Series Talk: WCQF: Winnipeg Jets Vs. Colorado Avalanche (COL lead 3-1)

What's your prediction for the series result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
There's not much to get me off my Avs position for this. Certainly not a Jets team that will essentially rely on Hellebuyck for success.

I only hope the recent embarrassing losses (to the Jets and Vegas) can get me a better market price on the Avs series line.

Reactions: Summer Rose

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Possible.

The one thing I’ll add tho, Brossoit as Helle's backup has been fantastic. Not sure about the Avs #2.

Brossait is one of the better backups, he can fill in here and there when needed. I think the Avs should consider going to Annunen if Georgiev struggles early. Have Georgiev on a short leash. They are in win now mode. They can't be wasting their year with trash goaltending. Not with MacKinnon having the year that he's currently having.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I'm not putting a lot of stock into the games played between the two teams this year as an indicator on how the series will go.

The Avs have some high end firepower, so if guys like Mack and Makar are really going that can go a long way. The Jets have also had some recent playoff no shows by the team as well.

From the Jets side, IMO they'll need to continue to get contributions from all 4 lines and what would really help the team is if they could somehow improve the terrible special teams play. Especially the PK.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Damn... the Avs were my team when the Jets left. This is going to hit me hard.

But I'll say Jets in four. Unless Colorado is keeping themselves grounded for the playoffs. But Goaltending says why I don't think Colorado goes past the first round. We totally have the edge on the goaltending.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
The Jets must have attracted some betting money. The +124 Fanduel was paying is down to +116. Avs are up to -142.
1713215857372.png

Keep that Jets money coming. I want a nicer price on the Avs series line.

nightonthesun

Sep 8, 2013
New Jersey
Winnipeg will win here. Don’t like the mittlestat trade. Winnipeg’s deeper forwards and goaltending will be the difference.
Baffling to point to the trade. The goaltending and defense were bad before he left and stayed bad after. And Middlestadt while not in shape yet is still a step up from johansen

lol @ everyone writing off the Avs, a team who has Makar, MacKinnon and Rantanen. You won't find a playoff team that has a better trio of gamebreakers than Colorados.
Let’s see which Avs show up. What’s the worst that could happen- they play well and I was wrong on the internet?

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
There's no guarantee that hellebuyck will outperform Georgiev.

If they both disappoint in net, this will be a high scoring series with terrible goaltending at both ends.

Jets are #1 in goals allowed. Jets have let in 60 fewer goals than the avalanche. Jets games aren't high scoring. You need to stay married to the facts. It is virtually guaranteed that jellybuck will out perform boy george.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Baffling to point to the trade. The goaltending and defense were bad before he left and stayed bad after. And Middlestadt while not in shape yet is still a step up from johansen

Let’s see which Avs show up. What’s the worst that could happen- they play well and I was wrong on the internet?

MacKinnon, Makar and Rantanen always bring their A game in the playoffs. The question is, will their secondary scoring provide them with enough support. That's their biggest weakness, their depth.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Jets are #1 in goals allowed. Jets have let in 60 fewer goals than the avalanche. Jets games aren't high scoring. You need to stay married to the facts. It is virtually guaranteed that jellybuck will out perform boy george.

Best defensive team in the NHL in GA vs the 2nd best player in the NHL and possibly the Hart trophy winner this year. It will be fun to watch.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
lol @ everyone writing off the Avs, a team who has Makar, MacKinnon and Rantanen. You won't find a playoff team that has a better trio of gamebreakers than Colorados.
Backstrom Ovechkin Carlson with bad goaltending and no structured defense is all the proof you need.

That being said I DON’T see anyone writing them off or dismissing them. In fact the opposite - they could win because of those players despite terrible goaltending and subpar defense.

Threads been quite complimentary to those players. Weird you’re so upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad