GDT: WCQF GM02 | Vancouver Canucks vs. Nashville Predators | Tue. Apr 23rd | 7:00PM PST | SNP/CBC | Great State of Dakota

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
Their first 3 PKs were downright brutal. Lanes were wide open for the Preds and the Canucks were applying little to no pressure in a passive diamond. The PK was way better when they put the skilled guys in.

Notable shift in the PK when Pettersson and Joshua were the ice. Guys like Bluegar and Suter are good at breaking up plays but seemingly struggle in clearing pucks out.
It got progressively better. They were tentative in PK1, more assertive in PK2. By PK3, they were denying zone entries and by PK4, the structure was locked in. For a team that's struggled with the PK as much as they have, experiencing a noticeable upward trend over the course of 4 PKs is promising. When the playoffs start, the slate is wiped clean. It doesn't matter how good your PK is against the league, just how well it's doing against this particular round's opponent.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I'm ok with PDG remaining in the lineup... really liked the 4th line overall.... and PDG brings PK value to depressurize the first couple PK units.

Save Pods for a change up for when we really need it.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
i would put in Podkolzin. He's such a dominant forechecker that will help wear down the Predators older defense.

I dont think it matters that much just think we should be keeping players ready to go and there is an argument to be made that PDG had a few moments that weren't very good and that's reason enough to keep dangling a carrot for ice time

I originally was a little upset about the PK and how passive it was being until i realized that they were probably coaching to not chase out of position at 2 of the guys they weren't that worried about shooting (Nyquist and Evangelista)

And hell no were not breaking up Miller or Lindholms lines. Pettersson and Hoglander will find a way through. Hoglander was a bit of a mess in making plays puck was bouncing off him and he obviously had too much nerves and just needs to settle down.

I like how Tocchet deployed the lotto line in key times just keep doing that

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Just keep it simple, swap in Podz on the bottom line.

keep it tight.jpeg

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Tocc f***s. If we're ever going to get it done its going to be in the next handful of years with tocchet gonchar foote, jtm, hughes, demko etc

Reactions: Nucker101

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Hope to see some bruises. Impact hockey. Real hits not these "close calls" and bumps. I posted elsewhere that in the Vegas/Washington finals there was 100 hits in one period, that is the kind of commitment needed. AHL guys can do that if needed.

Skill guys have to be using more of their skill and not be 3rd line bangers.

If Pettersson CAN shoot, a few more of those and a little less trying to imitate Joshua. He ain't Peter Forsberg.

Big guys need to play BIG and smaller guys need to play bigger.

They may have won last game but it wasn't all that decisive. Create a gap. Don't be satisfied. One goal is enough to win but it could be one that doesn't get scored because scoring became protecting a lead.

I think the Canucks will win but it will not be just goals that are the big contributor. They have loads of playoff vets, they might decide to turn up the heat and play playoff hockey and not just a playoff game.

Hopefully the prediction is "PAIN" for them and the sweet smell of (sweaty) success for the Nux.

I originally was a little upset about the PK and how passive it was being until i realized that they were probably coaching to not chase out of position at 2 of the guys they weren't that worried about shooting (Nyquist and Evangelista)
Starting to get that way with Pettersson, where are the shots? Injured wrist again?

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
stop making excuses for the guy

He has to find the passion to want to excel when games get tight but he's not gonna go around overpowering players

It's just 1 game he missed the one timer on the PP the toe drag plus a 4 on 2 that Lafferty handcuffed Myers with instead of giving the puck to a 100pt guy to let control that play. He was pretty good defensively and good on faceoffs for the most part. When he gets it going you can say good bye to Nashville

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Preds will be gaming Dakota and Zads, someone else needs to step up their game. Refs will be doing everything they can for Nashville

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
I agree with what has been said about the team being noticeably nervous in game 1. You could see the anxiety all over their game. I think getting that first game over with, and a win at that, is going to be huge for this team. Game 2 should be significantly different.

I'm a big believer in keeping the same lineup unless there is an injury or the team needs a shake up. They won game one so unless there is an injury I would roll the same lineup and let the team get it going.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Did the Canucks not play the u2 opener in the 2015 playoffs? I assumed it had been a constant for 20 years. Can’t believe all the talk that it was played to “troll” Nashville.

I chalk that troll conversation up to the natural generational gap of Vancouver fans, it's been a near decade of darkness for us, someone that was 9 or 10 in 2014 is probably spending a lot of time posting on social media in 2024 and might not remember U2 being played lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad