GDT: WCQF Game 5 | Detroit @ Anaheim | 10:00 PM EST | FSD / NBCSN / TSN / PRIME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
There's plenty of blame to go around on that one and Nyquist deserves a healthy portion of that blame for standing still and letting the guy walk around him... that required Lashoff to leave the front of the net to try what he could and he couldn't tie him up or lay the body... Lashoff leaving the guy in front of the net caused a split second of confusion as to who was going to cover him, where the pass was going and Andersson couldn't get the stick tied up of the OTHER guy who eventually scored the goal.

sure you just forgot to mention how Lash got beat like a pylon.

you really think letting a forward go behind the net is more dangerous than getting beat right next to the net?

btw please state one positive thing Lashoff did this game. I'll give you one positive thing Nyquist did. I can do this all night.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Lashoff never had to leave the front of the net! There was absolutely no reason for him to be on the wrong side of the goal line. Watch the replay. It was a horrible read and then on top of it he got beat like a child.

There were two Ducks near the crease and three Red Wings. Now, I was wrong to use the word "required", I'm sorry about that. But I can understand why Lashoff thought it would be more useful for him to prevent the guy from stepping out to the net unchallenged. Did it work? Obviously not. But hindsight being 20/20 and all....

CloneHakanPlease*

At this point I think I'd rather have Flipper the Dolphin flopping around on the ice instead of Flip #51. He needs to drop his purse for the next game.

I'm honestly getting mild anxiety attacks of the prospect of Holland opening up Illitch's checkbook for Filppula.

Geki

Jul 2, 2003
Visit site
Lashoff never had to leave the front of the net! There was absolutely no reason for him to be on the wrong side of the goal line. Watch the replay. It was a horrible read and then on top of it he got beat like a child.

That's the case with all of our d, they simply chase the puck, or look bewildered or a combination of both, at all times.

vladdy16

Aug 2, 2005
It's just really strange to see a guy learning on the fly in the playoffs to such a large degree, I can't really explain it. Don't blame Lashoff at all. He's shown he has a decent skillset for man to man coverage, and obviously he just doesn't have the experience needed to not be a constant liability. It's the coaching aspect that is baffleing.

RedWingsNow*

Nyquist got beat when the puck bobbled... Lashoff got beat by leaving the front of the net to go after the player who was behind the goal line. That was more on Lashoff not being a NHL player than anything.

Only you would attempt to put that all on Nyquist.

You hate when people criticize terrible players like Cleary and Lashoff, yet love attempting to pounce on any potential mistake by players like Datsyuk and Nyquist. Hilarious.

He's right in this instance though...
when you watch the sequence, as the puck shifted sides... Kindl went to the middle of the ice... the ducks in front were covered. So Kindl floated about 10 feet higher to cover another Duck... Then when Lovejoy jumps in and beats Nyquist, now we've got a mismatch... Lashoff goes after Lovejoy... Kindl tries to get back into the play to take his man, but it goes to the other guy. and Andersson takes neither of the two guys, and Bonino scores

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Nyquist had one debatable screw up.

Lashoff had an entire game of fail.

What the **** people? Jesus Christ.

Did I say that? AM I SAYING LASHOFF HAD A GOOD GAME? Where did I say that? Where did I say Nyquist was awful all game? Stop hearing what you want to hear and LISTEN and stop putting words in my mouth!

Yzerman1919*

Feb 10, 2013
I'm honestly getting mild anxiety attacks of the prospect of Holland opening up Illitch's checkbook for Filppula.

That guy doesn't deserve more than 3 mil a year...how bout a body check? or like going to the middle of the ice and driving the net? sickening

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Bonino doesn't even sound like a hockey name. Shame on the Red Wings for letting this cat score three goals this series. Important ones to boot.

RedWinger10

Feb 11, 2013
And as far a people who say "look, we're not winning the cup this year that's why Lashoff is playing." Yeah let's just throw the playoff series by playing a guy who didn't even prove himself in the regular season. Are you thick in the head? This is the Detroit Red Wings not a D-League team. THEY NEED TO PROVE THEMSELVES IN THE REGULAR SEASON BEFORE THEY GET TO PLAY ON THE PLAYOFFS. It's called COMMON SENSE!!!

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Frustrating loss, especially after a pretty solid 2nd period. As soon as Getzlaf scored that goal late I knew it was over.

Oh well. We'll get the win on Friday...hopefully the young guys keep making good plays for chances.

But again Carlo or White in is a must. We're not getting past the Ducks if Lashoff keeps playing. Guy just sucks and it's astonishing he is still playing...

And where is Flip? I think he has been noticeable once this entire series.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
Nyquist was the wings best player tonight. He made one mistake that cost his team a goal. It happens.

This ducks team is very beatable. Wings could very easily come back and win the next 2 games

RedWingsNow*

Regardless --- It's going to tough sledding for people who defend Mike Babcock for a living.

For one, our offense looks much more crisp with Abdelkader off the top line (even if Z is still not playing up to snuff).

For two, we're just plain old lucky that Lashoff's mistakes didn't lead to goals tonight. And Lashoff is a Babcock decision.

For three, Babcock's decision to ice his fourth line during the 5 minute powerplay --- led to the penalty that tied this game

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Nyquist was the wings best player tonight. He made one mistake that cost his team a goal. It happens.

This ducks team is very beatable. Wings could very easily come back and win the next 2 games

I don't know man. It's possible. But it would be very difficult and the Wings would have to get a lot of puck luck. Ducks are up 3-2 and Getzlaf, Perry and Ryan have been relatively quiet on the score card.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
I can't stand people that have rose tinted glasses when they look at certain players and can't tolerate a single iota of criticism directed at that player. No one gets a free pass.

Terrible players are terrible because they make terrible plays more often than good/great players.

That's why you hear "Cleary suck" or "Lashoff sucks" constantly. They constantly make plays that are bad.

If Datsyuk or Nyquist were as bad as them then the fans would be on them too.

All you do is whine when people point out the constant mistakes by players like Cleary and Lashoff, then do you best to try and find mistakes by our better players and shout it out so everyone knows. I remember you blaming Datsyuk earlier in the year because Cleary lost a board battle. Just like how you only mention Nyquist on that OT goal against. Just LOL.

Oct 30, 2011

Just need more shots on net earlier in the game. Hiller is shaky

RedWingsNow*

Nyquist made more than one mistake tonight.

And I still think Pavel is the best player on the ice tonight. The way he wins battles is mind boggling

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
This has been a fun series to watch, but these two teams are drawing dead into the next round. I see no way Anaheim handles either St. Louis or Los Angeles, in fact I think we have a better chance against Chicago should that happen.

Chris23JP

May 26, 2008
Michigan
Lashoff just didn't go at the guy the way he should. If you watch the replay (which i watched about 6 times on FSN and feel sick ever time) he totally does some half ass play by turning and sticking his stick out. He thought there was no way that guy would cut back like that.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
the frustrating thing is you just know Lashoff is gonna end up playing the rest of the Playoffs,however long that may be

Babcock is quite literally too stubborn to even consider the possibility of benching him

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
What the **** people? Jesus Christ.

Did I say that? AM I SAYING LASHOFF HAD A GOOD GAME? Where did I say that? Where did I say Nyquist was awful all game? Stop hearing what you want to hear and LISTEN and stop putting words in my mouth!

If Lashoff kept making stupid decision all game long and was a major part of why we lost, it's natural people jump on him.

What is strange is for someone to call out a player who had a very good night specifically while took lesser part in that goal

Last edited:

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
If Lashoff kept making stupid decision all game long and was a major part of why we lost, it's natural people jump on him.

What is strange is for someone to call out a player who had a very good night specifically while took lesser part in that goal. dont be so pissy and defensive.

Really? Nyquist stands there and lets his guy go unimpeded to the net and it's a lesser part? Watch the replay before Lashoff screws up (which he does). That is a SERIOUSLY weak play by Nyquist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->