WCQF Game 7: Golden Knights @ Sharks - 7:00pm PDT| NBCSN,SN,TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebigbea

Jun 14, 2011
Wonder if Thornton, burns and karlsson have anything left the next round, they can hardly skate out there

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Have you met Ilya Bryzgalov?
upload_2019-4-24_1-35-40.png

Bryz
upload_2019-4-24_1-35-20.png

Jones
upload_2019-4-24_1-36-2.png

Yike Bryz was absolutely brutal hahaha

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
No, of course not. But the excuse in game 2 was that the goaltender interference goal call back/penalty prevented San Jose from getting back in the game. Surely the logic cuts both ways, no?

Yeah, I've said a few times vegas got absolutely jobbed. But it was still much more of a meltdown on the players side this time.

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Love all the crying about that 5 minute major. Maybe don’t slam people down on the ice? It’s not like Vegas wasn’t getting the calls to go their way.

Besides how anyone can blame the refs is ridiculous. They were up 3-1 in the series and 3-0 in this game, they did it to themselves.

If that happened to the Flyers and let’s say Joe Pavelski is Sidney Crosby instead, you’re going to have that same mentality?

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
At least we get more playoff Meier.

Still not over just how dangerous he was out there every shift.

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
I’ve never found him to be likable. Is he a HOF? Sure. But, he was stripped of the C for a reason and he’s always seemed like a prick to me. San Jose has had like 0 success.
I personally have always wished the best for him. Definitely one guy id like to see, before he retires, with a cup ring

Reactions: Doothpick

Avs425

Colorado MacKinnon
Jun 3, 2014
Saskatchewan
Love all the crying about that 5 minute major. Maybe don’t slam people down on the ice? It’s not like Vegas wasn’t getting the calls to go their way.

Besides how anyone can blame the refs is ridiculous. They were up 3-1 in the series and 3-0 in this game, they did it to themselves.
But the guy that got kicked out didn't slam anybody to the ice.

I get the point that Vegas failed to close this out and that's on them, but this game was all over until that horrendous call.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Yeah, I've said a few times vegas got absolutely jobbed. But it was still much more of a meltdown on the players side this time.
Right but I'm just gonna take the words out of Sharks fans mouths again, it's the opportunity that matters. If that was a 2 minute minor as it should have been, it's unlikely San Jose scores enough to even tie it let alone take the lead.

We can wax poetic about Game 2 all we want, this was the worse call.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
Right but I'm just gonna take the words out of Sharks fans mouths again, it's the opportunity that matters. If that was a 2 minute minor as it should have been, it's unlikely San Jose scores enough to even tie it let alone take the lead.

We can wax poetic about Game 2 all we want, this was the worse call.

This call had a worse impact, for sure. I don't know if it was more or less correct (neither were penalties). Also --- it's harder to blame the refs here because the game was not close, i.e., they probably didn't think they would have impacted the game.

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Wonder if Thornton, burns and karlsson have anything left the next round, they can hardly skate out there

I think Colorado takes it in 5. Nathan just has too much damn speed and power for that injured D-core to handle. Debour cant ride a crippled EK and Burns 30 minutes a night and expect to come out on top against an extremely hot first line.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
For sure but that single event should have been over after the first goal. Honestly could care less who won, but Vegas was robbed hard one that. If the game was 3-0 at that point, no chnace they make that call

Do you mean if it was NOT 3-0 ? Because it was?

Anyway I'm a neutral fan so I just enjoyed the clusterf*** that this game was (10mins in the 3rd and forward) and the exciting finish.
I agree that the penalty was not deserved. Freak accident but the NHL punishes the end result and not the action unfortunately and the end result was a bloodied, shaken Pavelski who needed urgent medical care so the ref called a major :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad