GDT: WCQF GM02 | Vancouver Canucks vs. Nashville Predators | Tue. Apr 23rd | 7:00PM PST | SNP/CBC | Great State of Dakota

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
WHEN: April 23rd, 7:00PM PST
WHERE: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC
TV: CBC/Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: Sportsnet 650

Series
Canucks Lead 1-0

Canucks Line-Up:

Suter-Miller-Boeser
Hoglander-Pettersson-Lafferty
Joshua-Lindholm-Garland
Di Giuseppe-Blueger-Mikheyev

Hughes-Hronek
Soucy-Myers
Zadorov-Cole

DeSmith

Predators Line-Up:

Forsberg-O’Reilly-Nyquist
Jankowski-Sissons-Zucker
Beauvillier-Novak-Evangelista
Smith-McCarron-Sherwood

McDonagh-Josi
Lauzon-Carrier
Stastney-Schenn

Saros

Pre & Post-Game Coverage
Video
The Province
https://www.youtube.com/@TheProvince/videos

Sekeres & Price
https://www.youtube.com/@SekeresPrice/videos

Canucks Army
https://www.youtube.com/@Canucks_Army/videos

Rinkwide Vancouver
https://www.youtube.com/@rinkwidevancouver/videos

Donnie & Dhali (/w John Garrett)
https://www.youtube.com/@donnieanddhali/videos

Sportsnet 650
Halford & Brough
Drance
Satiar & Dan

Last edited:

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Just need to build off the third period. Canucks were doing a good job shutting down the Preds stretch pass and counterattack (picked it off a few times) and Demko won the goaltending battle despite continuing to be a bit soft on the glove side.

Stick with the Suter-Miller-Boeser line and the Lindholm line, as they'll carry the series. If we want to advance much further, though, Pettersson needs to step up offensively and the fourth line needs to be better outside of Blueger.

Blue line looked pretty great to start, need to keep playing that physical and punishing opposing forwards.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
What a night last night, still buzzing this morning, I’m going to remember that night for the rest of my life.

Support this team, everybody.
If you have some extra money to spare, go to the game, embrace the atmosphere and the experience, it’s really something else..hard to describe.. it was absolutely magical, special, perfect.

Blown away from the start before the game, the atmosphere and entertainment during the game, and the joy after, amazing.

IMG_2121.jpeg
IMG_2116.jpeg

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Keys to winning the game:

Keep the game 5 on for as long as possible.
Don't go out of your way for a hit and put yourself out of position.
Take away the Preds stretch pass.
Find a way to put Brock, JT and EP on the score sheet.
Shelter Hughes from any hits.
Have the 4 (Myers, Zad, Soucy and Cole) play big.
TRY to get the PP going.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Thought we really controlled the game at even strength; our PP generated some looks, just no breakthroughs. Our PK was largely good, but we need to not play with fire and take so many penalties.

Hopefully we can channel all the good stuff into our game tomorrow!

It was strange seeing the Preds try the same stretch pass 5 on 5 during the final 8 minutes. They had no idea how to break into the Vancouver zone. The Canucks did a masterclass job at intercepting these stretch passes and made it impossible to enter the zone.

McDonagh, Schenn and Lauzon look rather slow. I think the Canucks speed on the forecheck can cause major issues going forward. Lauzon seems hell bent at just hitting everything even if he takes himself out of position.

You wonder if the Preds hedge their bets on bringing in Tyson Barrie into the lineup. You sacrifice team D but can get another effective puck carrier through the neutral zone?

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
It was strange seeing the Preds try the same stretch pass 5 on 5 during the final 8 minutes. They had no idea how to break into the Vancouver zone. The Canucks did a masterclass job at intercepting these stretch passes and made it impossible to enter the zone.

McDonagh, Schenn and Lauzon look rather slow. I think the Canucks speed on the forecheck can cause major issues going forward. Lauzon seems hell bent at just hitting everything even if he takes himself out of position.

You wonder if the Preds hedge their bets on bringing in Tyson Barrie into the lineup. You sacrifice team D but can get another effective puck carrier through the neutral zone?

This is an area I think we can exploit, provided we can stay disciplined. Their footspeed isn't great, but a lot of Nashville's players are really good at controlling the puck and working it around, which makes their power play a primary point of concern for us in this series. If we can avoid the box, it can only be good for us.

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC

Think it'll depend on how game 2 goes. Have to expect that Nashville will review the tape and look for ways to break through the neutral zone.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013

I’d dump the puck into Lauzon’s corner as much as possible, he looked very vulnerable against forecheck pressure.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Bench DI Guiseppi. Just a useless plug, get Aman in.

Top line and third line has been great, Pettersson needs to step up soon. He was a monster in the Bubbles playoffs.

Reactions: Szechwan

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011

Top line and third line has been great, Pettersson needs to step up soon. He was a monster in the Bubbles playoffs.

I miss the wicked wrister off the rush.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015

They probably don’t need him to play super well to win this series. When they play teams with two good lines that likely matchup with Lindholm and Millers lines. His line will need to be the difference because that is where the Canucks will have the advantage.

Reactions: bh53
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad