Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
giphy.gif

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
I think the scuttlebutt on Toffoli was he would not be available until Game 7 at the earliest, and Myers is done for this series.

Green was being cagey on Edler playing when asked yesterday, but Edler's teammates were all saying he'd be good to go. Who really knows, though.

Just saw the post game high fives after game 5, Myers did not move his left arm or shoulder at all. He is probably close to week to week than day to day. Id be shocked if he was available for round 2 if we make it there.

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
St Louis is going to come out of the gate like they were shot out of the cannon.

1st period is going to be the decider.

Weather the storm, hope they use up all their gas then take over.

Rope a Dope

Reactions: Ginger Papa

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
Parayko=Overrated

If AP leaves in the winter the Blues Dcore will be exposed.

Last edited:

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
Just saw the post game high fives after game 5, Myers did not move his left arm or shoulder at all. He is probably close to week to week than day to day. Id be shocked if he was available for round 2 if we make it there.

That's a whole lot of assumptions.

When an athlete is healing from an injury and they are told to not move their shoulder/arm/whatever until it heals.

That's what they do. I wouldn't read that much into it unless it was in a cast, brace, etc.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
No gym for me today, it’s closed due to maintenance.

Taking one for the team.
source.gif

St Louis is going to come out of the gate like they were shot out of the cannon.

1st period is going to be the decider.

Weather the storm, hope they use up all their gas then take over.

Rope a Dope

We can handle it
MedicalSpeedyLemming-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
Alright, a writing prompt — complete the following sentence

The last time the Canucks won a playoff round, I _________

(this year's play-in versus Minnesota doesn't count)

I believe the last time was summer 2011. I watched the Nucks closely after another president trophy, staying up late in my new home in Switzerland. After they won the first round I made plans to go to Vancouver. After the second round, I bought tickets to game 5. All in must have been more than a 10k trip to have my heart ripped out. At least we won the game I attended. It was a nail biter

edit: and then we rioted...

but things are very different this time around. We are the underdogs getting experience with a new young core. Only year 2 and Pettersson and Hughes are way ahead of the Sedins at the same point. I have faith. Go Canucks Go

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
You can bet that St Louis will come out guns a blazing'...It will most likely be a scenario of the Canucks trying to weather the storm in the early going....The key is,.. is to keep the score close ..The Blues are not going to blow a 2-3 goal lead every game.

Again, the Canucks have to avoid letting the Blues set up in our own end, .. allowing them to play that half court ,'heavy' game..(game #4)..Thats a killer...Canucks are a better skating team , and have to use that to their advantage..(game #5).

Be interesting to see if Toffoli comes in this game.?.In game #1 in the Minny series , he was anonymous (as were the rest of the top 6)...likely injured at that time.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Am I missing something why is Dallas vs. Colorado and Vegas vs us or StL?? The bracket on NHL website literally has winner of our series vs winner of Dallas Calgary

Thats f***ing brutal if thats the case, we could end up having to face Blues > Knights > Avs which would be insane

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
Am I missing something why is Dallas vs. Colorado and Vegas vs us or StL?? The bracket on NHL website literally has winner of our series vs winner of Dallas Calgary

Thats f***ing brutal if thats the case, we could end up having to face Blues > Knights > Avs which would be insane

Somebody started the game on Hardmode.

VanCanFanEDM

Mar 22, 2004
Edmonton

Because we are the lowest seed, thus we play the highest seed. (Vegas) Each round re-seeds. If it was a standard bracket, without re-seeding our series should have been right under Vegas/Chicago.. #1 and #4 in the top half and #2 and #3 in the bottom...

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland

i don’t think that bracket accounts for reseeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: