WCQF/PDSF: (P2) San Jose Sharks vs. (P3) Vegas Golden Knights | Series Tied 3-3

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

FastEddie

Feb 22, 2019
Just stopping into this thread to mention aren't the audio levels awfully out of whack for this series? I think we're all getting the same broadcast, NBC's, unless you're in those markets. Usually I want the on-the-ice and crowd noise louder(which NBC tends to be bad at) but in this series I can barely hear what the commentators are saying.

FastEddie

Feb 22, 2019
That tripping penalty on Karlsson was atrocious. Could have turned the game and decided the series.

Atrocious!

You're right. I thought it was an egregious penalty for Karlsson to take because of the way his stick moves around so much. Looked like a can opener, but you're absolutely right. His stick doesn't come anywhere near. The guy tripped on Karlsson's skates.

Reactions: Sandisfan

DOCHockeyGuy

Jan 8, 2019
Wisconsin
He's a pretty good hockey journalist, but his hockey analysis is appalling. Frankly he's a bit of a running joke on the VGK board. When he makes a good analysis we frame it and put it on the wall. I don't hate the guy, and I think he has potential, but man most of his takes right now are garbage. There was a point, he was repeatedly going on about how our PP was just unlucky.... nope it was just plain awful. No Movement and very predictable.
That's fair. It's also unfair of me to judge all of those that follow VGK and cheer against them because of him but here we are.

DOCHockeyGuy

Jan 8, 2019
Wisconsin
Well he had a few correct takes tonight

But he's also said **** like "The Knights should just pull Fleury on this powerplay" (when the Knights were down by two with fifteen minutes to go in the third period, were playing even more poorly than they did tonight, and the powerplay was pretty much unable to sustain zone time)
"Make no mistake, William Karlsson is a superstar and the best defensive forward in the league" (his griping when Karlsson wasn't nominated for the Selke, he used +/- as his main argument)
"Marc Andre Fleury is the best goaltender in the NHL" (several times and it drives me up a ****ing wall).

Trust him for news and post/pre game quotes. Take analysis with a planet sized grain of salt. What grinds my gears about him is he's pretty much the de-facto beat writer for the Knights given his work ethic even though he's not officially affiliated with the team. And as such newer fans take everything he says as gospel. It gives me full body cringe attacks when he says something stupid on Twitter and people respond with "good point, Ken!" or "I was just thinking that!" YOU SHOULDN'T BE THINKING THAT CAUSE IT'S ****ING WRONG

Jesus, how did I miss that gem. Like it's been said. SinBin is a great reporter but a terrible analyst. I hope with time he learns more about the game and extends his knowledge sphere beyond the VGK to give perspective to some of his opinions. I just hope newer VGK fans can learn about the game faster and recognize when he's wrong.

It wasn't easy to see. He was tweeting about how Schmidt was the best defensemen left in the playoffs during the conference finals, someone asked him if he was better than Hedman and he doubled down

AaronDellForPrez

RF Modulator
Dec 29, 2009
New Zealand, South Island
Jones hasn't allowed a 5 on 5 goal in almost 74 minutes of play. And just one in the last 100 minutes.
Fleury has allowed 4 in that time span.

I think Jones can pull out a win in Vegas.

If it goes 7, Sharks take it, imho

Seven0two

Apr 17, 2018
Jones hasn't allowed a 5 on 5 goal in almost 74 minutes of play. And just one in the last 100 minutes.
Fleury has allowed 4 in that time span.

I think Jones can pull out a win in Vegas.

If it goes 7, Sharks take it, imho

60:47 seconds of 5 on 5 play. Shea Theodore scored at the end of the first period of game 4 and Jones was pulled at intermission. It doesn't change your point though, he was fantastic tonight.

As for whether or not he can pull out a win in Vegas the answer is definitely yes. Confidence can go a long way and he does have a win at T Mobile this year in a game where Vegas seemed to be the better team for most of it.

On a different topic, this was a matchup that people had expected would be very close, and while we're going into the 6th game with the possibility of a 7th I'm struck by how decisive each win has been. Scoring first is always beneficial, but I'm floored about the fact that there hasn't been a single lead change thus far in this series.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
60:47 seconds of 5 on 5 play. Shea Theodore scored at the end of the first period of game 4 and Jones was pulled at intermission. It doesn't change your point though, he was fantastic tonight.

As for whether or not he can pull out a win in Vegas the answer is definitely yes. Confidence can go a long way and he does have a win at T Mobile this year in a game where Vegas seemed to be the better team for most of it.

On a different topic, this was a matchup that people had expected would be very close, and while we're going into the 6th game with the possibility of a 7th I'm struck by how decisive each win has been. Scoring first is always beneficial, but I'm floored about the fact that there hasn't been a single lead change thus far in this series.

Well there should have been a lead change in game 2. But vegas is lucky they paid the league good enough to make sure the refs help them win wins.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Well there should have been a lead change in game 2. But vegas is lucky they paid the league good enough to make sure the refs help them win wins.
Sharks fans before series: "Oh god I hope Vegas fans don't complain about refs like they always do"

Sharks fans during series: "WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL! THE REFS ARE PAID! ABOMINATION! I DON'T CARE IF THEY CALL MORE PENALTIES ON VEGAS, THEY'RE PAID! PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAID!"

Reactions: Waterbuf

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
I certainly don't like the emerging meme that the NHL is doing what Daddy Gerard is saying. But I also don't like the frequency with which he's barking at the refs. He didn't do this last year, and at some point he's gonna start to build a reputation that can work against us.
Hard to argue with the meme considering he spent an entire commercial break barking at the refs because he thought they f***ed up an offsides. What happens after commercial break? Oh Karlsson gets called for a phantom trip that leads to a goal.

He's a piece of trash. f***ing tomato

Reactions: goflyakite

Saskatoon

Aug 24, 2006
Saskatoon
The first Hertl goal was a fantastic shot so I won't blame that on Fleury, even though he makes that save when he's on. The second goal was actually a nice save on Sorenson but he had no idea where it was and actually opened it up for Couture to knock in. The third goal itself was almost impossible to stop on that redirect but it was his shaky handling of the puck behind the net that allowed that play to happen.

It was a good shot but looked like Fleury was off angle and cheating to short side to me

Reactions: Seven0two

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Good win for the Sharks last night, I think Game 6 will decide this series.

Winning three straight vs VGK will be a tough task but if Jones can repeat last nights performance going forward then we have a shot

wraith985

Jan 8, 2006
I always thought Vegas in 6 or Sharks in 7. Not exactly a fan of how we got here but I think this will end up being correct. I just pray it's the latter and not the former.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Sharks have been the better team when Vlasic has been fit to play but played with fire at the end of this game (thanks to a really horrible ref decision for EK's penalty). This could go down to the wire but if Jones allows an early goal next game I can totally see the Sharks unraveling.

Reactions: SJGoalie32

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Sharks fans before series: "Oh god I hope Vegas fans don't complain about refs like they always do"

Sharks fans during series: "WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL! THE REFS ARE PAID! ABOMINATION! I DON'T CARE IF THEY CALL MORE PENALTIES ON VEGAS, THEY'RE PAID! PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAID!"

Can you show me where Sharks fans actually said this?

Reactions: SjMilhouse
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad