Series Talk: WCQF: Winnipeg Jets Vs. Colorado Avalanche (COL lead 3-1)

What's your prediction for the series result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

insomniaddict

Jan 9, 2020
Finland
Already said this in the Avs section but I'll still repeat myself: Bednar better have the balls to start Annunen over ice-cold 'Fourgiev' in the playoffs or the Jets are gonna eat the Avs alive. I don't care if you have one of the best offensive powerhouses, gotta have at least decent goaltending to stand any chance vs Jets (and Hellebyuck).

DarrylshutzSydor

Aug 9, 2007
California
Rick bowness system is proven in Dallas when he took them to the cup final.

Ricks system is a stingy, tight defensive game that slows teams down in the neutral zone and doesn't allow the opposition to gain any speed.

And the avs transition game pretty much is based on speed
Rick Bowness is a career loserr though, all the way back to wghen we watched him coach the Bruins.

Reactions: Summer Rose

PajamaBoy

Sponsor
Sep 16, 2020
Lol I know it ain't all avs fan but you can't be this wimpy before the series starts. Don't you have the heir to Bobby Orr on your team? If MacKinnon and Makar can't carry an out of form goalie one series maybe they ain't as great as y'all made it seem.

Seems like your only confident front running when your running through every team without resistance. Weak

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
Lol I know it ain't all avs fan but you can't be this wimpy before the series starts. Don't you have the heir to Bobby Orr on your team? If MacKinnon and Makar can't carry an out of form goalie one series maybe they ain't as great as y'all made it seem.

Seems like your only confident front running when your running through every team without resistance. Weak
Go back to bed pajamaboy, it’s past your bedtime! And Makar isn’t the “heir apparent” but the “heir absolute”. Quinn stands no chance for the Norris!!!!

In all seriousness though, they did carry the goalie once already in 2022. This year the team is different, less confident. The ability is there but we’ll have to wait and see if they can figure it out in their head.

PajamaBoy

Sponsor
Sep 16, 2020
Go back to bed pajamaboy, it’s past your bedtime! And Makar isn’t the “heir apparent” but the “heir absolute”. Quinn stands no chance for the Norris!!!!

In all seriousness though, they did carry the goalie once already in 2022. This year the team is different, less confident. The ability is there but we’ll have to wait and see if they can figure it out in their head.
If they them then they should be carrying this team vs career nobody's.

Reactions: Summer Rose

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
W

We're never confident.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Rick Bowness is a career loserr though, all the way back to wghen we watched him coach the Bruins.

I think that's a bit harsh. I wouldn't call Bowness a career loser. He's the longest serving coach in the NHL right now. His system has been proven, tested and has had success on two different teams as of late. His system is made for playoff hockey.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Already said this in the Avs section but I'll still repeat myself: Bednar better have the balls to start Annunen over ice-cold 'Fourgiev' in the playoffs or the Jets are gonna eat the Avs alive. I don't care if you have one of the best offensive powerhouses, gotta have at least decent goaltending to stand any chance vs Jets (and Hellebyuck).
Annunen was worse against the Jets than Georgiev.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Had the Avs coming out of the West, but that’s only if they can keep the puck out of their net. Not convinced that will change suddenly.

With that said, I surmise they can outscore their issues. Can they against one of the stingiest teams in the league?

I’ll go with Avs in 7; though they aren’t going to steam roll through the west like I had imagined a few weeks ago.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Man the Avs truly look lost right now. They seem to have a case of the yips, they can’t stabilize off of bad bounces, they give up high danger opportunities and it seems like they struggle to play with a lead. Mix in a very lackluster penalty kill and I think the Jets could be eyeing up a sweep, possibly five games if one of MacKinnon or Makar can to god mode.

Annunen was worse against the Jets than Georgiev.

I agree, but I find the team plays better in front of Annunen. I think Georigev gets blown out in a game and that will be Annunen’s opportunity to run with it.

Last edited:

Avs44

May 16, 2011

What absurd logic. It takes a good team to win in the playoffs -- especially if going up against a quality club like the Jets. A bad goalie can 100% sink an otherwise quality roster and Georgiev is shit. Everything Rangers fans warned us about with this guy is true. The core guys on this team have more than proven that they can lead a club to a cup even with just average goaltending in Kuemper (something some teams' cores and all-time greats have never actually accomplished, of course). The team failing in the first round this year if Georgiev is hot garbage wouldn't be any sort of indictment on their careers or personal quality.

Same logic goes for the likes of McDavid. Yeah, he's still the clear best player in the sport of this generation. The Avs sweeping his team out of the freaking conference finals two seasons ago doesn't change that and never will.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Going Jets in 6. Avs are the better team, but the Jets are playing better as of late, overtaking them in the standings after Colorado appeared to be battling Dallas for 1st more than Winnipeg for 2nd. And of course what else needs to be said about the Jets goaltending advantage?
It’s only an advantage for the Jets if the Avs put Georgiev in net. If they keep the net empty, its advantage Avs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad