Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Nervous about Rinne standing on his head and about how Nashville completely shut down the Jets last game in Winnipeg.

Reactions: thegr8one66

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
No interest in a 7th game in Nashville. Jets have to amp up the pressure on their D. Block their set zone entries, and make them flip the puck out to the neutral zone, more often. Jets did some of that last game and got more zone entries with space and time, so the speed/skill can take over.

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
21 hours to puck drop. I'm hoping Winnipeg can score first and force the New Jersey De--Nashville Predators out of their tra--defensive style.

I really believe in my heart that the Jets will win this one, but the Predators winning and then pulling off a game 7 heartbreaker isn't that hard to imagine. GO JETS.

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
The Jets will win this game handily. Winnipeg fans are feigning nervousness for some reason.

Winnipeg is 1-0 in elimination games. They aren't a joke team like the Boston Bruins, who were 1-2 in elimination games (vs Toronto.)

Nashville is 1-1 in elimination games, and that is how they will finish this post-season.

Last edited:

ItchyScratchy77

Jul 1, 2016
Winnipeg
I predict a dominating Jets performance. Everyone, save for Kuli is healthy. Most complete team we’ve had, probably the entire season. Couldn’t come at a better time. I feel the Jets have been luke warm, with chunks of brilliance. A few guys have been carrying the scoring load, but that’s all coming together right now. It seems their motor has just gotten warmed up. And if Helle can continue to have, maybe one out four meh games and the others he stands on his head, like he’s done thus far?! I’ll take that. I set myself up with one round win to be a success. So regardless, I won’t be overly disappointed, should our ride end in this series. Or the next. Or the next ;)

Reactions: Jack722

hockeyfan2k18

Feb 11, 2018
I’m very nervous about tomorrow. Anybody that says either team has this in the bag is delusional. So much talent going both ways. Honestly no outcome to this series would surprise me. As cliche as it sounds I honestly think tomorrow comes down to who scores first.

If it’s the Preds they will stand on the damn blue line and it will be painful to watch (as a Jet or fan of neither team). It’s so boring but the Preds are so good at it and will pounce on any mistakes. Jets will be in tough. Given the Preds don’t hit Wheeler in the head. ;)

If the Jets score first and play their fast game, the Preds won’t be able to go into lockdown. And well, we’ve seen how things go when the Jets play their fast game. Preds won’t be able to keep up. Crowd will bonkers and things could get out of hand quick. I’m hoping for this outcome.

Wildcard: Goalies. Neither has been amazing this series. But either guy could easily steal a game.

Goaltending: Hellebuck is the more consistent goalie. Rinne gets rattled too easily and is all over the place. I'd always take the steady goalie.

Officiating: I expect it to be in the Jets favor

Forwards: Jets have too much firepower. Preds get their firepower from the back end. Josi and Ellis have not played well. They need to make up for what nahsville lacks at forward. Nashville's 2nd line has unerperformed. No contest.

D: Jets D has the edge here.

Jets win 4-2

MrvJets

Apr 23, 2018
I’m very nervous about tomorrow. Anybody that says either team has this in the bag is delusional. So much talent going both ways. Honestly no outcome to this series would surprise me. As cliche as it sounds I honestly think tomorrow comes down to who scores first.

If it’s the Preds they will stand on the damn blue line and it will be painful to watch (as a Jet or fan of neither team). It’s so boring but the Preds are so good at it and will pounce on any mistakes. Jets will be in tough. Given the Preds don’t hit Wheeler in the head. ;)

If the Jets score first and play their fast game, the Preds won’t be able to go into lockdown. And well, we’ve seen how things go when the Jets play their fast game. Preds won’t be able to keep up. Crowd will bonkers and things could get out of hand quick. I’m hoping for this outcome.

Wildcard: Goalies. Neither has been amazing this series. But either guy could easily steal a game.

Jets will be ready for the trap this time. Dump the puck in softly and chase like hell. Slamming that D into the boards often. Wearing them down with 4 lines now.

Poxsonus

Jan 24, 2016
Saskatchewan
That is the pic fans were freaking out over. We have lake sturgeon in Manitoba, no where near as big as those whites.

I thought sturgeon on the Winnipeg River have grown larger than 6 feet, historically? One of my friends did some extensive historical work on the sturgeon fishery in that area (and down the Rainy River) and I seem to recall there were lots of massive old beasts in the fur trade days. I still remember tales of sturgeon as big as a canoe from my old days on Lake of the Woods.

Reactions: snowkiddin

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Mark Schiefele wasn't talk abou that much this year due to injury but he is still a point a game player who plays 200 foot game.

He has 9 goals in 10 games.
Amazing!!!!!!

Carry the Jets to the promise land Mark!
Cement yourself as legit top 5 C in the league.

Go Jets Go.

Buff put someone in the highlights with a thunderous hit!

Ehlers your turn to break out boy!

Copp Lowry Tanev shut it down....

Go jets Go

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Nervous about Rinne standing on his head and about how Nashville completely shut down the Jets last game in Winnipeg.

they just need to bring the intensity in the first period. try to play some clean hockey and get a hold the puck before they start chuckin at each other

if you ever notice that early on they throw passes at each other before ether even have ant control and end up losing the puck

they need to set the pace and cleanly. preds are ahead when it gets sloppy

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Go Jets Go

I don't think you will have 3 bad first period in a row at home.

I'm positive that it won't happen but don't let up the whole game.

No penalties if there is, no passive PK.

Nov 24, 2006
I thought sturgeon on the Winnipeg River have grown larger than 6 feet, historically? One of my friends did some extensive historical work on the sturgeon fishery in that area (and down the Rainy River) and I seem to recall there were lots of massive old beasts in the fur trade days. I still remember tales of sturgeon as big as a canoe from my old days on Lake of the Woods.

They do. I know a guy that caught a near 6’ sturgeon about 10 years ago.

Reactions: Poxsonus

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Most people are disrespecting the Predators and PK right now. He has a real knack for forcing game 7s and coming up big in elimination games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad