GDT: WCQF Game 5 | Detroit @ Anaheim | 10:00 PM EST | FSD / NBCSN / TSN / PRIME

Status
Not open for further replies.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
"How did Lash get a contract?" is my question. He will pass for an injury call up 6/7 guy, but shouldn't really be in the NHL on a regular basis ever. Makes me worried some youngsters will lose opportunity because of his contract on the books.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Lashoff is an AHL Defenseman. I still blame Babcock for this. We have a powerplay in a 1 goal game and he puts on a bunch of plugs... I wish I had the attitude of "oh well lets get em next game", but realistically, the season is now over.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
It was Nyquist that just let him walk on past to start the whole mess.

Nyquist got beat when the puck bobbled... Lashoff got beat by leaving the front of the net to go after the player who was behind the goal line. That was more on Lashoff not being a NHL player than anything.

Only you would attempt to put that all on Nyquist.

You hate when people criticize terrible players like Cleary and Lashoff, yet love attempting to pounce on any potential mistake by players like Datsyuk and Nyquist. Hilarious.

Dogkota

Mar 27, 2009
Sometimes you just have to sit back and appreciate what a great hockey game you just watched, win or lose. We'll get it back on Friday.

vladdy16

Aug 2, 2005
Well, at least our future #7 defensemen is getting plenty of experience in key situations. Pretty interesting that a coach so rigidly intolerant of miscues by forwards in regular season games, is willing to sacrifice an entire playoff run to get his guy some good minutes.

Chris23JP

May 26, 2008
Michigan
Lashoff was horrible the entire game.

He thought no way that guy was going to cut back to the net like that. Thought he was going to go behind the net and left the lane to the net wide open.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
:laugh: Are you really blaming that on Gus?

There's plenty of blame to go around on that one and Nyquist deserves a healthy portion of that blame for standing still and letting the guy walk around him... that required Lashoff to leave the front of the net to try what he could and he couldn't tie him up or lay the body... Lashoff leaving the guy in front of the net caused a split second of confusion as to who was going to cover him, where the pass was going and Andersson couldn't get the stick tied up of the OTHER guy who eventually scored the goal.

YostisHome

Wet Bandits
May 7, 2010
If you blame Lashoff, you must CC Mike Babcock on that message as well.... the whole world knows he's an average rec league player except Babs and Mr. Kenneth Holland.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Well, at least our future #7 defensemen is getting plenty of experience in key situations. Pretty interesting that a coach so rigidly intolerant of miscues by forwards in regular season games, is willing to sacrifice an entire playoff run to get his guy some good minutes.

Realgud minutes. Realgud.

We didn't lose the game because of Lashoff. He didn't help though. Pretty brutal. We lost because they blew that 5 min PP and didn't capitalize on the quality scoring chances in the 3rd.

Yzerman1919*

Feb 10, 2013
"We like our team" oh yeah kenny you like our defense too you fu**in plug

Howard gave us a chance to steal that game and they blew a 5 minute powerplay, and blew it in overtime

Im spitting fire right now with the steam coming out of my ears too

CloneHakanPlease*

Great to see Lashoff helping create offense at the NHL level. It was for the wrong team, but why bother with semantics?

YostisHome

Wet Bandits
May 7, 2010
In all honesty and seriousness, Brian Lashoff was probably Anaheim's best player tonight

In all honesty and seriousness, Brian Lashoff was probably_____insert opposing teams name_____ best player tonight..... every night

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
There's plenty of blame to go around on that one and Nyquist deserves a healthy portion of that blame for standing still and letting the guy walk around him... that required Lashoff to leave the front of the net to try what he could and he couldn't tie him up or lay the body... Lashoff leaving the guy in front of the net caused a split second of confusion as to who was going to cover him, where the pass was going and Andersson couldn't get the stick tied up of the OTHER guy who eventually scored the goal.

Lashoff never had to leave the front of the net! There was absolutely no reason for him to be on the wrong side of the goal line. Watch the replay. It was a horrible read and then on top of it he got beat like a child.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Nyquist got beat when the puck bobbled... Lashoff got beat by leaving the front of the net to go after the player who was behind the goal line. That was more on Lashoff not being a NHL player than anything.

Only you would attempt to put that all on Nyquist.

You hate when people criticize terrible players like Cleary and Lashoff, yet love attempting to pounce on any potential mistake by players like Datsyuk and Nyquist. Hilarious.

I can't stand people that have rose tinted glasses when they look at certain players and can't tolerate a single iota of criticism directed at that player. No one gets a free pass.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
"How did Lash get a contract?" is my question. He will pass for an injury call up 6/7 guy, but shouldn't really be in the NHL on a regular basis ever. Makes me worried some youngsters will lose opportunity because of his contract on the books.

His contract is below 900K so he can be waived without a problem. Of course that means they would have to do it, but if his play continues like this, he will be put on waivers at some point next season.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
At this point I think I'd rather have Flipper the Dolphin flopping around on the ice instead of Flip #51. He needs to drop his purse for the next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad