• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Just want to get non Jets fans opinion on their play this year....

I think (i say it again) these are the only 2 possible reason on Jets play this year:

1) they are not good enough. They peaked last year. Our expectations high.

Or

2) there are coaching issues that this team needs to address to get them over the hump.

Any other reason? Unbias opinion from other fan base who have seen them play this year.

Option 2. Jets are a good team but it has to all come together.

Blues had good teams too in 2012-2016 and lost in the first round quite a bit.

Reactions: LetsGoBLUES91

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
It's their signature third periods this year, as painful as it is.
And it is bizarre because until January they were perfect heading into the third with a lead or tied. What happened over Christmas to ruin this team?

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Enterprise Center is going to be rocking tomorrow after that game last night and having a chance to win the series. I'll definitely lose my voice tomorrow.

Instl

Dec 21, 2011
St. Louis
This series is the total opposite of home ice advantage.
Has a series ever finished where the home team has gone 0-7?

The Jets and Blues are playing the fourth best-of-7 series in Stanley Cup Playoffs history with the road team winning each of the first five games. The others: the 1951 Stanley Cup Semifinals (Canadiens-Red Wings), the 1995 Eastern Conference Final (New Jersey Devils-Philadelphia Flyers) and the 2004 Western Conference Final (Calgary Flames-San Jose Sharks). A best-of-7 series never has featured the road team winning each of the first six games.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
The party ended suddenly. Winnipeg Police thank the Jets for stopping what could have been a disaster. Downtown was suddenly as quiet as a church mouse.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
I keep seeing that the Jets outplayed the Blues for the majority of game 5 and I just don't see it. The Blues went down 2-0 early but still had a boatload of chances that they either missed the net or Hellebuyck came up big. The Jets also had 6 minutes of PP time in the 3rd, with 4 of those being a double minor, and failed to do anything of note with that time. The Blues have had a hot goalie for a lot of the series, but Hellebuyck was making big saves in game 5 that kept the Jets in the lead. It's annoying to read that the Blues only played well for 20 minutes, when they looked like the better team throughout the entire game.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I keep seeing that the Jets outplayed the Blues for the majority of game 5 and I just don't see it. The Blues went down 2-0 early but still had a boatload of chances that they either missed the net or Hellebuyck came up big. The Jets also had 6 minutes of PP time in the 3rd, with 4 of those being a double minor, and failed to do anything of note with that time. The Blues have had a hot goalie for a lot of the series, but Hellebuyck was making big saves in game 5 that kept the Jets in the lead. It's annoying to read that the Blues only played well for 20 minutes, when they looked like the better team throughout the entire game.

The metrics back you up as well. The xGs for Game 5 narrowly favored the Blues and it was close all night.

This series is exactly where it should be. Game 1 went pretty solidly to the Blues. Game 3 went overwhelmingly to the Jets. Otherwise, they’ve all been close and the team with the higher xG total has won all 3

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
The metrics back you up as well. The xGs for Game 5 narrowly favored the Blues and it was close all night.

This series is exactly where it should be. Game 1 went pretty solidly to the Blues. Game 3 went overwhelmingly to the Jets. Otherwise, they’ve all been close and the team with the higher xG total has won all 3

The Jets killed us in the first 10 minutes. After that it was even for a while and then we took it to them the last 10 minutes.

This “Blues are lucky” stuff can end immediately. Binnington has been great but so has Hellebyuck (not looking up how to spell that monstrosity of a last name).

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
I can't help but think that the Jets are not coming back from this.....that game was a heart breaker....is there a team that has blown so many third period leads this year?

They can. They are the better team ON PAPER. And they’re the best team left in the playoffs on paper.

The Blues have figured it out lately while the Jets have faltered but you saw game 3 how good the Jets can be.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Each team has a chance to win the series in front of their fans now. Very reminiscent of the Nashville series last year. Blues don't go away.

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
I wish I could say last night was a crushing, demoralizing loss for Winnipeg but it wasn't. They'll come out strong in Game 6 and it'll be a toss up game until the end just like 4 of the first 5 games.

Great series so far. Most of us expected it to go 6-7 games and here we are!

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Some stats:

This is only the fourth time in NHL history, the home team has gone 0-5 in a best of 7.

No series has ever seen the home team go 0-6.

The Blues are 3-0 when Tarasenko doesn’t score and 0-2 when he does.

The winning team has trailed in every game.

The Blues have not won a Game 6 in 18 years.

Game 5 is the only playoff game I found that had a go ahead goal in both the first 20 seconds and last 20 seconds of regulation

Last edited:

Wedgeden

Mar 31, 2012
And it is bizarre because until January they were perfect heading into the third with a lead or tied. What happened over Christmas to ruin this team?

Oct 16 vs Edmonton
Oct 27 vs Toronto
Nov 16 vs Buffalo
Nov 23 vs Minnesota
Nov 27 vs Pittsburgh
... were all blown games when leading after 2 periods

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Somebody from Winnipeg posted a blog about their visit to STL for game 3 or 4. I wanted to read it, but I can't find the link.

Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad