GDT: WCQF game 4 - Sharks @ Knights 7:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharksFan1

Aug 9, 2010
Orange County, CA
It's like that goal they took away from them in game 2 just took all the air out of their sail. They rallied from behind 0-3, scored the go ahead goal, it got taken away from them, and it's been all downhill since then.
Am I having deja vu or did this exact same thing happen several years ago in a playoff series.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
My point is, if you want Wilson to make certain moves, he makes them and then you criticize him, well that makes you a hypocrite. My only complaint is not getting a goalie at the deadline but I can’t prove that he didn’t make attempts. He didn’t fire Deboer when you are referring to and the team went on to dominate for months. Until that final stretch of games they pretty much couldn’t do better during that span. I fully support firing Deboer this off-season but I think your comment is easy to make in hindsight.

This meltdown is on the players and coaching.

I have been complaining about the defensive system and noting the impact that it has on our goaltending as far back as last season. There is no hindsight here.

Did the system change make us a worse team or a better team?

Beyond that, GMs are paid for their foresight. If Doug Wilson couldn’t see that DeBoer’s system and Martin Jones were a match made in hell that was going to ruin us, that’s on him. Whether or not some fans on HFBoards had that foresight or not shouldn’t really matter but I actually did have that foresight and a lot of others did as well so that criticism doesn’t even apply to me.

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
Can’t believe Randy is making up one excuse after another... yes, having that kind of goaltending can deflate you, but they are just going through the motions. Goal 4 was the pinnacle of that. But it had gone on for about 30 minutes before that. I don’t know how some of our guys can look in the mirror...

I will watch the series till the end, starting with the next season it’s highlight watching for me, won’t spent another 82 x 2,5 hours of hockey that with this team means nothing once the games count. What an embarrassment.

Reactions: li0lsh

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
He lost his balance/embellished and got back up pretty easily. That doesn't fall under the protocol/concussion rules.

I’m being facetious. I know he doesn’t have a concussion and I know he dove. But if you dive like that after a punch to the head, you should have to go to concussion protocol.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
What if I were to tell you it's just going to get worse unless you put some underwear on your head. It would take a lot of underwear to win this, but we can get some momentum if just a few people put some undies on their head.

boylerroom

Jan 2, 2012
PRofKA
Guys have we EVER had an elite net minder? No. It's been the achilles heel of this team for ages. They play like crap bc they have no trust they have a goalie that can bail them out if they make a mistake.

We've had nothing but a string of nabokov-diaseased goalies that let in soft goals every year.

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Yea, because you’re the analytical expert? Any other variables to consider?

None that matter enough to conclude that the team sucked, as you state, when they outscored their opposition by 24 goals in 23 games with Karlsson and Simek in the lineup. You’re just spreading misinformation with an agenda.

Sharksfan83

Jul 27, 2010
Unfortunately we're now at the point where, Aaron Dell is not carrying us to a Stanley Cup, and you can't put Jones back in. Unlike the year we got Reimer, at least he had the potential to carry us there if Jones failed.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Guys have we EVER had an elite net minder? No. It's been the achilles heel of this team for ages. They play like crap bc they have no trust they have a goalie that can bail them out if they make a mistake.

We've had nothing but a string of nabokov-diaseased goalies that let in soft goals every year.

Jones in 2016 was elite. It's just a shame he used it all up that year and has only gotten worse since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad