Post-Game Talk: WCQF: Minnesota Wild vs. Colorado Avalanche - Part II - WILD WIN GAME7!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Part II!

Continue!

BlI84sbIUAEiIwv.jpg:large

Just as a warning,

Any allegations that Mike Yeo sent Matt Cooke or anyone else to injure an opposing player will be deleted. The global moderators (i.e. not the Wild mods, the folks who run this website) discussed the situation and found no evidence that any such directive took place.

This site has a responsibility to not spread or lend any credence to rumors that could be considered defamatory.

Thanks.

[MOD]

Avs fans, keep in mind that this is the Wild board and any inflammatory posts will be considered trolling. Wild fans, do not reply to inflammatory posts; report them.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

IndustryLeech

Jan 23, 2013
Fort Collins, CO
Avs far here. I'm pretty impressed with Yeo's adjustments after game 2. The Wild are playing great defensive hockey right now. If it weren't for Varly playing out of his mind we would have been obliterated last night. Here's hoping for more than 12 shots against you guys in game 5!

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Avs far here. I'm pretty impressed with Yeo's adjustments after game 2. The Wild are playing great defensive hockey right now. If it weren't for Varly playing out of his mind we would have been obliterated last night. Here's hoping for more than 12 shots against you guys in game 5!
I would suspect it is going to be more wide open in Denver. I am glad that Yeo completely changed his 3rd line to be more speed focused (Nino-Haula-Fontaine). They have looked significantly better than a checking line anchored by slow Brodziak.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
I just listened to this and got tears in my eyes. lol

Great day to be a Wild fan and in general, Minnesota hockey fan. :handclap:

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Couple of Colorado fans seriously think that their loss of Barrie is the equivalent of, or greater than us losing Suter... Ummm, yeah, which loss is greater? The 2nd pairing offensive minded d-man who is one of their few puck movers and will be missed on the PP, or the top 5 d-man in the world who plays the most minutes in the league and in all situations? :help:

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Couple of Colorado fans seriously think that their loss of Barrie is the equivalent of us losing Suter... Ummm, yeah, which loss is greater? The 2nd pairing offensive minded d-man who is one of their few puck movers and will be missed on the PP, or the top 5 d-man in the world who plays the most minutes in the league and in all situations? :help:

Don't you understand though, he has 5 GWG goals, that's are the most important thing! Suter doesn't score those so he must not matter.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Here's the lyrics, I've listened to it five times now. :laugh:

Anthem Lyrics

We were raised
With the stick
And a pair of blades
On the ice we cut our teeth
We took our knocks
In the penalty box
Our mother was the referee

This sport was here
Before we came
It will be here when we're gone
The game's in our blood
And our blood's in the game
Lay us down under
A frozen pond

We will fight to the end
We will stand and defend
Our flag flying high and free
We were born the child
Of the strong and Wild
In the State, the State of Hockey

A big blue line runs around our state
A line that can't be crossed
The day they try to take this game
Is the day the gloves come off

We will fight to the end
We will stand and defend
Our flag flying high and free
We were born the child
Of the strong and Wild
In the State, the State of Hockey.

IndustryLeech

Jan 23, 2013
Fort Collins, CO
Couple of Colorado fans seriously think that their loss of Barrie is the equivalent of, or greater than us losing Suter... Ummm, yeah, which loss is greater? The 2nd pairing offensive minded d-man who is one of their few puck movers and will be missed on the PP, or the top 5 d-man in the world who plays the most minutes in the league and in all situations? :help:

Barrie has been Mr Clutch for us this season. There's no doubt his loss is devastating to the Avs as he also is by far the best puck-moving d-man we have. I don't think it's that crazy to say losing Barrie is as detrimental to the Avs as losing Suter would be to the Wild. That's not necessarily saying he's as good a d-man.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Barrie has been Mr Clutch for us this season. There's no doubt his loss is devastating to the Avs as he also is by far the best puck-moving d-man we have. I don't think it's that crazy to say losing Barrie is as detrimental to the Avs as losing Suter would be to the Wild. That's not necessarily saying he's as good a d-man.

As an overall defenseman, he's probably closer to Spurgeon than he is to Suter. And that's not a knock on Barrie, but he is definitely not asked to do the same things for you guys as Suter is for us.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota

Without Suter our PK wouldn't be as good, without Suter playing against McKinnon over 70% of the 5 on 5 time at home we don't shut down that line, without Suter our ability to break out of our zone decreases. Suter is able to control the pace of the game when the puck is on his stick, no other Wild defenseman can do that.

Barrie is a blow to the Avs but come on.

IndustryLeech

Jan 23, 2013
Fort Collins, CO
Without Suter our PK wouldn't be as good, without Suter playing against McKinnon over 70% of the 5 on 5 time at home we don't shut down that line, without Suter our ability to break out of our zone decreases. Suter is able to control the pace of the game when the puck is on his stick, no other Wild defenseman can do that.

Barrie is a blow to the Avs but come on.

Well, here's where you have to start taking intangibles into account. I think there's a chance last night's game ends differently with Barrie in for the last 3 minutes of the game. He's got a knack for scoring just those types of goals.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
Well, here's where you have to start taking intangibles into account. I think there's a chance last night's game ends differently with Barrie in for the last 3 minutes of the game. He's got a knack for scoring just those types of goals.

How does one practise scoring late in the game? I've always wondered this.

Also, I wish this matter of discussion was done already. Atleast I get that Barrie is a big piece for Avs' puck support but the result could be worse or better with Barrie in the lineup.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA

Tyson Barrie has 5 GWG, 3 OT winners. What about the other 2 GWG? Well, there's the problem. Those GWG could've been scored at any time. They could've been scored to make it 4-1 in the 2nd period and still hold up because of a final score of 4-3.

Plus, clutch is hard to quantify, because you also have to look at failures in clutch situations. Those who try to take over in OT, especially d-men, can end up costing their team in a clutch situation with an ill advised shot/pass/pinch, just trying to do too much. Just look at Jackman with the Blues. In game 2, he scored the OT winner. In game 4, he made a terrible pinch and Patrick Kane scored on the ensuing rush as a result.

IndustryLeech

Jan 23, 2013
Fort Collins, CO
Tyson Barrie has 5 GWG, 3 OT winners. What about the other 2 GWG? Well, there's the problem. Those GWG could've been scored at any time. They could've been scored to make it 4-1 in the 2nd period and still hold up because of a final score of 4-3.

Plus, clutch is hard to quantify, because you also have to look at failures in clutch situations. Those who try to take over in OT, especially d-men, can end up costing their team in a clutch situation with an ill advised shot/pass/pinch, just trying to do too much. Just look at Jackman with the Blues. In game 2, he scored the OT winner. In game 4, he made a terrible pinch and Patrick Kane scored on the ensuing rush as a result.

Agreed. I will admit to some homerism here.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
I just listened to this and got tears in my eyes. lol

Great day to be a Wild fan and in general, Minnesota hockey fan. :handclap:

I sing it at every game. At first I thought it would be cheesy, but honestly. I love it. I love its originality and how more people sing it now and it's something that will always be OURS.

I did the same thing when I was driving to move back here, I kept playing it over and over in my truck and it hit me hard.

Last edited:

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
@Fsnorth: Wow! Last nights @mnwild playoff game was highest-rated Wild telecast EVER on @fsnorth. 12.7 rating = 219,450+ homes in Twin Cities watched!

WildFinn*

@Fsnorth: Wow! Last nights @mnwild playoff game was highest-rated Wild telecast EVER on @fsnorth. 12.7 rating = 219,450+ homes in Twin Cities watched!

Can we say something is going on with the Wild getting accepted?

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Moulson, Koivu and Pom's have been quiet in the scoring category. Moulson has been a flat out disappointment. Koivu is playing good hockey but would like to see him score a goal or two. Pom has been quiet lately but has two assists.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Moulson, Koivu and Pom's have been quiet in the scoring category. Moulson has been a flat out disappointment. Koivu is playing good hockey but would like to see him score a goal or two. Pom has been quiet lately but has two assists.

This. The team is playing really well overall, but would like to see these three score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad