GDT: WCQF GAME #6: Canucks vs. Blues | 6:45 p.m. PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
i don’t think that bracket accounts for reseeding
Because we are the lowest seed, thus we play the highest seed. (Vegas) Each round re-seeds. If it was a standard bracket, without re-seeding our series should have been right under Vegas/Chicago.. #1 and #4 in the top half and #2 and #3 in the bottom...

Ahh gotcha, thats rough

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
Am I missing something why is Dallas vs. Colorado and Vegas vs us or StL?? The bracket on NHL website literally has winner of our series vs winner of Dallas Calgary

Thats f***ing brutal if thats the case, we could end up having to face Blues > Knights > Avs which would be insane

Thats going to be awesome man!

Imagine the growth, experience and development we will get out of all those big games.

You cant gain these in the regular season. This is so valuable for our core to be going through at a young time in their careers.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
I don’t think it’s any secret at this point that this team is in extremely tough from here on out. We match up horribly vs. VGK and I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t win a single game.

However, the simple fact that we are in the position to knock out the defending champs in less than 7 games is a massive win for this core. If they can pull this off, the experience and momentum that will be gained is invaluable. Carrying that confidence forward is our only real chance at pulling an upset in the next round.

But let’s be clear: this is far from over. This Blues team is going to come out even harder than they did in Games 3 and 4. We need to close this out ASAP, because going to 7 games and suffering even one more core injury will be enough to cripple our depth.

The boys need to be hungry and treat this as a must-win game, just like Game 5.

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
St Louis is going to come out of the gate like they were shot out of the cannon.

1st period is going to be the decider.

Weather the storm, hope they use up all their gas then take over.

Rope a Dope

Four things make a series, two pairs are related: scouting, adjusting; fatigue, injuries.

Game four for example, the Canucks were bagged. Game 5 the Blues were bagged.

There was scouting on Markstrom to shoot blocker side from bad angles. Markstrom adjusted and has only let one of those in this series - that was last game. He immediately adjusted by doing things like not allowing passed from behind the net and keeping the broad side of his stick on the ice.

Binnington has been heavily scouted all year because of the Cup. He's also young and experience counts more on D and in net. Bring in Allen who is not as well scouted. Now we have two games on him and it's clear he's been well scouted after watching last game. Advantage lost.

The Blues were letting the shot go from the outside and keeping the Canucks from going to the front in game 4. That was corrected in game 5.

The Blues are dangerous with their size and like to run you in the corners. That kind of play wears both sides out and it showed much more in the Blues than the Canucks possibly because our stars are kids in spite of their smurf size proportions.

Boeser is clearly hurting. I've seen him fall once and catch himself from falling. He's also quite a bit slower. Blues have targeted him and the rest of our star players. EP40 is a genius who knows how to adjust. Huggy Bear is contained but clearly not 100%. Horvat and Boeser are dangerous and have to be contained. In comes Virtannen and Motte of all people. Sutter has been dangerous. We seem to have enough depth that they can't contain everyone.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
If we lose today and win game 7 on Sunday, it might be that we play on Monday vs Vegas on a back to back... That sounds stupid as f***.

Anyways, getting ahead of myself here. Go Canucks!

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Put Schenn on his ass early. Guy has unfortunately had a massive impact in keeping the Blues alive by scoring key goals and injuring Myers. If you can stand up to him physically and not let him run around throwing charges, it will do a lot in nullifying his impact.

Not much you can do about ROR but try to keep the puck as far away from him as possible at all times.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Edler has been on the ice for 11 of the 14 goals the Blues have scored, 80% of the time. I’m glad he’s back in but should get reduced ice time as Fantenberg and Benn have been solid. Edler & Stecher pair should also be split up like last game.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
If we lose today and win game 7 on Sunday, it might be that we play on Monday vs Vegas on a back to back... That sounds stupid as f***.

Anyways, getting ahead of myself here. Go Canucks!
That’s why you want to win in 4-5 games instead of 7

I’d have no issue with that, if it happened

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I'm getting bad vibes from tonight's contest....maybe it's still a long hangover from the Canucks appearance in Boston in '011 Cup final. Up 2-0 in the series, Luongo and the Cancuks got blitzed in Beantown.

One thing's for certain. Blues will throw everything but the kitchen sink at Markstrom in this one. He'll have to be even better than he was in game #5, it that's possible.

The key to ending this series tonight is the pp. The special teams battle will probably decide it.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
6 1/2 hours to go.
Feels like it'll never get here. Having a day off between games again should help the guys, especially Marky.

1) play like we did latter half of 2nd period
2) knuckle down on any pp we get blessed with
3) MARKYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

drivier

Apr 30, 2009
Vancouver
The fact that a team has to play 7 games is already a severe penalty, if the next opponent plays less. Adding a back to back to that is crazy

Then get a higher seed... dominate the lower seed... and earn the advantage?

But here's the ANTI-JINX - no one cares about the next round. No Canucks fan is looking beyond tonight. Tonight is all that matters.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
4-1 Blues. Refs call multiple penalties early leading to the Blues getting 2 goals. Blues get another PP goal in the 2nd then a 5v5 goal.

Refs finally give the Canucks their first PP with 4 min to go in the 3rd where they get a garbage time goal.

Schenn blindsides Hughes at the end of the game. The refs look directly at Hughes and tells him to get up.

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
If we win, we win tonight. I do not want to play Sunday while Vegas is resting and preparing.

Rooting hard for my Canucks tonight. Let's kill the champs.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I wish you good fortune in the wars to come.

Seriously, get them, boys! :cool:

- Habs fan

Would be excellent if we could finish off that quote tonight.

a5619785ee358d1ae8753f4de7cf454d.jpg

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
I'm getting bad vibes from tonight's contest....maybe it's still a long hangover from the Canucks appearance in Boston in '011 Cup final. Up 2-0 in the series, Luongo and the Cancuks got blitzed in Beantown.

One thing's for certain. Blues will throw everything but the kitchen sink at Markstrom in this one. He'll have to be even better than he was in game #5, it that's possible.

The key to ending this series tonight is the pp. The special teams battle will probably decide it.

Mercifully it seems like Marky is no Lou in that regard, at least not so far. If the refs call a dozen penalties I think we're screwed; if they call 3 or 4 we will win IMHO...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille