WCQF Gm#5: KINGS vs. BLUES - 5/8/13 - Three Down, ONE TO GO!!! GO KINGS GO!

KoopsKings

Sep 26, 2004
-A-mart great game, so solid coming out of our end. Also can create in theirs.
-doughty is an absolute beast
- need to get better on draws
- we need ducks to win, been a surprisingly rough series. Chicago probly win, if wings win we face a fresh sharks squad. We are going to be pretty banged up after this series if we get by the blues.

Ron*

Playoff Seedings Scenario

How would you all feel about Ducks vs. Kings in the second round?

We are one Blackhawks win, one Kings win, and one Ducks win from this becoming a reality.

Bottom line, since Vancouver got eliminated, there is no way the Kings can face either Chicago or Detroit in the next round.

Scenarios:

Blackhawks, Kings, and Ducks win: Kings get Ducks next round.
Wild, Kings, and Ducks win: Kings get Sharks next round.
Blackhawks, Kings, and Red Wings win: Kings get Sharks next round.
Wild, Kings, and Red Wings win: Kings get Wild next round.

Kings lose, I really don't give a **** about the scenarios.

AKAY47

Bring back Dean Lombardi!!!
Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa
Can we not talk about Anaheim yet? We need to win at home on Friday night. St. Louis is going to come out blazing

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Only at a Ducks game.

BJzE0FxCEAA3BEj.jpg:large

That dude on the left get's the extra creepy award for wearing that shirt. What is that , a Twilight tee shirt he's wearing?

Wouldn't surprise me if 90% of Ducks fans are also fans of Twilight.

Sydor25

LA Kings
Voynov's quotes on lakingsinsider.com are pure gold. There needs to be a video of that interview.

On his second game-winning goal in the series:
“It doesn’t matter. I just play hockey, and I try to help guys with the game.”

Ron*

Seriously. It's amazing the Kings are up in this series with Muzzin being the Blues' MVP so far

He's been named on a couple of assists for the Blues, right? Some great tape-to-tape passes to Blues' forwards.

I've seen enough and I think so has Sutter, who held him out of several shifts in the second period. I fully expect Ellerby to be back into the lineup come Friday. Muzzin sits.

Model62

Jul 14, 2012
He's been named on a couple of assists for the Blues, right? Some great tape-to-tape passes to Blues' forwards.

I've seen enough and I think so has Sutter, who held him out of several shifts in the second period. I fully expect Ellerby to be back into the lineup come Friday. Muzzin sits.

Could be. I thought Muzzin pulled it together in the 3rd and OT.

Kept it simple. Stop the puck, make a play.

KingsCorona

Dec 18, 2009
So, do we see Ellerby Friday or New Guy (Toffoli)?

I think Toffoli gets another go. He played well, and I think Sutter agreed because he seemed to get more and more ice time as the game went on. I suppose it might have just been that players were getting more tired and Toffoli was providing relief, but he made some great hustle plays, good sticks in the offensive and neutral zones, and even looked good along the boards a couple times, plus NO glaring mistakes. I'm actually pretty shocked at how.. well.. NOT out of place a kid that is only a handful of games out of the Monarchs looks in a tough playoff game. He is really a gamer, and I can't wait to see what he can do next season as a starter.

Ron*

Could be. I thought Muzzin pulled it together in the 3rd and OT.

Kept it simple. Stop the puck, make a play.

To be fair, a had the break-out pass that eventually led to the 3-on-2 to win the game in OT.

As to your point, he also did that in game 4, but then he reverted to "idiot-play" late in game 4 and most of game 5. He is really hurting the team; Ellerby won't do much but his mistake quotient is far lower than Muzzin's so far this postseason.

KingKopitar11*

Remember when Lisa Dillman, Lebrun,Adater said game 3 was our "gasp" win? Good times.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I knew they were wrong the minute they said it. Last gasp wins are for teams who don't know how to win. This is a winning team.

Puck U

2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
Aug 2, 2005
Apple Valley, CA.
I'd take my chances against any team that the Kings would have home ice.

So you're saying the DUCKs then :sarcasm: since we own that Pond, and especially IF come a playoffs matchup against them ! :yo:

Has a team been considered the HOME team for all SEVEN games of a series before ? :sarcasm:

:D

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Every game Muzzin has had some absolutely brutal giveaways.

We have to take him out otherwise Steen may take him out...on a date or something.

Seriously though, the Blues players know that if Muzz is on the ice, just key on him when he has the puck. He looks like Shattenkirk last year when we laid the body on him.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Hockey gets so little respect by our local sports reporters, especially FOX11. Lead stories, 2 basketball game highlights by teams not from LA, followed by a rumor Phil Jackson been offered coaching jobs [were 5 mins into it btw] then hockey highlights. I'm surprised they remembered at all that hockey playoffs are going on.

Model62

Jul 14, 2012
I think Toffoli gets another go. He played well, and I think Sutter agreed because he seemed to get more and more ice time as the game went on. I suppose it might have just been that players were getting more tired and Toffoli was providing relief, but he made some great hustle plays, good sticks in the offensive and neutral zones, and even looked good along the boards a couple times, plus NO glaring mistakes. I'm actually pretty shocked at how.. well.. NOT out of place a kid that is only a handful of games out of the Monarchs looks in a tough playoff game. He is really a gamer, and I can't wait to see what he can do next season as a starter.

That's my view, but I guess we'll see what Sutter's is. I expected him to go with 7D tonight. He tries to present as a dumb farmer, but he's a clever SOB. That flummoxed Hitchcock more than it should have. It worked well enough he was able to roll four lines (meanwhile the CPR line saw less time as the game wore on).

OTOH, that 7D really seems to work when Sutter has last change.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad