Series Talk: WCQF: Winnipeg Jets Vs. Colorado Avalanche (COL lead 3-1)

What's your prediction for the series result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
If the Jets play Bones' system to the letter then this series goes to Winnipeg. The Achilles heal to that system is if players lose focus of the details and are not quick on their defensive assignments. It becomes a runaway train of compounding mistakes and that will be a fairly easy Avs series win.

Reactions: Summer Rose

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
Curious to see if Jets fans can fill the barn. Attendance has been brutal this season in Winnipeg. They’ve struggled to sellout playoff games in the past.
Every past playoff game sold out. Game one for this up coming series is already sold out, save for resale and a handful of singles. STH presale for the rest of the games pretty much sold out before they go on sale to the general public.

I trust your curiosity has been sated.

m.

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
Curious to see if Jets fans can fill the barn. Attendance has been brutal this season in Winnipeg. They’ve struggled to sellout playoff games in the past.
this is a BS nothing burger of a narrative.

at worst in the middle of a warm lovely fall, with the Bombers eating up the Winnipeg fan base, they had 85% capacity. with some of the highest ticket prices in the league the absolute last row nosebleeds are $75.a game reg season.......since christmas Capacity has been 95% with sell outs down the stretch.

I went to a thursday night game that was sold out. a buddy couldn't get tickets last month to a Tuesday game...

they have the smallest barn so fans who don't know anything look at Capacity % a bunch of the league would kill for and dismiss them as horrible attendance.

Jetcetera

Jan 19, 2015
Manitoba
this is a BS nothing burger of a narrative.

at worst in the middle of a warm lovely fall, with the Bombers eating up the Winnipeg fan base, they had 85% capacity. with some of the highest ticket prices in the league the absolute last row nosebleeds are $75.a game reg season.......since christmas Capacity has been 95% with sell outs down the stretch.

I went to a thursday night game that was sold out. a buddy couldn't get tickets last month to a Tuesday game...

they have the smallest barn so fans who don't know anything look at Capacity % a bunch of the league would kill for and dismiss them as horrible attendance.
Do people just forget that the metro population here is like 850k? That's a little over half the next smallest metro. Every other NHL city has tons of smaller cities and towns within 20 mins. Winnipeg is a city in the middle of nowhere.

Deno

Nov 9, 2022
Hopefully that 7-0 loss awakened Playoff MacKinnon.
As a Jet fan this is what I am afraid of.
Did that 7-0 beat down of the Avs wake up a sleeping giant?
That said, of all the PO teams in the west the Jets seems to match up best against the Avs.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
Jets are 25-11-3 at home and 25-13-3 on the road.. nearly identical
Avs are 30-9-1 at home and 19-16-6 on the road

seems to me that when the Avs control the matchups they have great success... not so much when they don't (completely ignoring the 7-0 blowout obv)

if the Jets can lock down home ice with a point in the last 2 games I'd say theyre a good bet to take the series.

Deno

Nov 9, 2022
I picked the Jets in 5.
But what do I know?

TBH I think for the Jets winning the series it will all comes down to Mark Scheifele. If Scheif decides to play a strong 2 way game and work just as hard in the Jets end as the Avs the Jets win in 5 or 6 games. If on the other hand Scheif decides to try to outscore MacK and cheat defensive play for offence then I am sure the Avs will win in 5 or 6 games.

Deno

Nov 9, 2022
Hele has the potential to steal any series but without him doing that the Jets will lose in 5
Helle does not need to be outstanding for the Jets to win, he just has to play consistently. There is a reason the Jets have the lowest GAs in the league and is not just because of Helle. When the Jets play Bowness systems to a tee their team defence is the best in the league. Out of Helle's 5 SOs this season he was not even one of the 3 stars of the game in 2 of them because he faced so little shots and good scoring changes against. The Jets team defence just smothered their opponent.
If the Jets play Bowness systems like they did in their last two games against the Stars and Avs (out scored them 10 to 0) they can beat any team in the league in a 7 game series.

Reactions: GreatSaveEssensa

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
As a Jet fan this is what I am afraid of.
Did that 7-0 beat down of the Avs wake up a sleeping giant?
That said, of all the PO teams in the west the Jets seems to match up best against the Avs.
Didn't seem like it as the very next day Colorado blew a 3-0 3rd period lead only to lose 4-3 in OT.

Reactions: Deno

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba

seems to me that when the Avs control the matchups they have great success... not so much when they don't (completely ignoring the 7-0 blowout obv)

if the Jets can lock down home ice with a point in the last 2 games I'd say theyre a good bet to take the series.
That home/ road win, loss record is more a testament to team depth. And Winnipeg has that in spades.

Its hard for the other coaches to match lines and shutdown the top guys from Winnipeg as almost any line can burn you.

Where as Colorado relies on one line to do most of their scoring (and its one of the leagues best at it). Thats why their home record is so much better. Bednar can put out the big dogs vs the other teams 3rd and 4th lines. On the road he isn't able to do that, and the top line is shutdown a lot more.

If the Jets can get home ice and if Hellebuyck can play like everyone knows he can, I say the Jets in 6.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
Jets weren’t even selling out playoff games pre Covid. Didn’t sell out WCF game in 2018.

SOURCE: Winnipeg WCF games aren't selling out

How your “Source” hfb thread got locked. Lol.

IMG_0003.jpeg

TheDeuce

Feb 22, 2009
Jets weren’t even selling out playoff games pre Covid. Didn’t sell out WCF game in 2018.

SOURCE: Winnipeg WCF games aren't selling out
Sigh. Resale tickets don't count. Singles don't count for much.

I emailed my STH rep about getting some more tickets for the first round. He said there are around 4-6 seats available for each game. All singles. If anyone wants to join the fun they'll have to pay resale prices.

m.

Reactions: Buffdog

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I think this will be a close series…. I’ll go aves in 7.

Mack scores game winner in ot

TheDeuce

Feb 22, 2009
How your “Source” hfb thread got locked. Lol.

View attachment 852990
LOL, good find. I didn't take the time to read the whole thread or get all the facts (although I was apparently an active poster in said thread before it was locked). Turns out all those 'unsold seats' were indeed sold.

To paraphrase Ben Shapiro: Facts don't care about the narrative.

Now, since I've confirmed that the Jets have effectively sold out the entire first round, let's talk hockey! If the Jets beat Seattle tonight (or get a single point) they'll have home ice advantage locked up, making for an anti-climactic game against Vancouver. I'm happy with an anti-climactic game against the Canucks - kind of like the last game of the regular season in 2018 against the Blackhawks when all the players had "Broncos" on their namebars.

Any objections?

m.

m.

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010

Where as Colorado relies on one line to do most of their scoring (and its one of the leagues best at it). Thats why their home record is so much better. Bednar can put out the big dogs vs the other teams 3rd and 4th lines. On the road he isn't able to do that, and the top line is shutdown a lot more.

soooo... what you're saying is basically when the Avs control the matchups they have great success and not so much when they don't :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad