GDT: WCSF - Game #3 : Blues host Avs @ 7pm CT | TNT, CBC, SN | Series tied 1-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I still don’t think Kadri’s intent was to injure Binnington, but after watching it this morning from some different angles, he was clearly behind Rosen and initiated the contact. It was still kind to bang bang, but I think that contact should and could have been avoided.

Reactions: Louie the Blue

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Do we know how bad Binny is hurt?
JR reported that it was likely a knee sprain and he would be out for a few weeks but nothing official. and tbh JR is often times full of shit.

I doubt he plays again in this series but he should be back for the cup finals when we make it.

• Haha
Reactions: Mighty Makar

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Dirty play by a dirty player. Husso is more than capable of taking over. We would have won this series with Binny. The players will have to step up now. A little tougher challenge. This should spark the players.

Reactions: egelband

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Kerber posted the full clip on his twitter account and right at the harsh marks Kadri clearly strides so hard and initiates the entire collision with Rosen. The clip from behind the net that some on the main boards are using to justify what he did (Rosen was boxing out and it was actually Calle who pushed Kardi into Binner) are completely misleading and bullshit. I mean a fairly obvious outcome when you see how hard and fast that psycho was coming at the crease. Good hockey play my ass. Loose puck or not, a skater is not entitled to recklessly barrel into the top of the crease with the goaltender trying to establish position. Still livid. Kill that f***
So are all loose pucks in the crease now license to skate into the net full bore?

The standard has been set.

The narrative by the national media was set before the playoffs: the Avs will will it all this year. So the game to game reporting tilts to reinforce that.

Last edited:

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
So are all lose pucks in the crease now license to skate into the net full bore?

The standard has been set.

The narrative by the national media was set before the playoffs: the Avs will will it all this year. So the game to game reporting tilts to reinforce that.
True. They are the leagues darling team. But if they win the West, Tampa or Carolina easily takes them out. Especially since blues are likely to take some more players out of their lineup if the series gets uglier

Reactions: Ridge1982

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Honestly, I think overall it's a clean but unfortunate play. Breaking it down Kadri goes to poke the rebound, collides with/gets cut off by Rosen who knocks the puck away, then they both go into Binnington at full speed with Binningtons outstretched leg/knee caught with Rosen going over top and Kadri sliding into him head on.

View attachment 550342
View attachment 550343
View attachment 550344
View attachment 550345
View attachment 550346

Kadri does have his history of bad hits, but this isn't one of them. Kadri is off balance trying to reach around Rosen, but doesn't shove the defender into Binnington either.

Thanks for the pictures. If you look at it, in the first pic the puck is loose and Rosen is to the left of the pic, Kadri right down the middle even with the puck. Binner is to the right. As the pics move forward Rosen moves in and contacts Kadri to the left breaking off his only escape route if he did want to avoid contact. He would have had to give up on the puck way earlier and moved right to avoid that collision. He was on a line for the puck, and both Rosen and Binnington moved into that line. Kadri stayed on the line, but its his right to go for the puck.

As for the series as a whole, its hysterical that people who were saying Binnington is trash and Husso is the man a month ago are now crying because we may need to rely on Husso now that Binnington is hurt. Fickle as f*** cry babies, this board.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
True. They are the leagues darling team. But if they win the West, Tampa or Carolina easily takes them out. Especially since blues are likely to take some more players out of their lineup if the series gets uglier
The Blues?
Not a chance. Not retaliating is becoming a thing with us.

That said; not a chance they get by Calgary(Baby Walt) or Edmonton(Kassian, Kane) unscathed. If Kadri pulls his BS with them, he will get a stick to the face.

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis

The NHL will look into the allegations that Binnington threw a water bottle at Kadri, sources told Kaplan. The sources said any potential discipline that might be handed out by the NHL is probably not more than a fine.

Well, there it is. Insult added to injury.

Serial bad actor takes out a key player of the opposition (remember Faulk in 2021?), takes no penalty, scores a goal, gets positive interviews by press, his team gets the media stroke job they've gotten all season, and the guy who's having a hell of a series and is now on out of the playoffs with an unnecessary injury throws a water bottle and the NHL comes down on him.

You can't make this shit up.

Last edited:

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Thanks for the pictures. If you look at it, in the first pic the puck is loose and Rosen is to the left of the pic, Kadri right down the middle even with the puck. Binner is to the right. As the pics move forward Rosen moves in and contacts Kadri to the left breaking off his only escape route if he did want to avoid contact. He would have had to give up on the puck way earlier and moved right to avoid that collision. He was on a line for the puck, and both Rosen and Binnington moved into that line. Kadri stayed on the line, but its his right to go for the puck.

As for the series as a whole, its hysterical that people who were saying Binnington is trash and Husso is the man a month ago are now crying because we may need to rely on Husso now that Binnington is hurt. Fickle as f*** cry babies, this board.
Husso is good enough, the issue is the Avs have his number and looks like he has zero confidence in net and the team can feel it.

Our solution this series may come again from Springfield and Chucky. If we end up running Chucky and somehow wind up winning the cup, ‘Springfield Thunderbirds’ needs to be engraved on it.

Reactions: egelband

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Husso is good enough, the issue is the Avs have his number and looks like he has zero confidence in net and the team can feel it.

Our solution this series may come again from Springfield and Chucky. If we end up winning the cup somehow, ‘Springfield Thunderbirds’ needs to be engraved on it.
I'd love to see Chucky.

Sadly, if Husso can't get the job done (game 4), it might be too late to bring in Chucky.

My worry is that lines 2 through 4 are basically passengers. Goaltending aside, we can't win with just ROR and DP doing all the heavy lifting.

Reactions: GoldenSeal

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
If we had any other coach, I’d write us off. We got Chief and he has the cojones to do what others won’t expect and get the job done.

Have you ever seen a goalie pulled after one goal?

If the Avs get 3 in the first 5 minutes you might see them pull Husso, but by then it's pretty much game over.
Chucky awakens firepower. Team will starts firing on all cylinders and it’s be 5-3 or something crazy. Chucky’s attitude empowers a locker room. We desperately need that right now.

Last edited:

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
If we had any other coach, I’d write us off. We got Chief and he has the cojones to do what others won’t expect and get the job done.

Chucky awakens firepower. Team will starts firing on all gears and it’s be 5-3 or something crazy. Chucky’s attitude empowers a locker room. We desperately need that right now.
Chucky McJesus?

Reactions: GoldenSeal

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn

The NHL will look into the allegations that Binnington threw a water bottle at Kadri, sources told Kaplan. The sources said any potential discipline that might be handed out by the NHL is probably not more than a fine.

Well, there it is. Insult added to injury.

Serial bad actor takes out a key player of the opposition (remember Faulk in 2021?), takes no penalty, scores a goal, gets positive interviews by press, his team gets the media stroke job they've gotten all season, and the guy who's having a hell of a series and is now on out of the playoffs with an unnecessary injury throws a water bottle and the NHL comes down on him.

You can't make this shit up.

It’s exactly what I expect from the NHL.

Every fan with any amount of experience knows the NHL is a bush league. The rule book is a farce. The rules are never enforced in any game. There’s slashing, hooking, cross checking, holding, interference, and other infractions all game long.

The refs literally only call penalties when they feel like it. It’s always been this way. The NHL executives literally thought putting more refs on the ice would somehow help. There was no change in enforcement of the rules. The only thing it accomplished was more opportunities for the refs to get in the way of the game.

The league decided to implement a form of challenges with the help of instant replay. You know one result this actually had? The league, which has been around since 1917, had to redefine what offsides is.

Did you get that? The NHL is 105 years old. They still can’t figure out what offsides is. That’s how sadly mismanaged this league is.

The game of hockey is amazing. The league responsible for the best players in the world is incompetent and will probably remain so for a long time.

The Blues won the Cup. If they lose this series it was expected. If they lose without taking Kadri’s head off they’re all p***yes.

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
This photo looks like Kadri caused the hit. Rosen is out of the contact

Screen Shot 2022-05-22 at 4.38.39 PM.png

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
I'd like to take a moment and apologize to this group.

I posted some things that were aggressive due to the Kadri/Binny hit that set me off and made me angry at a time I should have had a beer and been AFK but of course, that doesn't always happen that way.

Still, I'd like to own up to it. I feel you all deserve better than that, as well as the Avs fans who not all are like the ones you describe. This isn't for them, it's for the others. We're fans and passion sadly runs both ways, positive and negative.

I'll work on being better and appreciate getting called out for it.

Saying THAT... taking Binny out might be the worse thing they could have done. We thrive on this sort of thing. The handpass goal with the Sharks in '19 was their undoing. We came hard and we destroyed. They might have just woken up our passengers. I expect Chief to put in Chucky and I expect the team to rally behind him.

This is far from over.

In The Note I Trust.

This photo looks like Kadri caused the hit. Rosen is out of the contact

View attachment 550545
Chief should print this image out and hang it in the locker room for inspiration.

Win this series for Binny.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad