WCQF/CDSF: (C2) Winnipeg Jets vs (C3) St Louis Blues | STL Lead 3-2 - PART 2

Who wins game 2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
I can't help but think that the Jets are not coming back from this.....that game was a heart breaker....is there a team that has blown so many third period leads this year?

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Nobody can outchoke my Blues. Anything is possible.
Are you speaking from recent history or a general trend with the Blues squad? I know Winnipeg has had a terrible time this year losing leads in the third....

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Jets are big dogs now, they need to win 2 straight coin tosses, but let's not pretend this is "dealt a pat royal in spades" levels of improbability.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Are you speaking from recent history or a general trend with the Blues squad? I know Winnipeg has had a terrible time this year losing leads in the third....
No series lead is safe with the Blues. I have seen this first hand for decades. We blow 2-0 and 3-1 series leads like its nothing.

I picked Blues in 6 and I hope it ends Saturday but this franchise has bad luck so anything can happen. I think this series is over though if Blues 5on5 play is done being stupid and after the Schenn goal that seemed to be the case. ROR had 2 or 3 really good attempts right after and we havent seen that all series. JB is the real deal in net, looks like a composed future Cup winning goalie to me.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
Is this a theme? Jets gave up two goals with under two minutes left to lose 5-4 against the Islanders a few weeks ago.

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Probably the most underwhelming series of the first round.

Good on the Blues for feeding the Jets a healthy dose of humble pie
What do you mean? This has been arguably one of the most exciting series of the first round. Back and forth, tons of physical play, speed, comeback wins from both teams, lots of big saves. I guess it lacks overtime games with only game 4 going to OT.

catchthecarp

Dec 3, 2011
What a fantastic game to watch, non-stop intensity which no other sport can hold a candle to. The Blues didn't wilt after being down 2-0, Winnipeg did. And good fortune finally smiled at number 17. Can the Blues shake the home team jinx? I ain't speculating on that one.....

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Holy heart-stopper! What a game, and what a series!! Thanks again to fans of both teams for keeping this a lively, insightful and civil thread. Looking forward to Saturday!

Reactions: Eyeseeing

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Just want to get non Jets fans opinion on their play this year....

I think (i say it again) these are the only 2 possible reason on Jets play this year:

1) they are not good enough. They peaked last year. Our expectations high.

Or

2) there are coaching issues that this team needs to address to get them over the hump.

Any other reason? Unbias opinion from other fan base who have seen them play this year.

Captain And Coke

Apr 29, 2011
What do you mean? This has been arguably one of the most exciting series of the first round. Back and forth, tons of physical play, speed, comeback wins from both teams, lots of big saves. I guess it lacks overtime games with only game 4 going to OT.

Agreed. As an outsider watching this series, as much as I enjoyed seeing Pens and Bolts get swept, this series has been my favorite so far. I have always kind of had a soft spot for the Blues because of a book series I read on a fictional player that played for them as a kid. I can only speculate which team is better on paper, but for my eye test, these have been two evenly matched teams that have really put on a show, and I love watching grindy, hard working teams at their best. I never know who is going to win. Steen's boardwork to keep the puck in the offensive zone that led to Schwartz's back-breaking goal was a prime example. I would love to see the Blues come out of the West this year.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013

I think (i say it again) these are the only 2 possible reason on Jets play this year:

Or

2) there are coaching issues that this team needs to address to get them over the hump.

Any other reason? Unbias opinion from other fan base who have seen them play this year.

On paper WPG is the best non- Tampa team in hockey. They’ve shown at times why that is.

Reactions: PhilJets

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Blues didn’t quit and owned the third period.
They got exactly what they deserved.
As a Jets fan that one stung but we are still in this.
Great series and the fan bases have been good as well.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

Or

They are good enough. If they focused more on hockey instead of just trying to hit everyone in games 1 and 2, I think this would be a different series. You guys looked like us when we lost to the Kings and Hawks years ago in those games, but 3-5, you guys have been much better and probably more dangerous.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Blues played fantastic in the 3rd period, and earned that win. Really impressed with this Blues team. Resilient.

Jets have raised their game in 3-5, but really needed to start from G1.

I think they need a different coach than Maurice to get them to the next level.

Trouba? Did he think he had less time than he did? Just don't get that one.

Series isn't over, but that's a tough way to lose.

Reactions: snowkiddin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad