Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SJGoalie32

Apr 7, 2007
TealTown, USA
Can you show me where Sharks fans actually said this?

Well, tbf......The usual suspects.

Ask yourself which of the individual Sharks posters on this board would be most likely to make the most outlandish claims about the officiating (and I mean not just expressing frustration over the Game 2 goalie interference call, but just completely over the top hot takes)....and you'd probably be right.

Reactions: Danish Pastry

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Sharks have been the better team when Vlasic has been fit to play but played with fire at the end of this game (thanks to a really horrible ref decision for EK's penalty). This could go down to the wire but if Jones allows an early goal next game I can totally see the Sharks unraveling.
Vlasic and Jones really make or break this team right now.

Reactions: Phu and SJGoalie32

Mar 12, 2008
SF Bay Area
Just f***ing win game 6 Sharks. Bring it back to The Tank.

Like Hertl said, we are the better team. Hertl was amazing last night. You can see so much of Jagr in how he plays. And he is finally healthy for a full season plus.

Reactions: Phu

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Well, tbf......The usual suspects.

Ask yourself which of the individual Sharks posters on this board would be most likely to make the most outlandish claims about the officiating (and I mean not just expressing frustration over the Game 2 goalie interference call, but just completely over the top hot takes)....and you'd probably be right.

This has nothing to do with my question.

Which Sharks fans said that they “hoped Vegas fans didn’t complain about officiating like they always do?”

Seven0two

Apr 17, 2018
They're not usually that bad in general, imo....but I'll admit they've been fairly grating this series

I'm probably in the minority here but I like when home broadcasts are homers. I'll actually watch my own team's broadcast and then watch the opposing team's broadcast after the fact. It gives me a different perspective on things and I see things that I might have missed. Even if you don't agree with someone else it helps to at least know where they're coming from.

goflyakite

Apr 29, 2011
Ontario
I do remember seeing at least one post before the series saying I hope they don’t complain about officiating as much as last year. Though I’m 99% sure it was in reference to Vegas’ coach and players, not the fans, which has been totally accurate this series again.

Attachments

• 7BF22B56-7939-4FA4-967D-CE71C1CCCF60.jpeg
    7BF22B56-7939-4FA4-967D-CE71C1CCCF60.jpeg
    107.6 KB · Views: 23

Seven0two

Apr 17, 2018
Who are each team's key players in game 6 outside of the goalies?

I'll say for Vegas it's the Marchessault-Karlsson-Smith line. They probably played their best game of the series last night but have been mostly invisible while the Pacioretty-Stastny-Stone line has done pretty much everything without getting a ton of help in the scoring department. The "New Guy Line" as I like to call them were pretty quiet yesterday but I think being able to dictate match-ups at home should free them up a bit, but they will need more help then they've gotten if Vegas is going to win.

Conversely I think for the Sharks I think the defensive corps is the key. Vlasic is such an amazing stabilizing force and his presence seemed to make everything right on the blue line for the Sharks. Karlsson goes from looking like a gimp in game 4 to factoring heavily on the early goals. Gallant isn't really known for playing match-ups despite having last change but I think it would be a mistake for him to continue rolling four lines without trying to get positive match-ups in game 6 because the Sharks defense has shown that they can win games or lose them.

I'm pretty nervous for this game because I would love for the Golden Knights to win it at home, but it really does feel like a toss-up to me.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
DeBoer should preemptively swap Dillon and put Vlasic with Karlsson since Gallant will likely try and hard match Stones line against Karlsson like in games 3 and 4.

Seven0two

Apr 17, 2018
DeBoer should preemptively swap Dillon and put Vlasic with Karlsson since Gallant will likely try and hard match Stones line against Karlsson like in games 3 and 4.

Having not watched a ton of SJS games this season, have they used that pairing much? I think it makes complete sense not just in this case but in general.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Having not watched a ton of SJS games this season, have they used that pairing much? I think it makes complete sense not just in this case but in general.

They tried to do it a good amount but it never quite clicked. Vlasic and Burns didn't USE to click either but for some reason this year it's worked really well. Karlsson and Dillon have worked really well all year. The thing is, Karlsson is totally capable of playing really good defense -- but not when his groin is barely hanging on.

That said, Vlasic just suddenly rounded into form in the playoffs, so, if Gallant tries to match Stone against EK, I don't think it's a bad idea to get Pickles there.

Wedontneedroads

Jul 14, 2008
San Jose
they are. so, in true sharks fashion, they average over 3 gaa.

Keeping the trend going.

Sharks are now 34-0 this year when holding their opponent to 2 goals or less.

If the Sharks play defense, they win.

If it turns into a shootout, all bets are off.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
I live in Vegas and really wanted to root for VGK when they were announced. Their fans are beyond intolerable (i'm not talking about people here, but the average fan that i run into on a daily basis).

I find myself actively rooting against them, and it saddens me a bit.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Like this?

He never specified Vegas fans whining about officiating. Given that he just said Vegas, it’s far more likely he was complaining about Vegas - the team and the coach. This would make a lot more sense since their coach is known as one of the biggest whiners in the league and their players like Marchessault complain to the media about textbook high-sticking calls where there is blood on the ice and they still only get penalized for 2 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad