GDT: WCQF Game 5 | Detroit @ Anaheim | 10:00 PM EST | FSD / NBCSN / TSN / PRIME

Status
Not open for further replies.

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
I'm going to go ahead and guess "never" on this one. In part because I don't think they've even ever been a 7th seed before.
you are correct.

Quincey has been great tonight IMO.
Honestly I've thought the same but I didn't want to post it because of the level of hate for him around here.
agree

quincey played a good game, probably as well as i have seen him play.

kindl lashoff pair was an utter disaster. total train wreck in the defensive zone. i think it was on the 4 on 4 that datsyuk won a clean faceoff, but lashoff and kindl almost let anaheim get it.

i think palmieri's breakaway was off a turnover by lashoff.

Nyquist is easily a top 6 forward. I dunno if I can say the same about Brunner. He has flashes of brilliance... but he takes a LOT of stupid shots off bad angles, makes lots of defensive mistakes, and uses the same deke every time to try to get around guys.

He has a lot to work on, IMO.
agree

nyquist has great potential, and i think is better than brunner.

I'll go with Lashoff for the GWG.
:laugh:

Wings need to score before Lashoff gets a shift or I'm probably going to have a heart attack.
:laugh:

Getting Bert and Sammie back has been huge. Sammy has been good, but Bert has been great on the 4th line. He gives us real depth and a very good 4th line.
they were not bad.

For those of you who love the +/- stat, Lashoff and Kindl are the Wings' only + defensemen tonight.
sample size?? :help:

is Colaiacovo really worse than Lashoff? I do not believe that
colaiacovo is certainly better.

only justification for playing lashoff before colaiacovo is if colaiacovo is injured or something.

Well, at least our future #7 defensemen is getting plenty of experience in key situations. Pretty interesting that a coach so rigidly intolerant of miscues by forwards in regular season games, is willing to sacrifice an entire playoff run to get his guy some good minutes.
yep

Damnit Hudler.
:thumbu:

I know people won't want to hear this, but I think Datsyuk and Zetterberg will have more space when Abdelkader returns. They had a lot less of it these past two games, even if Sammy does score. They get worn down doing a lot of the battling he does for that line.
agree

abdelkader's speed and physicality are useful.

I find it amusing that you say this after a game where the OT winner was scored by Joakim Andersson's man, and Andersson attempted to and failed to properly lift his stick to prevent him from receiving the puck.

I don't expect you to seriously take into account what I've said, as you have your opinions carved into stone and that is that.
andersson also backchecked poorly on getzlaf's goal.

he sort of went toward perry, but then coasted and let perry get to net and covered no one. he should have pressured getzlaf.

andersson and emmerton seem to have decided to form a PK box even though anaheim was on the rush. :sarcasm:

not sure why eaves skated the puck on PP toward the high corner, and then dumped it to smith. he basically created a trap for himself and smith, and it led to a penalty and a GA.

Eastopia

Custom Title User
May 26, 2012
loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool.. If you would like a good laugh, go look at Filppula's time on ice and then Pavel's time on ice. It's comical.

That's probably because he was 61% on FO% while all others, including Datsyuk, were below 50%. Surprising as we've been the better team at FOs this series. Not a good sign.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
This is what sucks about following sports. When we win you see all the potential glory and when we lose the weaknesses are glaring.

This was another even game. Some powerplay's for both, breakaways, chances, great goaltending by Hiller and Howard. We got hemmed in with pressure but then the Wings has some good energy against them as well. It felt like river hockey at times with the 4 on 4's and terrible gap control. Unprofessional, but it made for some fun hockey.

Our D was all over the place tonight, except for Kronwall. Kronwall was intent every pass. Quincey had a few noteworthy defensive plays as well, but I felt Ericsson was off. Kindl had one of his games where he's so nervous, shaky. Smith and Lashoff are barely ok at times but both their tempo is scattered, haphazard. We're scrambling for dear life like a minor league team. Everybody knows now, Lashoff should not be playing for the Detroit Red Wings these playoffs.

Yes I would put Abdelkader back in the 1st line. Although Sammy is looking a little better after 3(?) PO games I've seen him straight up get in Datsyuk's way. Dude is out of the loop. Abbie was a part of us getting into the 2nd season, he's our best hope next game. I love Bert but he is not himself. No way he should be in the top 6 right now.

This game could have been ours but things went the Ducks way. I won't give up hope, we can win the next two games. It would be considered an upset to be victorious but I would love to face the Blackhawks next round. Hard work can trump skill!

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
...andersson also backchecked poorly on getzlaf's goal.

he sort of went toward perry, but then coasted and let perry get to net and covered no one. he should have pressured getzlaf.

andersson and emmerton seem to have decided to form a PK box even though anaheim was on the rush. :sarcasm:

The whole sequence was sickening. Looked like the entire unit kept backing up, backing up. You cannot let a guy walk with that much time into the slot unchallenged. Especially Getzlaf. No one stood up and took him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad