GDT: WCQF Game 6: Jets @ Blues l 6pm CT (FSMW, NBCSN) l Home Cookin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I'm so confused. I am reading that we are going on to the 2nd round. But all the board pundits said it was over after we lost game 3 or 4. How could we possibly come back and when a series when we were so outclassed in a single game? Or how could Schwartz score 3 when his career was over? So confusing. I guess the answer is half y'all don't know wtf your talking about 90% of the time.

Way to go Blues!!!!!!! Congrats to all the True Blues fans on the board.
This is just stupid. I usually agree with most of your level headed posting but it's an emotional fanbase use to losing, especially in big moments. Most of the series the Blues looked like they were barely getting by.

The bolded is absolutely wrong, doubting the team doesn't make you any less of a fan. Unless someone literally stops being a fan and jumping to another team, they're a Blues fan.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
This is just stupid. I usually agree with most of your level headed posting but it's an emotional fanbase use to losing, especially in big moments. Most of the series the Blues looked like they were barely getting by.

The bolded is absolutely wrong, doubting the team doesn't make you any less of a fan. Unless someone literally stops being a fan and jumping to another team, they're a Blues fan.

Well said.

Reactions: OSA and STL BLUES

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010

I mean...

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
While there are plenty of takeaways from this game, my main one is the moment Jaden calmly took the puck and went to the center lane that got opened and waited for the opening instead of just shooting was the moment I was confident Jaden was 100% back. Cold blooded play.

Honeycutt

Jan 18, 2010
While there are plenty of takeaways from this game, my main one is the moment Jaden calmly took the puck and went to the center lane that got opened and waited for the opening instead of just shooting was the moment I was confident Jaden was 100% back. Cold blooded play.

Yup he is back, we have a pretty fierce top 6!

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Was there someone who did? I've got the usual suspects ignored....

giphy.gif

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

Many posters on here gave up when the series was tied, trashed the team's players with insulting names, literally hoped for bad things to happen so they could be proven right or complain some more, threatened to quit following the team, and post 20x more often when we are losing than winning. None of that is being a fan. I can see having doubts, but to complete give up all hope? Part of being a fan is having that tiny flame of hope that never dies no matter how bad things get.

Edit: If you have the usual posters ignored that may be why. I am not talking about people like you who were disappointed after Game 3 or 4, or who even thought the Blues likely to lose the series. I mean the ones who 100% completely gave up and posted 50+ times about how bad we were in over the next couple days.

illininer

Apr 30, 2014
Illinois
Think it is huge that we were able to get out in 6, relatively unscathed. I was worried after the first 2 games, that Winnipeg was going to destroy us physically with the way they were hitting and how games with them always seemed to go the last couple years. Thought even if we won the series, we'd likely be down a guy or two.

Thought it hurt us a couple years ago when we got by Chicago. The 7 games and the physicality cost us as the playoffs went on and eventually sputtered out against San Jose. Now it seems like we should be relatively fresh under the circumstances, going into the second round. Hopefully Nashville/Dallas wear themselves out nicely in game 6/possibly 7.

HellebuyckOurSaviour

Apr 8, 2014
Winnipeg
Big Jets fan here, gotta say you guys really deserved that series win. I rememeber in january and you guys werent even anywhere to be seen, all of a sudden you look in the first week of April and it was like wtf??? the Blues are only 4 points back of us haha hope you guys continue the solid play from forwards to defense to goalie. Please beat Nashville if you guys have to somehow play them. And if somehow and i hope not have to play the Leafs in the final, ill def be cheering for you guys. All the best from the second round on.

SanFranBluesFan

Apr 16, 2017

Way to make yourself feel better, you're still wrong though. There are ups and downs, we have lost a lot, doesn't translate to being cursed or this year though

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Many posters on here gave up when the series was tied, trashed the team's players with insulting names, literally hoped for bad things to happen so they could be proven right or complain some more, threatened to quit following the team, and post 20x more often when we are losing than winning. None of that is being a fan. I can see having doubts, but to complete give up all hope? Part of being a fan is having that tiny flame of hope that never dies no matter how bad things get.
I might just have them ignored. Lol

Apologies if my reply was too defensive. I thought it was over after game 4. I was wrong and happily admit it.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Congrats on the series win Blues fans. Ballpark village looked good! Can’t wait to visit in August. Good luck the rest of the way. Super happy for Jaden Schwartz with his sister passing away and all. Hear from buddies he a super nice guy glad he turned it around. Best of luck the rest of the way!

Also it was hilarious how you turned that you look nervous chant on us.

Blues fans - congratulations.

Please take it all the way to the cup final! One of my favourite story lines this season is how the team changed from bottom...now take it to the top!

Why would I cheer on the team that just took us out?

Well
1) I dislike every other western Conference team lol

2) a lot of your fans cheered us on last year

3) the team that beat us better be the one that takes it to finals!

4) blues fans have suffered long enough! Y'all are due and this year it's anyone's cup

5) and Schwartz....tough guy. He's had a tough year and he deserves it.

Congratulations Blues fans. Good luck St. Louis on your quest for the Stanley Cup!

:jets

Congrats guys, good luck the rest of the way.

Congrats St. Louis. good luck for the rest of the playoff.

Congrats fellas, St. Louis definitely deserved that win. Good luck the rest of the way.

I'm a Blues fan first, but the Jets have always been a favorite of mine, so thank you so much for the courteous wishes. And in the end, I believe that there is something both the Jets and Blues fanbases can unite over, even after today's game:

Real HFBoards Meme.png

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Good luck Blues. Hopefully Binnington is the goalie you’ve been looking for, for a while. I’ll be rooting for you guys the rest of the way.

Hopefully this gets the gears turning on a Maurice firing, but somehow I doubt it.

We’ll get you next time ;)

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I'm so confused. I am reading that we are going on to the 2nd round. But all the board pundits said it was over after we lost game 3 or 4. How could we possibly come back and when a series when we were so outclassed in a single game? Or how could Schwartz score 3 when his career was over? So confusing. I guess the answer is half y'all don't know wtf your talking about 90% of the time.

Way to go Blues!!!!!!! Congrats to all the True Blues fans on the board.
It's almost like after 52 years of futility, you shouldn't exactly be shocked or mad when Blues fans are negative.

Edit: just read your other post, maybe I misunderstood.

I vent about the team for sure, but I still watch every game and root for them. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad