WCQF Gm#5: KINGS vs. BLUES - 5/8/13 - Three Down, ONE TO GO!!! GO KINGS GO!

Crosby87Domi11

Jan 29, 2013
Locust Grove,VA
To be fair, a had the break-out pass that eventually led to the 3-on-2 to win the game in OT.

As to your point, he also did that in game 4, but then he reverted to "idiot-play" late in game 4 and most of game 5. He is really hurting the team; Ellerby won't do much but his mistake quotient is far lower than Muzzin's so far this postseason.

^ this. Ellerby is more reliable than muzzin and can provide a bit of a steadier presence on the backend. Hes been alright in the games since Game 1 where he was as awful as muzzin.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Without looking, who do you think is the Kings leading playoff scorer?

Brady Dohty?

Kings coaching staff reaction was classic when they won in OT, no wild celebration or fist pumping, just handshakes and a business as usual attitude. Sutter is a pimp.:yo:

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Without looking, who do you think is the Kings leading playoff scorer?

I cheated and looked, and am in complete shock. I had no idea. Going by Herby's posts, you would think Richards had no points before last night and was a -3

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
Love the reaction after the goal. Skate in and give Voynov a couple pats on the helmet than straight to the locker room, like "Yeah, we expect to win.". Unlike the Blues reaction after Steen scored in O.T. in game 1, where they celebrated like it was game 7 of the Cup final.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Not Happy

tumblr_mmikblBGuA1sna8pso1_500.gif

Ron*

Love the reaction after the goal. Skate in and give Voynov a couple pats on the helmet than straight to the locker room, like "Yeah, we expect to win.". Unlike the Blues reaction after Steen scored in O.T. in game 1, where they celebrated like it was game 7 of the Cup final.

The players obviously love Voynov, what a great celebration on the ice to give him his due.

Ron*

Yeah, I think the Kings are in their heads now.

Schwartz was mad because he ****ed that play all to hell. Exhausted, he didn't get back in time, and when he slashed Voynov he changed the shot so much that Elliott was fooled.

It's basically all on Schwartz, and he knew it.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Mike Richards thru last night

Career 70 points in 88 playoff games

From CBC - Mike Richards now has 50 points in his last 59 playoff games. 2nd leading scorer in the NHL playoffs over the last 3 years.

Bob McKenzie said Richards is a 'money player' and has been consistantly since Juniors.

He's been on the ice for 7 of the Kings 10 goals.

And I think that his becoming a human pile driver in game 3 made that Slava goal. Without that, maybe the Kings don't win 1-0 and go down 0-3.

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
Schwartz was mad because he ****ed that play all to hell. Exhausted, he didn't get back in time, and when he slashed Voynov he changed the shot so much that Elliott was fooled.

It's basically all on Schwartz, and he knew it.

Ahhhh....okay. But I still say they're in the Blues heads. :)

Ron*

Ahhhh....okay. But I still say they're in the Blues heads. :)

Not like last season, not at all. The Blues have impressed me with their resilience.

Having said that, if we can come out Friday night with a strong first period and get a couple of goals on them, that might FINALLY break their spirit. But no doubt this is a different (very different) Blues team from last season. Their guys are all healthy and they added two vet d-men who have made a distinct difference this time around.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
Good thing about this series is if the kings do advance no other team can shut down this team and the kings will go on a scoring binge with all the new room on the ice They will get.

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
Mike Richards thru last night

Career 70 points in 88 playoff games

From CBC - Mike Richards now has 50 points in his last 59 playoff games. 2nd leading scorer in the NHL playoffs over the last 3 years.

Bob McKenzie said Richards is a 'money player' and has been consistantly since Juniors.

He's been on the ice for 7 of the Kings 10 goals.

And I think that his becoming a human pile driver in game 3 made that Slava goal. Without that, maybe the Kings don't win 1-0 and go down 0-3.

Impressive numbers indeed. And here I was bagging on the guy for playing awful during the tail end of the season. He wasn't even that bad, even though I was sure he was saving an extra gear for the playoffs. He's one of my favorite players we have right now...

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
I cheated and looked, and am in complete shock. I had no idea. Going by Herby's posts, you would think Richards had no points before last night and was a -3

Simmonds and Schenn would have had triple the points that that washed up, out of shape, overrated third line centre has :D

theMajor

Feb 9, 2012
Socal
Good thing about this series is if the kings do advance no other team can shut down this team and the kings will go on a scoring binge with all the new room on the ice They will get.

SJ and Chi have had LA's number this year, i wouldnt want to play either team in the later rounds

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $325.00