GDT: WCQF Game 4 • 4/22/15 • Wild vs. Blues • 8:30 PM CT/4:30 AM Suomi • FSN/NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
letnzVU.png

Game 4 | Wednesday, April 22 | Excel Energy Center | St. Paul, MN

Xcel_Energy_Center_Exterior.jpg

:wild .....vs...... :blues

CFYMvs4.png

The Minnesota Wild come back to defend home ice against the Saint Louis Blues in Game 4 of this Western Conference Quarterfinal series. Since the 2012-2013 season, the Wild are 7-2 at home in the playoffs, outscoring their opponenents 23-12 in the process.

[fieldset=Quotes, from Russo]
Blog

Devan Dubnyk: On the crowd, “Certainly didn’t disappoint. It was crazy toward the end of the second period there. You can’t hear anything, you can’t hear whistles, you can’t hear the pucks hitting sticks. You’re moving around deaf.”

Zach Parise: “We were a lot better with the puck tonight in the offensive zone, holding onto it a little longer, making some plays. We were better off the rush, attacking the middle of the ice. Teams look fast when you can do that. I thought we were tough to play against.”

Charlie Coyle: “You can tell they got frustrated with stuff after the whistle and tried to get into that, and us just walking away. Continue to play hard, play with speed and be physical, and yeah, you can tell it frustrated them.”

Charlie Coyle: “We’re here to play hockey. We’re not here to fight and do all that. That stuff after the whistle doesn’t win you games. So, we’re just focused on playing our game and playing it smart. They want that stuff after the whistle and big hits and all that. We just stay grounded, stay level-headed, keep our emotions in check and just, like I said, play hockey.”

Zach Parise: On the 17-shot defensive performance, “It feels good. I thought our forwards did a good job coming back and pushing them into our D and our D got up and had some good gaps. Once we do that we can get back on the counterattack. That was a big part of the reason we had the puck a lot.”

Mike Yeo: “We knew we were going to have to be on top of things tonight and we were ready to start the right way. We talked about being ready for whatever follows. I thought our guys did a good job – we had a pretty decent start – of just staying with it, not getting frustrated. Obviously that first goal is huge.”

Jason Pominville: “We fed off the energy the crowd gave us. We knew it was going to be good, and it was even better than what I expected. I thought every line was going. We controlled play for the most part and we made some good plays. And our D did a really good job tonight with their gap and made it tough on them. That led to us having the puck more. We were able to play with the puck more, we were able to make more plays and more zone time. That gives us momentum and obviously gets the crowd into it."

[/fieldset]

NHL.com Preview

[NHL]812577[/NHL]

Z8IzOGe.png

Minnesota Leading Scorers

Zach Parise | 3 GP | 1g | 3a | 4p | +2

Parise.jpg

Jason Pominville | 3 GP | 2g | 2a | 4p | +3
Mikael Granlund | 3 GP | 1g | 2a | 3p | +4
10 tied with 1

Minnesota Probable Goaltender

Devan Dubnyk | 2-1 | 1.68 GAA | .922 SV%

uZtA4Fv.jpg

St. Louis Leading Scorers

Vladimir Tarasenko | 3 GP | 3g | 1a | 4p | -2

OgDfxPi.jpg

Kevin Shattenkirk | 3 GP | 0g | 4a | 4p | +1
Alexander Steen | 3 GP | 1g | 2a | 3p | -2
Jaden Schwartz | 3 GP | 1g | 1a | 2p | +/- 0
Patrick Berglund | 3 GP | 1g | 1a | 2p | +2

St. Louis Probable Goaltender

Jake Allen | 1-2 | 1.69 GAA | .933 SV%

hi-res-71dd135e93ddcdf6746f10c86c2e5cb0_crop_north.jpg

:wild

Probable Lines

t9qwmFd.png

6gdBTy9.png

:blues

Probable Lines

eLm2D9q.png

DuphroN.png

Let's Go Wild!!!

ParisePreview42613.jpg

Last edited:

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Every game in the post season is big, but the difference between being up 3-1 in a series, and being tied 2-2 is Huuuuuuge.

Lets go.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Late, late game. Will be lucky to get home by 12:30am IF it ends in regulation. Should be fun!

This game is just so big on the scale. A win or loss can change the outlook big time. Do we get keep rolling and take a good lead on the series, or do we go back to St. Louis with a tie series? I expect the Blues from Game 2 tomorrow night. Let's be ready for them.

Billy Mays Here*

Koivu? Vanek? Is this going to be yet another playoffs you refuse to show up in?

In any case, had a great time at Monday night's game, can't wait for this one too.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
We're in uncharted territory here. We've never been up 2-1 in a series before.

I'm excited to see how we do.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
We're in uncharted territory here. We've never been up 2-1 in a series before.

I'm excited to see how we do.
We were once in the 2008 series with the Avs. We won games 2 and 3, and hit the effing wall in Game 4. Let's do it right this time.

Kezaster

Apr 29, 2013
Lets go wild!

I hope Coyle gets rewarded, the guy has been awesome.
It was really exciting to see the difference between the first and the second period of last game. There was some huge confidence in puck carrying. It was pretty frustrating to see how many pucks we lost downlow, I thought Mikko was one of our best battlers in that zone in the first period.

I really hope the PP gets better.

I'm feeling really confident, like we got all the momentum in the world right now.
This game I'm thinking Coyle-Nino-Vanek is gonna win it for us.
Calling it 2-1 (Coyle 1, Vanek 1 Nino 0+2).

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
tonight is the turning point of the battle. will we deliver a knockout punch or will we let them get off the mat and start swinging ? stay tuned! go wild! cheers all wild fans.

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005
Lets go Wild! Just like Monday guys!

I think Monday might have been one of, if not the best game I've seen Coyle play. Hope he keeps it up and gets rewarded tonight

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
We were once in the 2008 series with the Avs. We won games 2 and 3, and hit the effing wall in Game 4. Let's do it right this time.

Yeah, I saw a graphic on FSN Monday night about how the only playoff series the Wild has been in where they've been tied 1-1 was the 2003 Colorado and Vancouver series, so we are undefeated in playoff series where we're tied 1-1. I was like, um, I know 2008 was awhile ago, but...

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
When are they going to announce the start time of Game 5?

SMTHook

Mar 23, 2015
St. Louis will be like a 600 year old vampire tonight. Tough to kill. Let's do it!!!!

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Biggest game of a 7-game series in my opinion (non-elim obviously). It'll either be 3-1 or tied up. Massive difference. Bigger than game 5 when it's tied at 2.

Gotta lose this one to get road ice back. :sarcasm:

(Actually, we'd have road ice either way :laugh:)

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
When are they going to announce the start time of Game 5?

I would imagine it depends on whether Ducks-Jets series ends after today's game or not. So possibly tomorrow?

I would think that regardless of how the Ducks/Jets series go we would get the earlier start time on Friday since the series would be back in Anaheim. We probably get a 7:00 start and the Ducks get a 9:30 start.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Kind of crazy how significant Game 4s appear. Either going up 3-1 or 2-2 giving home ice back to opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad