Post-Game Talk: WCQF: Minnesota Wild vs. Colorado Avalanche - Part II - WILD WIN GAME7!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vitogor

Oct 26, 2002
Minnesota
Visit site
Three hours after the game, and I still can't wipe the grin off my face.

73411_340.jpg

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Just wanted to congratulate you guys on a fun series. Shame you're in our division so I can't straight up cheer for you guys and your kids, but that's a great group you got and I hope we can meet in the playoffs again next year, but with better refs and both teams healthy.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Just wanted to congratulate you guys on a fun series. Shame you're in our division so I can't straight up cheer for you guys and your kids, but that's a great group you got and I hope we can meet in the playoffs again next year, but with better refs and both teams healthy.

Sorry if I'd rather only 1 of those options from you guys... :sarcasm:

Seriously though... great series!

It's odd that the higher seed has always bowed out in playoff history between these two teams..

2003 - Avs win the division - Wild win the series in 7.
2008 - Wild in win the division - Avs win the series in 6.
2014 - Avs win the division - Wild in the series in 7.

Last edited:

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
LMFAO at Koivu's reaction to the game winner.

It will never get old.

So humongous big

That video had everything. We get to see our enemies driven before us and witness the lamentations of the women.

And Varlamov's reaction to the series winning goal. Priceless. It just says so much...he just sat there and was like "..................****"

Just imagine how epic this series would have been if the refs hadn't left their trademark crap all over the ice in so many key situations.

Just imagine how much more epic the playoffs would be if the NHL still had all those competent refs who all retired at the same time a while back.

Maybe then idiots like Meier and Lee wouldn't be getting work.

Eple

It ain't easy being
Mar 7, 2010
Turku
Just watched the DVR...

2ND ROUND BABY holy hell that was nerve racking overtime.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
It probably took me about 45 minutes after the game to calm down enough to finally go to sleep.

I'm still feeling like this right now...

tumblr_mwp43fbvci1s0kbxto5_500-gif.3881

Just realized too that Andrew Brunette has played on the winning side of every Wild-Avs playoff series. Hail to the Bruno. :yo:

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN

colorado has a young very fast team with a great goalie. i cant believe how quickly your team improved, i thought you'd be more like edm & develop slowly. both teams had many chances, too bad one team had to lose. thx for the congratulations.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
colorado has a young very fast team with a great goalie. i cant believe how quickly your team improved, i thought you'd be more like edm & develop slowly. both teams had many chances, too bad one team had to lose. thx for the congratulations.

Edmonton wishes they were developing slowly. Not that I'm complaining about it, but they're not developing at all.

hort22

Apr 4, 2013
anyone here crafty enough to rip the audio sound clip of nino's post on the ot winner?

would love to turn that sound into my text alert on my phone...lol

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Haha, Mike Yeo was cursing in that clip and they had to bleep it.

About time we actually get to see some emotion from him. (I'm looking at you, FSNorth, showing him drinkin water while TSN shows him chewing a ref out).

00xtremeninja

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
So, update from my time at the Twins game.

I had to avoid looking at the outfield wall to see the game score. which was fine. had seats on the 3rd base line and was able to watch a ton of the game. Thinking to myself the entire game. NO SPOILERS! WOOP WOOP! My friends did a great job of shielding me from TVS in the proshop, etc.

Middle of the ninth inning and they decide to go to the highlight reel and blast the sounds from the game. I cover my ears, start shouting unintelligible crap to drown out the sound of LaPanta. Success, still no spoilers.

We get up to stand under the lamps and this guy comes up the stairs, "well 16 minutes to go............." once again, hands over ears and I run away from him like an upset child not getting a Hot Wheels at the grocery store. But, still no spoilers.

I had parked my Jeep in the lot over by the Gay 90s, dangerous zone to be in with the looming end to the game. From Target Field lightrail station to my Jeep, I jogged. Avoiding all of those sports bars and patrons spilling out for a smoke as OT was about to begin. I took this as a good sign that my exercise routine has been working as I felt good, and not winded. A minor victory of the night. Also had 3 seperate Minneapolis cops yell at me for running through intersections before the walk light came on. Sorry gents, but there is hockey to be watched.

Turn on the Jeep..........oh no.............the radio...............will 93x spoil it for me? NOPE, turn the radio down, plug in my phone and listen to a mix of Tool and Perfect Circle.

Make it home, watched the recording, woke up the entire neighborhood when Nino's shot went "PING" and LaPanta went bananas. What a game, so glad I stayed up to watch the entire thing.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
What an entertaining and enjoyable series. Glad it turned out well for the good guys!

And for those of you who like to rip on PA, it's times like these where he's actually a fun listen.

Joe Zanussi

Jul 15, 2011
Bruins fan here. Two thoughts:

1) Congrats. Great series.....your coach was awesome and your players were fantastic.
2) Wanna trade Suter?? My God, he's a machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad