GDT: WCQF GM02 | Vancouver Canucks vs. Nashville Predators | Tue. Apr 23rd | 7:00PM PST | SNP/CBC | Great State of Dakota

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
I chalk that troll conversation up to the natural generational gap of Vancouver fans, it's been a near decade of darkness for us, someone that was 9 or 10 in 2014 is probably spending a lot of time posting on social media in 2024 and might not remember U2 being played lol.

Why you gotta keep reminding me I’m not a kid anymore? Like at this point in life, if a puck happens to make its way to me I’m probably giving it to a kid instead of being that kid now.

• Haha
Reactions: LordBacon and Flik

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
I chalk that troll conversation up to the natural generational gap of Vancouver fans, it's been a near decade of darkness for us, someone that was 9 or 10 in 2014 is probably spending a lot of time posting on social media in 2024 and might not remember U2 being played lol.
Probably!

And they did play a version of the u2 opener in 2015…a version they definitely should not bring back.

Reactions: Flik

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Petey looks like hes a bit banged up. He did throw a couple hits last night, but something looks off there. Needs to start shooting, wonder if his wrist is bugging him.
Biggest indicator to me is that his wheelhouse is absolutely tiny now.

He wont take the onetimer unless it is exactly in the right spot.

This was my first playoff game in 20 yrs...
Last one was a game 5 loss to minny where we were blown out.

This experience was MUCH better!

View attachment 857552
:heart:

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Did the Canucks not play the u2 opener in the 2015 playoffs? I assumed it had been a constant for 20 years. Can’t believe all the talk that it was played to “troll” Nashville.

The U2 Intro actually dates back to the WCE Era in the early 2000s. I believe we started using it during the 2002-2003 season.

EDIT:

You can definitely hear it here as they step on the ice - Game 7, Round 2, 2003.

Reactions: Vector and Flik

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
game 2 should be better for both sides. hopefully less penatly taking by vancouver and getting their big guns going especially petterson. miller boeser were good last game. gotta tone it down on the hitting a bit.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
The U2 Intro actually dates back to the WCE Era in the early 2000s. I believe we started using it during the 2002-2003 season.

EDIT:

You can definitely hear it here as they step on the ice - Game 7, Round 2, 2003.

I can 100% confirm that they started doing it during the WCE days. I went to a lot of playoff games.

Reactions: MS

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
WHEN: April 23rd, 7:00PM PST
WHERE: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC
TV: CBC/Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: Sportsnet 650

Series
Canucks Lead 1-0

Canucks Line-Up:

TBD

Predators Line-Up:
TBD

Pre & Post-Game Coverage
Video
The Province
https://www.youtube.com/@TheProvince/videos

Sekeres & Price
https://www.youtube.com/@SekeresPrice/videos

Canucks Army
https://www.youtube.com/@Canucks_Army/videos

Rinkwide Vancouver
https://www.youtube.com/@rinkwidevancouver/videos

Donnie & Dhali (/w John Garrett)
https://www.youtube.com/@donnieanddhali/videos

Sportsnet 650
Halford & Brough
Drance
Satiar & Dan

Jamie Dodd.

There. I'll say his name if you won't.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
game 2 should be better for both sides. hopefully less penatly taking by vancouver and getting their big guns going especially petterson. miller boeser were good last game. gotta tone it down on the hitting a bit.
At least they now know how tight the series is going to be called. Another factor is that the first game jitters are out of the way. Hopefully they can settle in and go back to dominating 5 on 5.

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
Canucks need to take this to make it less of a series.

They should get some confidence knowing that they didn’t have a great start but sticking to their game and process got them the result.

Should incentivise them to start strong, but as Tocchett mentioned a bit calmer and more restrained not dying to hit everything in sight.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Why you gotta keep reminding me I’m not a kid anymore? Like at this point in life, if a puck happens to make its way to me I’m probably giving it to a kid instead of being that kid now.

You can always be that retarted adult who takes the puck and quickly put it in your pocket as people glare at you. Just ignore the kids tears of disappointment.

Reactions: geebster

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
You can always be that retarted adult who takes the puck and quickly put it in your pocket as people glare at you. Just ignore the kids tears of disappointment.
Kids these days have everything handed to them. Would be good for them to learn how the world works.

Back in my day I had to fight 12 immigrants to catch a puck. Uphill both ways.

Reactions: Grub

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
I would have started this way, too. Also think PDG took an unnecessary penalty, but I also don't think Tocchet tinkers with a winning lineup.
I would be shocked if Laff is on EP's wing and Podz isn't in.

I think Podz was out because he's a rookie and jitters in all.
Pizza man has had so many chances in prime spots since October and he just does nothing.

Podz and Petey. I'm trying to will that into existence lol.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Petey looks like hes a bit banged up. He did throw a couple hits last night, but something looks off there. Needs to start shooting, wonder if his wrist is bugging him.
I think ideally two different wingers, I'm not sold on Hogz but probably don't wanna screw around with lines 1 and 3 so Mikheyev likely goes up

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
I find him…uninteresting.

I heard him for the first time recently as he was filling in for other guys while they were sick and although he does sound bland, I found myself nodding along to everything he said.

At the end of the day I'll take a guy who's smart over a guy who's trying to be an entertainer if I can't have both. Then you have a guy like Tomlinson who is seemingly trying to be neither.

(okay I don't want to be mean 'cause he's probably a nice guy but yeah I can't stand him)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad