever saw my dad, I don't have the gene pool for that'

The Mayor John Hoven ‏@mayorNHL 1h
Highlight of practice so far was a little kid, maybe 7yrs old, taking a picture of @MRichie_10 - and without asking,he handed him his stick.
The kid's face lit up like a Christmas tree and he was utterly speechless. Awesome moment. @MRichie_10 probably made a fan for life.

That Mike Richards is such a **** huh Philly fans? :sarcasm:

KingKopitar11*

That Mike Richards is such a **** huh Philly fans? :sarcasm:

I heard on the flyers boards he jumped barriers to avoid fans lol.

Any news from twitter about anything interesting at practice?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad