Series Talk: WCQF: Winnipeg Jets Vs. Colorado Avalanche (COL lead 3-1)

What's your prediction for the series result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Helleybuck Vs. Georgiev....

That has to be one of the most loopsided Goalie-duel i have probably ever witnessed.. Loopsided in favor of the Jets of course.....:rolleyes:

And that will be the story of this series. Unless Bednar finally gives the net to Anunnen. Maybe Justus can give his team at least a chance to win games.

In the first 2 periods yesterday we saw glimpses of that Avalanche-Hockey this team can play. And then the inevitable happened again. This team and D hast lost all faith in their starting-goalie and find themselves in a downward spiral that doesnt stop. Combine that with stupid plays (like Manson yesterday) and you have a receipt for disaster.

And all that just one week before the playoffs with only one game to go until then.

There is only one bullet left:
Give the net to Anunnen and hope/pray for the best. The team seems to play better in front of the rookie. Will it be enough to beat the Jets, who owned us all season? I dont know. Honestly? I just dont see it at the moment.

Two teams on different sides of the table: The Jets are coming in hot and ready to roll. The AVS look like a dead fish atm. At least with Georgiev in net. Maybe they can get their shit together knowing the net is now in hand of Anunnen....

At this point the Jets are favorites to win this series. Simple as that.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I'll be bold, Jets in 4.

For a month now Avs have not been playing good hockey.
- sometimes theyve gotten results, sometimes not

- goaltending issue
- 5 v 5 defending issue
- their game is too much on MacKinnon-Rantanen-Makar

last month,
50 goals for (3.33 per game)
47 goals against (3.20 per game)

Just +3 (+45 this season)

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
It's not only Georgiev is bad, it's also his coach knows he's bad, his teammates know he's bad. And he knows he's bad.

I hope they can flip some magic playoff confidence switch but I don't think that's very likely.

Our best energy wingers (Nichushkin and Lehkonen) haven't looked the same since their extended absences.

We don't have anyone besides Manson that can clear the net. Vilardi is going to enjoy that.

I will still have fun watching this one but won't be surprised if Avs are sent home in round 1.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Hele has the potential to steal any series but without him doing that the Jets will lose in 5
The chances that Hele loses all his confidence and forget how to goalie is slim to none. End of story.

Goaltending very much will decide this series. Pick your winner:

Probably the best goalie in the NHL atm, or a barn door running on emergency power......

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
The chances that Hele loses all his confidence and forget how to goalie is slim to none. End of story.

Probably the best goalie in the NHL atm, or a barn door running on emergency power......
He’s the best goalie in the world and the Oilers know what it’s like to dominate a series and somehow get swept at the same time because of it. That said, the Avs are a playoff proven team and I also think if we had a rematch with them it’d be different this around. Goaltending is voodoo and impossible to predict.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
I think this series will be closer and more hard fought than people think.

Colorado will need to keep the games low scoring - the jets basically DON’T lose if they score 3 or more goals. Keeping it to 2 or less for the Avs def wil be key.

We will never see the Avs team that showed up in the 7-0 bloodbath - that’s for sure. However, if we see the same Georgiev that will be problematic for the Avs.

I was optimistic/homer and went Jet’s in 5. Realistically I think either team can take this. It will likely go 6 games at least.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
If Georgiev keeps up with Hellebuyck save for save, this will be very good and likely go the distance. If Georgiev craps the bed then this will be Jets in 5.

Georgiev needs to play like the goalie that got him to the All Star game this year. He's been garbage since the All Star game though.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
Everyone who is posting that Hellebuyck will be the difference maker is basing their position on Helle's regular season performance. Unfortunately his post-season record is a little more average and borders on the bipolar:

1713190057969.png

Career post season Sv% of .916 and GAA of 2.58. It's the reason I've been wanting Bones to run Brossoit a lot more as the season wrapped up. He's been terrific this season and I figure Helle could have used some rest time.

I'm still thinking the Jets take this but I'm not putting my life savings on it.

m.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Mackinnon is the best player in the league and scares the shit out of me every time he has the puck. He can win a couple of games all by himself so i say Jets in 6 . One thing about this Jets team is the depth that they have, if they play like they can this team is 4 lines deep. Going to be a fun series and it sucks that one of these 2 teams will be out in the 1st round.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Avs in 6. The goalie situation is not looking good but they have managed to win games with mediocre goalies many times before and their top end talent is better than Winnipeg's and generally plays well in the playoffs

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Everyone who is posting that Hellebuyck will be the difference maker is basing their position on Helle's regular season performance. Unfortunately his post-season record is a little more average and borders on the bipolar:

View attachment 852061

Career post season Sv% of .916 and GAA of 2.58. It's the reason I've been wanting Bones to run Brossoit a lot more as the season wrapped up. He's been terrific this season and I figure Helle could have used some rest time.

I'm still thinking the Jets take this but I'm not putting my life savings on it.

m.

People need to be reminded that Hellebuyck hasn't been that great the last 3 playoffs for Winnipeg. His numbers in the playoffs have been above average for a goalie of his calibre. And with his new contract comes new expectations this year. He needs to step up to the plate and put on a Vasilevski level performance.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015

Would only add that, while I'm not predicting a winner, the Jets don't only have the league's best keeper in Helle, but perhaps also the best backup in Brossoit, whose numbers are absolutely stellar. That's a tough two hills to climb if the Jets can stay healthy and scoring, and manage solid D under the exhausting conditions the Bowness system requires.

Could go either way, should be a great series either way.

TheDeuce

Feb 22, 2009
Would only add that, while I'm not predicting a winner, the Jets don't only have the league's best keeper in Helle, but perhaps also the best backup in Brossoit, whose numbers are absolutely stellar. That's a tough two hills to climb if the Jets can stay healthy and scoring, and manage solid D under the exhausting conditions the Bowness system requires.

Could go either way, should be a great series either way.
Yup, Brossiot has a .928 Sv% and 2.00 GAA this season (in admittedly sheltered play). Both good for #1 in the NHL for goalies who have played more than 20 games. Helle's sixth in GAA, third in Sv%.

m.

TheDeuce

Feb 22, 2009
People need to be reminded that Hellebuyck hasn't been that great the last 3 playoffs for Winnipeg. His numbers in the playoffs have been above average for a goalie of his calibre. And with his new contract comes new expectations this year. He needs to step up to the plate and put on a Vasilevski level performance.

Did you mean below average?

m.

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
It depends on which Jets team shows up.. If it's the one that plays to the system and cycles the puck in the offensive zone, then I think beating the AVs in 6 or 7 is possible.
On the other hand, if 55 goes out for what would feel like the 10th straight playoffs, and/or if the Jets revert back to old habits, then I think the AVs take it in short order.

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
If Georgiev keeps up with Hellebuyck save for save, this will be very good and likely go the distance. If Georgiev craps the bed then this will be Jets in 5.

Georgiev needs to play like the goalie that got him to the All Star game this year. He's been garbage since the All Star game though.
Nah, he didn’t deserve to be at the all star game in the slightest. He’s had a couple small stretches of good play but by and large he’s been the same all season. The team was just playing better in front of him. There was no way his inclusion to the all star game was based on his play.

I’ll never count the Avs out, this group has shown they can overcome big obstacles and Mackinnon/rantanen have proven playoff prowess. The team needs to get out of its own head and they can overcome the goalie situation. It remains to be seen if they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad