Post-Game Talk: WCQF Game 3: ANA @ NSH | 8:30 pm CT (9:30 PM ET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
The Preds never gave us a chance to Stand With Them tonight.

Smith got hurt right after puck drop but I didn't see what happened. We had the puck in their zone and he skated back to the bench by himself and headed down the tunnel.

It looked like a knee to knee hit by Kesler on Smith.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
That was fugly.

0/5 on the pp :shakehead
Couldn't connect on a pass all night
Turnovers
A step slow and a second late all night
No puck luck
Andersen barely broke a sweat

Hope we can get it together for Thursday

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Terrible Preds, just awful game. We were slow, not physical, looked too complacent. Just didn't look too interested in playing this game. :shakehead :rant: :cry:

Three giant catfish on the ice before faceoff. They were so big I didn't think they were real until I saw the trail they left on the ice, lol.

Maybe I'm not seeing it, but I I haven't seen anything in any of the clips posted online that would suggest any type of knee on knee hit by Perry or kesler on Smith (unless that was all a joke just because it was them and I just missed it). Anyway, hope it's not too serious. It seems like every year we lose an important player to injury.

Forsberg's pk shift, was amazing. One man kill.

Nothing Pekka could do on any of those goals. Just an incredibly lucky tip for their second goal. Meanwhile pucks were jumping over our sticks all night.

Not sure what we were trying on the PP, there is no way were going to get a cross-ice pass through their box, but we kept trying to force it, which of course would result in a turnover. It's like they go out there with one play in mind and can't/won't try something else.

The crowd was awesome, outside on the plaza to opening faceoff was so loud. Everyone was just waiting for something to happen, but instead the Preds come out flat. And rightfully boooed them for playing like garbage.

It seems like every time there is a big game, they talk a lot of good things then lay an egg.

Just hope they are pissed at themselves that they come out with a completely different attitude Thursday and take back control.

Recommend stopping at the rocket rest stop and just giving that damn thing a kick until it falls over.
I think that is a required stop for anyone going down that way, lol, I stop there every time. But they put a fence around the rocket so you can't even get to it anymore!
Kesler takes about 2 minutes to put his helmet on. I liked Ribs *****ing about it!
Everyone was screaming for a delay penalty or to make him get off the ice if he's going to have such a major equipment problem.

I guess this what a #newnashville crowd sounds like.
Well, what do you really expect, the crowd was jacked and then had to sit there for that **** show.

Pretty cool that Lidstrom is in attendance scouting for Team Sweden.
I saw him in the hall, people were lined up to take pictures with him. I heard someone asking their friend if it was kimmo timonen...seriously.

Lightningbolt

Oct 24, 2014
For the love of god why doesn't levi just play sissons or bourque or watson instead of gaustad. He's so useless, and a liability and once again was awful in this game

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Sissons would bring a fresh body out there, he's also probably better at the dot than Goose.

FWIW, I don't think Smith is injured seriously. He took a shift after the collision and looked fine. I think it was more of precautionary from the coaching staff. Better to miss one game than the whole series.

My goodness, I hope this was more us being bad than ANA being good. If not, we might be looking for a reverse sweep. Guys better bring it Thursday, the biggest game of the series. I think whoever wins that, wins the whole series.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
I cannot believe that THAT was our effort, at home, in front of a completely GOLD crowd that was hyped. Wasn't quite DET 2004 loud, but it was loud..... and then - Kesler goes knee-on-knee with Smith, Potato looks like he's handling some kinda' incendiary device, and Ribs can't hit the broadside of a barn with shot or pass, and...... we lay the biggest pile of PO cow excrement this side of Philly.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Terrible Preds, just awful game. We were slow, not physical, looked too complacent. Just didn't look too interested in playing this game. :shakehead :rant: :cry:

Three giant catfish on the ice before faceoff. They were so big I didn't think they were real until I saw the trail they left on the ice, lol.

Maybe I'm not seeing it, but I I haven't seen anything in any of the clips posted online that would suggest any type of knee on knee hit by Perry or kesler on Smith (unless that was all a joke just because it was them and I just missed it). Anyway, hope it's not too serious. It seems like every year we lose an important player to injury.

Forsberg's pk shift, was amazing. One man kill.

Nothing Pekka could do on any of those goals. Just an incredibly lucky tip for their second goal. Meanwhile pucks were jumping over our sticks all night.

Not sure what we were trying on the PP, there is no way were going to get a cross-ice pass through their box, but we kept trying to force it, which of course would result in a turnover. It's like they go out there with one play in mind and can't/won't try something else.

The crowd was awesome, outside on the plaza to opening faceoff was so loud. Everyone was just waiting for something to happen, but instead the Preds come out flat. And rightfully boooed them for playing like garbage.

It seems like every time there is a big game, they talk a lot of good things then lay an egg.

Just hope they are pissed at themselves that they come out with a completely different attitude Thursday and take back control.

I think that is a required stop for anyone going down that way, lol, I stop there every time. But they put a fence around the rocket so you can't even get to it anymore!
Everyone was screaming for a delay penalty or to make him get off the ice if he's going to have such a major equipment problem.

Well, what do you really expect, the crowd was jacked and then had to sit there for that **** show.

I saw him in the hall, people were lined up to take pictures with him. I heard someone asking their friend if it was kimmo timonen...seriously.

Check @dammitpreds twitter account, he's got the stills

codeman00

Apr 24, 2012
What a disappointing game for sure. I had in the back of my mind that we might lose but I never imagined it would be so poor of an effort on our part. Like others said, the crowd was ready to erupt but the play didn't allow it. I was disappointed that so many left early. I mean you had a feeling we weren't going to come back but peeling out with 15 min to go is unaccepatable, no matter how late it is. Oh, and the gold shirts were given out to WEAR, not to carry around. Yes, I'm talking to all of the dress shirt guys that think they're too good to wear a gold T-shirt.

Anyway, I watched Craig Smith's injury play a few times. There was no real contact at all..maybe a leg over leg on the faceoff that didn't seem to be the cause and then a defender shoulder nudge...and then you could see Smith slow down and skate to the bench. Like others said, hopefully only a tweak.

We're still up 2-1....I would have taken that if offered before the series started. What could have been, though.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
I agree about our PP. it just looks ugly and has all year.

I don't know enough to analyze it. If someone else could. I don't understand how it looks so bad, why it's so ineffective, and why there is so often no one in front of the net. Is it the coach or the players or something else.

What a disgusting night to sit though.

This is the play offs // where were they?

I thought Johannesen was slooooow and invisible

SlapshotMe

Sep 21, 2015
Can we talk about how Ribeiro missed that gimme at the end of the 1st period, would have tied the game and possibly shifted momentum our way? A hockey goal really doesn't get any easier that than, sans a breakaway on an empty net.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I agree about our PP. it just looks ugly and has all year.

I don't know enough to analyze it. If someone else could. I don't understand how it looks so bad, why it's so ineffective, and why there is so often no one in front of the net. Is it the coach or the players or something else.

What a disgusting night to sit though.

This is the play offs // where were they?

I thought Johannesen was slooooow and invisible

May feel like it, but it is just not true- we were a top 10 PP for most of the season.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
May feel like it, but it is just not true- we were a top 10 PP for most of the season.

Thanks! Obviously had no idea.

Yup going on how many times I see pp and see no one in front of the net..... By feel or screaming at them last night. Or in front of the tv. :laugh:

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
It wasn't lucky, Rakell has scored on a ton of those kinds of tips. His hand-eye coordination is insane.

Wouldn't call that goal lucky because he obviously meant to do it but even for a skilled redirector that is a play that doesn't get made often. Not worried about that goal because the chance of another one being scored like that is slim.

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
That was one of the worst games I have ever been at. My poor son has been to two Predators games for his birthday. Last one 1-0 Chicago win and now this. Effort was horrible. I hope we see Granberg, Bitetto had a horrible turnover on the first goal. I hope Smith's injury is not too severe. I left that Game disgusted and the silence walking back to my car surrounded by Predators fans was a strange silence that I hope to never experience again.

Go Preds! Thursday can still give us a 3-1 series lead. But we need tons more effort.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Was the game as bad as you guys contend. I have not got to watch a single game life is goin on but it was encouraging to get two out there. Was it on Rinne last night and what happened to our scoring?

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
Was the game as bad as you guys contend. I have not got to watch a single game life is goin on but it was encouraging to get two out there. Was it on Rinne last night and what happened to our scoring?

Not Rinne's fault. Team was horrible. Looked liked they were stuck in 1st gear all night. We could not buy a chance at a goal all night.
1st goal was on Bitetto.
2nd was a beautiful tip goal.

We forgot what we did in Anaheim.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Not Rinne's fault. Team was horrible. Looked liked they were stuck in 1st gear all night. We could not buy a chance at a goal all night.
1st goal was on Bitetto.
2nd was a beautiful tip goal.

We forgot what we did in Anaheim.

That's good we need Rinne to continue playin well. There is still hope. I was surprised and please to win both out there did not see the team winning but one game in the series.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Bad game; learn from the mistakes (of which there were plenty), but move on. Peks was the biggest bright spot to me. Two goals were 0% his fault and super Pekka may have saved Stewart's goal, but what the hell is Stewart doing alone five feet in front of Peks in the first place? That's on defense.

And I will not be doing the next GDT obviously. I know we have some folks with superstitions, etc. but it's a home game and we need to make a good GDT for the main board. Someone please step up and post the GDT at a reasonable time tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA