GDT: WCQF Game 5 | Detroit @ Anaheim | 10:00 PM EST | FSD / NBCSN / TSN / PRIME

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I know people won't want to hear this, but I think Datsyuk and Zetterberg will have more space when Abdelkader returns. They had a lot less of it these past two games, even if Sammy does score. They get worn down doing a lot of the battling he does for that line.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
This has been a fun series to watch, but these two teams are drawing dead into the next round. I see no way Anaheim handles either St. Louis or Los Angeles, in fact I think we have a better chance against Chicago should that happen.

why are people mentioning next series against Chicago?????????????????? we are down 3-2, teams in this situation lose 87% of the time...why even mention net series against Chicago? There is no such thing as next series against Chicago unless we somehow win 2 games in a row, which is extremely unlikely to happen?

Datstromberg

Nov 12, 2007
the sloppy power play strikes again. story of the season. i wont let myself get disappointed this team was lucky to even get into the playoffs. if they can just ****ing stay healthy next season they should be a fun team to watch. top 3 in the east?

CloneHakanPlease*

I know people won't want to hear this, but I think Datsyuk and Zetterberg will have more space when Abdelkader returns. They had a lot less of it these past two games, even if Sammy does score. They get worn down doing a lot of the battling he does for that line.

Yup. I've been a big Abdelkader critic but honestly the weeks leading up to the playoffs he was playing his role very well.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Y'all are silly. Game is over. Plenty of blame to go around. It's so frustrating how well Flip used to play in the playoffs at times and now? Invisible, ineffective and soft.

Good night Gents!

RedWingsNow*

Think that all you want.

I'd put Bert on line one.

Put Abs as fourth line center.

How many more goals do we need to watch Emmerton cause?

Last edited by a moderator:

pdd

Feb 7, 2010
I don't know man. It's possible. But it would be very difficult and the Wings would have to get a lot of puck luck. Ducks are up 3-2 and Getzlaf, Perry and Ryan have been relatively quiet on the score card.

The Ducks would have lost 2-1 if not for Getzlaf making a huge play to draw a penalty (which killed a Wings power play) and the following it up Getzlaf scored a goal on the Ducks PP.

That sequence was the reason the Ducks won.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
Really? Nyquist stands there and let's his guy go unimpeded to the net and it's a lesser part? Watch the replay before Lashoff screws up (which he does). That is a SERIOUSLY weak play by Nyquist.

really the ducks player was going to the net free? Did you happen to forget Lashoff was right there next to goalie blocking his path in front of the net?

Nyquist was blocking the pass which was correct play except in this case the puck jumped up.

I love how you capitalize seriously btw.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
why are people mentioning next series against Chicago?????????????????? we are down 3-2, teams in this situation lose 87% of the time...why even mention net series against Chicago? There is no such thing as next series against Chicago unless we somehow win 2 games in a row, which is extremely unlikely to happen?
its called confidence

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
How do you guys think we will do next round against Chicago? i reall think we will make a series out of it, and make it go at least 6 or 7, maybe even pulling off an upset.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Subpar job, but it's Bad Luck Brian

MAkhkKH.png

pdd

Feb 7, 2010
Think that all you want.

There's no law against thinking ludicrous thoughts

I'd put Bert on line one.

Put Abs as fourth line center.

How many more goals do we need to watch Emmerton cause?

I find it amusing that you say this after a game where the OT winner was scored by Joakim Andersson's man, and Andersson attempted to and failed to properly lift his stick to prevent him from receiving the puck.

I don't expect you to seriously take into account what I've said, as you have your opinions carved into stone and that is that.

vladdy16

Aug 2, 2005
Y'all are silly. Game is over. Plenty of blame to go around. It's so frustrating how well Flip used to play in the playoffs at times and now? Invisible, ineffective and soft.

Good night Gents!

Again, in my eyes, that's coaching. Flip was the most reliable #3 center you could ask for. Coaches couldn't identify their talent, or were overconfident in their abilities to mold a player.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

I was far from forceful with it, was more pointing out I don't like either of these teams chances in the next round.

How do you guys think we will do next round against Chicago? i reall think we will make a series out of it, and make it go at least 6 or 7, maybe even pulling off an upset.

Um.... Did you forget the :sarcasm:

Cursed Lemon

Registered Bruiser
Nov 10, 2011
Dey-Twah, MI
Worst players on the ice tonight were Flip, Cleary, and Lashoff, perhaps with a side of Zetterberg if only for just not making anything happen.

Cleary continues to turn the puck over EVERY TIME HE GETS IT, Lashoff is unreliable, and Flip literally did nothing with his time on the ice. Kindl didn't have the best game.

Pavs, Gus, and Howard were on their game. Bertuzzi and Zetterberg did good jobs playing keepaway but didn't make much happen.

Ericsson was solid tonight, Smith played alright save for a few mistakes.

RedWingsNow*

I find it amusing that you say this after a game where the OT winner was scored by Joakim Andersson's man, and Andersson attempted to and failed to properly lift his stick to prevent him from receiving the puck.

I don't expect you to seriously take into account what I've said, as you have your opinions carved into stone and that is that.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Where do people come up with this nonsense?
What is my "carved in stone opinion about Emmerton?"

Does anyone remember earlier this season when everyone was ******** on Emmerton and I said he looked good and that he's got more game than people give him credit for, and that he could carve a Greg Johnson type career if he can improve faceoffs?

Well guess what -- they have two goals on Emmerton faceoffs this series.
Emmerton is -3 in 5 games, playing 11 minutes a night. He's also been on for 2 PPGA.
Emmerton has won 38 percent of faceoffs

And while I'm no fan of Andersson, really (-1 + 4 PPGA), Joakim at least has 2 assists and been part of a functioning line, and won 51 percent of faceoffs

(FRANZEN is -4 by the way...:amazed:)

RedWingsNow*

I don't believe in God... but if I did, I'd say that God made Eaves cough up the puck with Smith on the 5 minute PP at the same time Cleary decided he felt better and was good to go for the rest of night

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool.. If you would like a good laugh, go look at Filppula's time on ice and then Pavel's time on ice. It's comical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad