GDT: WCQF Game 6: Jets @ Blues l 6pm CT (FSMW, NBCSN) l Home Cookin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Post-game audio:

Players: Binnington, Maroon, Pietrangelo.

Coach Berube scrum topics: On the Blues keeping things rolling from game 5. Did the first shift set the tone? What has gotten into Jaden Schwartz? How close was this to the game he would have scripted? What makes Schwartz and Schenn click so well together? What did Binnington show him this series? What's one thing this series has showed him about his team that he likes? Limiting the Jets to six shots through 2 periods. How proud he is of this Blues team. How important was it to avoid game 7? Having a few days before the 2nd round begins, pros and cons.

To listen click here.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Blues fans I am on your bandwagon and I have to ask about Fabbri...I saw that break away and it looked like he has pretty good speed....is he starting to come around for you guys? What a massive pick up going forward if he comes back to what he is.....anyways...congrats....

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
Post-game audio:

Players: Binnington, Maroon, Pietrangelo.

Coach Berube scrum topics: On the Blues keeping things rolling from game 5. Did the first shift set the tone? What has gotten into Jaden Schwartz? How close was this to the game he would have scripted? What makes Schwartz and Schenn click so well together? What did Binnington show him this series? What's one thing this series has showed him about his team that he likes? Limiting the Jets to six shots through 2 periods. How proud he is of this Blues team. How important was it to avoid game 7? Having a few days before the 2nd round begins, pros and cons.

To listen click here.

Not to be redundant, but Illegal Curve has become my Saturday Afternoon podcast, every week, so appreciate the coverage you give to the Jets and the NHL.

Reactions: OSA and ICdave

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
Blues fans I am on your bandwagon and I have to ask about Fabbri...I saw that break away and it looked like he has pretty good speed....is he starting to come around for you guys? What a massive pick up going forward if he comes back to what he is.....anyways...congrats....
I think a lot of us our tempering our expectations because of his injury history and how much time he missed, but he is noticeable on the ice again which is good. He was having a hard time getting and staying in the lineup down the stretch of the season, but his hands and his head are catching up to his feet again and it's only a matter of time until he pots one. He has a pest like quality to his game when he's at his best to go with his skill. Hopefully we see that guy in round 2.

HolyJumpin

Sep 30, 2016
Great game for the Blues, their ability to persevere in the face of adversity and to dominate without taking the foot off the gas really excites me. They haven't looked like this since I've been watching them play. Pivotal line swap by Berube. For the folks that are concerned about ROR and Tarasenko, I'd be more excited about them than nervous. Jets played a HARD matchup against that line. After Schwartz has broken loose I'd imagine teams will be picking their poison of who to put their top defenders up against. Blues are a wagon.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Did anyone else listen to the radio broadcast? They let slip in the postgame show about Blues players nursing injuries. My bracket has the Blues > Stars because I figured Dallas would be injury riddled after Nashville (still possible), but after hearing the injury SITREP I'm not so sure the Blues will be healthy enough to beat them.
I assume every team has injuries at this point. Was there anything specific mentioned?

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis

He's been noticeably better ever since the last two games in the regular season against the Flyers and Canucks (the latter game stuck out to me especially) and he's been even better than that since he's been inserted into the playoff lineup.

I wish he would have buried the breakaway, but I doubt that'll be his last chance if he plays like that again. Our 4th line can be a third line for most rosters (Fabbri-Barbashev-Steen).

I'm being optimistic, but I think (HOPE) he's back. :yo:

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I'm so confused. I am reading that we are going on to the 2nd round. But all the board pundits said it was over after we lost game 3 or 4. How could we possibly come back and win a series when we were so outclassed in a single game? Or how could Schwartz score 3 when his career was over? So confusing. I guess the answer is half y'all don't know wtf your talking about 90% of the time.

Way to go Blues!!!!!!! Congrats to all the True Blues fans on the board.
I must agree that there are some posters who seem to put being proven right as more important than the Blues actually winning.

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
That must be the most satisfying two playoff wins in a row I've ever seen from the Blues! O'Rielly has come on and Schwartz and Schenn are on fire and Jordan Binnington is our ultimate secrete weapon! This is a cup contending lineup. I just can't believe it.

It was like we got vintage Fabbri and vintage Schwartz in the same night. So happy for Schwartzie!!!:yo:

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Now ended watching game. We dominate Jets all the way. That 2ND powerplay unite is clearly better then 1St, too easy to predict what 1St unite do. Every shot what se try comes from Tarasenko.

Loved when criwd chant 'are you nervous'? Can somebody make a clip from that + Stillman's relief and fistpump after we won was priceless.

A Real Barn Burner

Apr 25, 2016
Now ended watching game. We dominate Jets all the way. That 2ND powerplay unite is clearly better then 1St, too easy to predict what 1St unite do. Every shot what se try comes from Tarasenko.

Loved when criwd chant 'are you nervous'? Can somebody make a clip from that + Stillman's relief and fistpump after we won was priceless.

I would like to see some changes to first PP unit, first change would be making them the second unit. Then figure out who has the best one timer on the team and set them up on the left side dots across from tank please.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Fabbri's concern was physical and his knee. Last night should have squashed those concerns. Petro mentioned multiple times that Fabbri was lights out in his 2 games. When he gets his touch back, hell be a huge boost.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
I think it's pretty crazy that we didn't have to rely on Tarasenko to be a game breaker to win the series. Just imagine if he heats up against our next opponent which btw no matter who it is he's been known to be fire against either of them.

Reactions: DoubleK81

HolyJumpin

Sep 30, 2016
Also don't think Maroon interfered with Hellapucks. Maroon gets shoved by a defender, then pushed (while in the white) by CH. CH then drags him into the blue with him and Maroon is trying to get free as much as possible. Maroon also rotates away from CH in order to get back into the play.

Reactions: PiggySmalls

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013

Agree that pp2 looks better than pp1. I think Dunn is simply better than Petro on the pp. much more mobile. More aggressive instincts. Pulls trigger on passing, skating and shooting instantaneously.

Reactions: Ranksu

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Fabbri is back in and looking pretty damn good. He's relatively fresh having been rotated in just recently and didn't play much down the stretch either. Sanford and MacMac are available as well so there are options if any of those guys with more serious injuries need an extended break that would go past Thursday. Not sure of Bortuzzo's status but Sundqvist got drilled by Buff into the goal post in the waning moments of Game 5 so that limp is something he already played an entire game on.
If only Fabbri were healthy enough to pick up his man defensively and not watch him score Jets first goal.

Reactions: The Note in MI

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Also don't think Maroon interfered with Hellapucks. Maroon gets shoved by a defender, then pushed (while in the white) by CH. CH then drags him into the blue with him and Maroon is trying to get free as much as possible. Maroon also rotates away from CH in order to get back into the play.

We cannot tell from the clip if he interfered or not. The initial contact was absolutely a push, but something grabbed Hellebuyck's glove. Did Maroon's stick just unintentionally catch it funny? If so, that;s not goalie interference. But if Maroon grabbed it and held on, that is absolutely goalie interference no matter how much he was pushed into Helle. I don't think the replay can possibly show which.

I would like to see some changes to first PP unit, first change would be making them the second unit. Then figure out who has the best one timer on the team and set them up on the left side dots across from tank please.

Why take Tarasenko off of PP1? They might not be utilizing him most effectively in the current set-up, but he is still our most dangerous offensive threat. Don't take him off the ice, put him in a position to be more effective. What position is that....ummm...I defer to Coach Easton to unveil our new PP strategy. If pressed, I'd say have him on the right boards in a 1-3-1 set-up with Dunn on the point but I definitely would defer to others when it comes to x's and o's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad