WCQF Gm#5: KINGS vs. BLUES - 5/8/13 - Three Down, ONE TO GO!!! GO KINGS GO!

Winger23

May 3, 2007
SJ and Chi have had LA's number this year, i wouldnt want to play either team in the later rounds

To me it doesn't matter. Neither of those teams can shut the kings down. I think Chicago could beat the kings in high scoring games but the kings will be able to break out of their own zone much easier which is what gives the kings the most trouble.

With the sharks its all about home ice with the kings having the advantage there.

Sydor25

LA Kings
Mike Richards thru last night

Career 70 points in 88 playoff games

From CBC - Mike Richards now has 50 points in his last 59 playoff games. 2nd leading scorer in the NHL playoffs over the last 3 years.

Bob McKenzie said Richards is a 'money player' and has been consistantly since Juniors.

He's been on the ice for 7 of the Kings 10 goals.

And I think that his becoming a human pile driver in game 3 made that Slava goal. Without that, maybe the Kings don't win 1-0 and go down 0-3.

Shhh....don't tell Herby. Richards is just a shell of his former self. :sarcasm:

theMajor

Feb 9, 2012
Socal
Unless the Wild win 3 straight, the Kings will have to face one of them if they make it to the conference finals. I would rather face SJ for the travel. Would be nice for the Kings to stay in California until the finals. :yo:

one is better than both. i think if the Ducks get past Detroit they can take down Chicago in a 6 or 7 game series, and i'd much rather the Kings face the Ducks than the Hawks. the problem is getting past SJ first...those pesky Sharks are what really scares me

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
one is better than both. i think if the Ducks get past Detroit they can take down Chicago in a 6 or 7 game series, and i'd much rather the Kings face the Ducks than the Hawks. the problem is getting past SJ first...those pesky Sharks are what really scares me

? we end up facing the Ducks first if everything goes the way it seems to be going...

mbar

Dec 7, 2006
Los Angeles
Love the reaction after the goal. Skate in and give Voynov a couple pats on the helmet than straight to the locker room, like "Yeah, we expect to win.". Unlike the Blues reaction after Steen scored in O.T. in game 1, where they celebrated like it was game 7 of the Cup final.

Totally agree with this.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Unless the Wild win 3 straight, the Kings will have to face one of them if they make it to the conference finals. I would rather face SJ for the travel. Would be nice for the Kings to stay in California until the finals. :yo:

I'm confused. Or rather I believe that you guys are confused.

If the Kings win their series...

Kings cannot play Hawks in next round. No way.

Kings cannot play Red Wings in next round. No way.

Kings play Wild if both the Wild and Red Wings win.

Kings play Sharks if one of Wild or Red Wings win.

Kings play Ducks if neither of Wild or Red Wings win.

Last edited:

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
How about we stop talking about possible second round match ups, which is the worst jinx of all time?

Still one more game to win.

k thx

theMajor

Feb 9, 2012
Socal
I'm confused. Or rather I believe that you guys are confused.

If the Kings win their series...

Kings cannot play Hawks in next round. No way.

Kings cannot play Red Wings in next round. No way.

Kings play Wild if both the Wild and Red Wings win.

Kings play Sharks if one of Wild or Red Wings win.

Kings play Ducks if neither of Wild or Red Wings win.

ahh, i had the seedings mixed up. i thought it would be the winner of LA/STL against SJ

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
Simmonds and Schenn would have had triple the points that that washed up, out of shape, overrated third line centre has :D

But his faceoff percentage... oh wait that's the highest amongst Kings centers :sarcasm:

Not to pile it on but I was getting kind of sick of all the Richards criticism when he's been one of our best forwards.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
How about we stop talking about possible second round match ups, which is the worst jinx of all time?

Still one more game to win.

k thx

I couldn't agree more.

I can assure that the team isn't looking past the Blues. Games like the one we have Friday are what define playoff teams. The bad look past their opponents and get what they deserve. The good keep playing the way they have and hope for the best.

The great go out and raise their game to the highest possible level and soundly beat their opponents so that no question can be asked about who deserved to move on.

Are we good or great, we will see Friday but regardless of what happens I don't give a fetid turd about who we may or may not face down the road.

You line em up, we'll knock em down and get their names once we have our names on the cup again this year.

(nothing against anyone who does and I don't mean to offend anyone, just think its a bad idea to speculate. I am wildly superstitious for one and can't imagine doing so back when I played is all)

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Voynov:

27581982.jpg

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but did Toffoli ever surprise me wih his level of poise out there. I was worried he'd wilt under the Blues' pressure and be one more liability, but he actually pulled his weight pretty impressively. Couple decent hits, a shot or two, and that skillful little solo rush he tried in the 3rd all stood out, didn't see too much bad for a rookie in his playoff debut.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but did Toffoli ever surprise me wih his level of poise out there. I was worried he'd wilt under the Blues' pressure and be one more liability, but he actually pulled his weight pretty impressively. Couple decent hits, a shot or two, and that skillful little solo rush he tried in the 3rd all stood out, didn't see too much bad for a rookie in his playoff debut.
Agreed. He had a couple of good defensive plays.

One thing I'm worried about though, he seems to use his stick a lot. Sometimes I thought he was close in getting a penalty..hooking, tripping call. Perhaps it was just me.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether

Happy to see you write this.

I will only add that for a kid who's skating gets knocked as much as TT's that he skated very well too.

I guess all of those power skating lessons paid off.
:nod:

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
But his faceoff percentage... oh wait that's the highest amongst Kings centers :sarcasm:

Not to pile it on but I was getting kind of sick of all the Richards criticism when he's been one of our best forwards.

We both forgot the plus/minus, because, you know, that's such a viable stat!

Captain Mittens*

216261_621550464538929_1113276421_n.jpg

Face Wash and I went to Team LA today. If you don't believe me that it's Face Wash, look at the foam finger. Any old loser can't claim to be the #1 fan, we know it's Face Wash.

As you can see his playoff beard is coming along... (he used Rogaine)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad