WCSF Gm#5: KINGS vs. Sharks - 5/23/13 - Shutown Win! Three Down, One to GO! GO KINGS!

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
That was a great game. I was worried in the first when we were controlling the majority of the play but could not hit the net.
Best game of the series for the kings. Hopefully they can close it out Sunday.

The Big Giant Head

Mar 27, 2009
So-Cal
i havent scrolled through this thread yet but i think Greene needs some praise, he looked great last night. He was a ****ing freight train! A full 60min effort for the first time this post season, god it was fantastic to see that. At no point was i frustrated becasue of the lack of effort or stupidity last night night. If we can do this again on Sunday, we'll be waiting for Detroit in the next round

The Big Giant Head

Mar 27, 2009
So-Cal
Love it. Quick is living in their heads rent-free. :nod:

lol

i spit coffee on my monitor when i read that...:laugh:

also i dont want to toot my own horn to loud but i posted this after the last game...

Glad we're headed back to Staples...we need that home ice advantage to get anywhere right now. I was so embarrassed for our team and effort after that 1st period. 2nd was a little better and the 3rd was great.

I dont understand why these guys dont play San Jose like we play St.Louis...we need to bring our physical game back and start hitting everything that moves. Brown has been frustrating...hes always waiting to see what happens instead of making something happen...that whole 1st line needs to get their **** together.

we out hit SJ 2:1...the final game hits were 54-21. We have the bigger more aggressive team. When we play physical like we played St.Louis, they cant compete with that.

Last edited:

KingPurpleDinosaur

Bandwagon Kings Fan
Dec 17, 2002
irvine, ca
www.anteaterhockey.com
The best part about Greene being so aggressive is it means one thing - he's healthy.

more like "healthier". hockey players don't really play healthy.

The Greene effect was marvelous. After a few hits, you can tell the forwards hesitated when they had the puck. Nobody wanted to be lying in that impact crater once Greene let it be known he was playing his game. God i missed him.

I still remember when everyone thought he was the throw-in on the Lubo trade.

dogyekcoh*

The Greene effect was marvelous. After a few hits, you can tell the forwards hesitated when they had the puck. Nobody wanted to be lying in that impact crater once Greene let it be known he was playing his game. God i missed him.

I wonder who won that deal? :D
Thank you Edmonton for Mean Greene Machine and Stars Banging Stoll. Oh, I almost forgot Playoff Penner too.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Exactly what the doctor ordered. Forwards and D alike heard footsteps on every play. Hell, I can remember a couple of times we went for a change and the D would fumble the puck in their skates :laugh:

Let's hope that switch is flipped for good, though. Game 6 is going to be the Kings' biggest challenge.

Nefarious

Classless Doty
Jun 27, 2006
King's Landing
Hank who?
tumblr_m5bk9iPvgT1qebewco4_500_zps42b0d2cd.gif

Quick looks a little like Layne Staley there. :laugh: When he was still alive. :cry:

tumblr_lme0vy1WWT1qejrqso1_1280.jpg

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County
From the NHL twitter:

The @LAKings have not allowed more than 3 goals in any of their last 31 playoff games dating to last year, an NHL record. #BecauseItsTheCup

alpa

Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter
Dec 3, 2006
Sweden and Slovenia
If Sharks and their staff are dirty and planned to take Stoll out to gain an advantage in this series and I SAID IFthat meaning I don't think they are but if there was a slightest little possibility they were then their next target would be Quick. So I really hope there won't be any ridiculous happenings involving Quick in next game.

Btw; WHAT A GAME!!!!!!!!!! Please bring that to the next game, hitting forecheck gap controll absolutely no time for Sharks to set it up. And Lewis is my kind of guy- all heart no giving up. I love that kind of mentality...who doesn't :laugh:

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
i havent scrolled through this thread yet but i think Greene needs some praise, he looked great last night. He was a ****ing freight train! A full 60min effort for the first time this post season, god it was fantastic to see that. At no point was i frustrated becasue of the lack of effort or stupidity last night night. If we can do this again on Sunday, we'll be waiting for Detroit in the next round

Agreed. Best part was the no penalties against. Played a perfect game.

gtwyc

FlyingHeadButts4All
Jun 5, 2011
los angeles, ca
If Sharks and their staff are dirty and planned to take Stoll out to gain an advantage in this series and I SAID IFthat meaning I don't think they are but if there was a slightest little possibility they were then their next target would be Quick. So I really hope there won't be any ridiculous happenings involving Quick in next game.

Btw; WHAT A GAME!!!!!!!!!! Please bring that to the next game, hitting forecheck gap controll absolutely no time for Sharks to set it up. And Lewis is my kind of guy- all heart no giving up. I love that kind of mentality...who doesn't :laugh:

this! the hunger and determination that him and stoll bring on a game by game basis is amazing... same could be said for quick as well.

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
I don't know if any of you listen to Jay Mohr but he keeps playing Rambo quotes in place of Darryl Sutter's interviews. Awesome.

SLang

Nov 29, 2005
Huntington Beach, CA
I think Matt Greene brings an element that the Kings were missing BIG time. And I'm talking about OFF the ice as much as ON the ice.

I think he rivals easily what Willie Mitchell means to this team.

SC2008

Oct 14, 2006
I think Matt Greene brings an element that the Kings were missing BIG time. And I'm talking about OFF the ice as much as ON the ice.

I think he rivals easily what Willie Mitchell means to this team.

No doubt he does. As a sharks fan, I notice a huge difference with Greene in the lineup--simply can't park in front of Quick anymore. First game this series Kings dominated throughout.

I still feel this series goes 7. Home ice is playing a big part with each team getting the matchups they want. If the Sharks pick up their hitting and scratch galiardi, they'll be fine.

Ron*

From the NHL twitter:

The @LAKings have not allowed more than 3 goals in any of their last 31 playoff games dating to last year, an NHL record. #BecauseItsTheCup

Another NHL record?

:yawn:

^^^ We need a "yawn" emoticon for all the records the Kings have broken the past two seasons.

The Big Giant Head

Mar 27, 2009
So-Cal
Another NHL record?

:yawn:

^^^ We need a "yawn" emoticon for all the records the Kings have broken the past two seasons.

This team is going to go up there with the 91-94' Kings team...maybe even higher with the cup win. I'd go on a limb to say our best team ever...

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA

Awesome...ANd I still don't think they get enough respect. You just get a feeling that even another Cup this year will bring out the 'shortened season' crap.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
The key for the Sharks is the man advantage. If the Kings manage to stay out of the box on Sunday, their chances are good. They also figured out how to beat Thornton on faceoffs, which is to tie his god damned stick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad