Post-Game Talk: WCQF Game 3: ANA @ NSH | 8:30 pm CT (9:30 PM ET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
You could feel this one coming from the drop of the puck. Despite saying all the right things, the Preds thought they were just too much for Anaheim and there was no way they were losing at home.

We've lost the puck battles and made poor plays all night.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
The Ducks started playing hockey and most importantly in the level they can play. At best, this is it. Something wondrous need to happen come Thursday.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Why is it in the entire history of this franchise that we can only tiptoe past new highs rather than blowing past them? Every time we achieve a "first" for the franchise and have a chance to really go somewhere we have never been before we spit the damn bit and lay a giant turd on the ice.

This is the nightmare scenario, not only do we let them back in the series, we get dominated giving them confidence and giving us doubts. Just a horrid game so far.

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
Welp.

head.png

nsh.png
p0.png

ana.png
o3.png

end2nd.png

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Well I think Anaheim figures us out by just putting us to sleep w/ regular plays and no aggressive or chippy plays and we fall asleep and don't play. Then score on us while everybody just stands around.

Last edited:

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
The ducks aren't playing stupid like they were in 1 and 2. More under control and just playing hockey and we weren't ready for it. Then Smith gets injured and it screwed up the chemistry on the lines. Need to play differently against these ducks.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Well I think Anaheim figures us out by just putting us to sleep w/ regular plays and no aggressive or chippy plays and we fall asleep and don't play.

It does look that way. I saw Ribs trying for a turn over with about 3 minutes remaining in the second period. It was a good idea. It didn't work out.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Making a 7 hour round trip drive for this- there really hasn't been anything to get excited about in the building.

That loooonnnngg drive home tonight is going to suck so hard.

This is exactly what I was afraid of- I'm telling you this happens all the time- most of the time when a team wins first 2 on road they come home and lose- look it up. Happened twice now this year. It's just human nature

We just have to win Thursday- that's all there is to it

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Making a 7 hour round trip drive for this- there really hasn't been anything to get excited about in the building.

That loooonnnngg drive home tonight is going to suck so hard.

This is exactly what I was afraid of- I'm telling you this happens all the time- most of the time when a team wins first 2 on road they come home and lose- look it up. Happened twice now this year. It's just human nature

We just have to win Thursday- that's all there is to it

Absolutely. Nashville can't give home ice advantage back to Anaheim!

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
That Stewart goal is the perfect illustration of why we're getting blown out in this game. Getzlaf chips it into the corner, nobody really makes much effort to beat him to the puck, he takes the time to glance over his shoulder with nobody still within 5 feet of him, and meanwhile I think it's Forsberg that fails to cover Stewart coming down the slot, and Ellis is unable to get over because he's been standing still.

Brutally bad play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad