WCQF/PDSF: (P1) Calgary Flames vs (WC2) Colorado Avalanche | COL Leads 3-1 (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

returnofthemack29

Feb 20, 2015
You are of course correct in that Calgary's top line hasn't played as well as they can but that's probably because of the limited ice time they've been getting. In the last game Gaudreau and Monahan got 16 and 15 minutes TOI respectively in regulation time. They played better in OT where they got approximately 2-1/2 minutes of ice time in the 8-1/2 minutes of OT.
Don't get too cocky. You won one game... not the series. Peters will make adjustments. He's a very good coach.

Edit: Just curious... you mentioned millenials like you're not one of them. How old are you?
5337e941a758b.jpeg

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Girard coming out for Makar? Interesting?

Girard took a high hit in OT from Bennett and left the game.

That said, pretty sure all morning skates are optional, so there’s still a chance Girard is playing.

Edit: nvm. Girard is confirmed out.

Last edited:

Jixer19

Dec 19, 2015
Edmonton, Alberta
I’m hoping you’re just being funny.

If you’re pinning a series, or on this case a Stanley Cup, on a teenage D Man that has never played a single NHL game....let alone a playoff game, I wonder about your sanity.

Wait, you mean it is wrong to think Makar will win a Conn Smythe before winning a Calder? :sarcasm:

I am just excited for our new shiny toy, please don't hurt him Calgary, we had a painful year that year to get him lol

Reactions: cgf

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I’m hoping you’re just being funny.

If you’re pinning a series, or on this case a Stanley Cup, on a teenage D Man that has never played a single NHL game....let alone a playoff game, I wonder about your sanity.
He’s not going to win him a game on his own, let alone a series. He’s 20. I’m just saying, you have the second scariest forward in the league and now you’re adding the best drafted prospect in the world who plays almost identical to Mackinnon but on the back end. It’s fun times ahead in Coloradi.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Now do Calgary turn to Rittich for game 4? It's not often that you have a 6-2 loss that isn't the goalie's fault, but I feel like last night was a key example. Not to mention if they were leaning in that direction, should they have put out Rittich in the 3rd when the game was likely already out of reach?

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Some thots...

One of two things must happen for the Flames.

1. Their top line has to get going.

2. Their top line has to get broken up.

At this point, I'm not sure if you can wait around any longer for the first to happen. Break these guys up and put them with some players that will drive the forecheck a little more, and see if the added space can get these guys going.

James Neal's skating is just in another gear compared to everyone else out there right now, and not in a good way. He looks very slow. I don't know if he's working through something, but he smells a lot to me like a guy whose NHL shelf life might be expiring.

Flames D got burned a lot yesterday by either being too aggressive on the pinch, or backing up way too far on the rush. The neutral zone looked like a highway out there. I don't know if you're going to have to try to slow the game down by clogging the neutral zone on Wednesday, but that was a horrendous defensive effort. Not saying that you need to trap, but I think you need to really focus on being structured defensively and preventing the Avs from just rocketing into the zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad