GDT: WCQF GM02 | Vancouver Canucks vs. Nashville Predators | Tue. Apr 23rd | 7:00PM PST | SNP/CBC | Great State of Dakota

Status
Not open for further replies.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Alright here we go again. Pumped to get this game going. Hoping that this is the game where Pettersson breaks out of his slump and starts to get confidence to become an offensive force again. Also hoping the special teams starts to excel. The Canucks need to stay out of the box. Going to be a great game, I'm like a junkie waiting for his fix. I can't wait.

Go Canucks

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
The U2 Intro actually dates back to the WCE Era in the early 2000s. I believe we started using it during the 2002-2003 season.

EDIT:

You can definitely hear it here as they step on the ice - Game 7, Round 2, 2003.

Anyone know exactly when the fist bump train became a thing?

I remember as a kid watching games in this era it definitely wasn't but now it seems completely normal but I'm not sure how that happened lol.

Also Sopel may as well have been Hughes in that clip wtf lol

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
It is game day, my dudes.

1713881667463.jpeg

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I can 100% confirm that they started doing it during the WCE days. I went to a lot of playoff games.
They used it as a brief intro song in that regular season game against the LA Kings where Harold Druken scored (April, 2000).

Reactions: Vector

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver

I remember as a kid watching games in this era it definitely wasn't but now it seems completely normal but I'm not sure how that happened lol.

Didn't Linden try to put a stop to it at some point? Something like, "Act like you've been here before."

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
Dan Cloutier “he’s been lit up 11 goals in the last 39 shots”. f*** me lol
Oh man Sopel, Ohlund, Klatt, May, Chubarov, Allen.... <3<3<3

I adored those guys.

Sopel was ahead of his time. He was scapegoated badly here

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Oh man Sopel, Ohlund, Klatt, May, Chubarov, Allen.... <3<3<3

I adored those guys.

Sopel was ahead of his time. He was scapegoated badly here
Yep same. Ruutu, Mayday, Cooke, Jovo, Malik. What an era lmfao

Wasted because we had f***ing Cloutier. Watching the present day Avs reminds me of the pre lockout Canucks because they have Georgiev who’s pretty much a modern day Cloutier.

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
Yep same. Ruutu, Mayday, Cooke, Jovo, Malik. What an era lmfao

Wasted because we had f***ing Cloutier. Watching the present day Avs reminds me of the pre lockout Canucks because they have Georgiev who’s pretty much a modern day Cloutier.
Avs are way better imo.

Ruutu and Cooke I loved until their final days where they became embarassing. Malik... no.

Jovo I wanted to love. I loved him as a Panther. but he became a nightmare in Vancouver. He was so dumb though... it was hilarious.

Also Baron was a perfect bottom pairing D

Crazy we wasted a blueline of this, with no success to show for it:
Ohlund-Sopel
Malik-Jovanovski
Allen-Salo

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Avs are way better imo.

Ruutu and Cooke I loved until their final days where they became embarassing. Malik... no.

Jovo I wanted to love. I loved him as a Panther. but he became a nightmare in Vancouver. He was so dumb though... it was hilarious.

Also Baron was a perfect bottom pairing D

Crazy we wasted a blueline of this, with no success to show for it:
Ohlund-Sopel
Malik-Jovanovski
Allen-Salo
I didn’t like Jovo at all either Lol.

Avs are definitely better. And Cloutier was much worse than 4giev. Cloutier was getting lit up during the f***ing dead puck era that f***ing sieve.

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
I’d never thought you are a Sopel fan
He made glaring errors often... but honestly the fans were so hard on him I think it made him nervous to screw up. Even live.

He wasn't paid all that much and was playing shut down minutes on the first pairing with Ohlund. He played the PP and was incredible at holding the line. Like he made plays at the line consistently that were mind blowing. Had an accurate wrist shot which he could get through to the goalie almost all the time and was a good skater. Weak on his skates at times and was prone to big gaffs. But he was far more valuable than his contract and played a lot of minutes for us. Good passer too and would put up 30-40 points.

Not surprised to learn he dealt with alcoholism and anxiety during those times as he seemed nervous all the time and almost jittery in interviews. Loved the guy though. He was challenged in Chicago to become a defensive defenseman in order to stay in the league and he became a great one. Shot blocking dynamo and a solid 5-6 on some good Chicago teams.

Seems like a really good guy off the ice nowadays advocating for mental health and played a big role in supporting Kyle Beach in that fiasco.

I didn’t like Jovo at all either Lol.

Avs are definitely better. And Cloutier was much worse than 4giev. Cloutier was getting lit up during the f***ing dead puck era that f***ing sieve.
Bruh you just said you liked Jovo

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
We will see a more desperate Preds team for sure. Going down 2-0 is more often than not a death sentence in the playoffs.

Big game for sure. A win for the Canucks tonight sows the seeds of insecurity in to the Preds. We would be 5-0 over the year for them and that mental hurdle might be to big to over come for any team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad