• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Terrible game by the Jets, just embarrassing. There a good team tho, thell be back and i think still take this thing easy breasy. Coaching becomes a factor. FACT

Reactions: stl76

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Yeah someone was citing some defensive metrics that suggested he should be in over the other options but idk. He did just miss on a tip shot last night but it seemed like he had a lot of trouble.

Reactions: STLomacneko

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Yeah someone was citing some defensive metrics that suggested he should be in over the other options but idk. He did just miss on a tip shot last night but it seemed like he had a lot of trouble.
Oh he spent half his playing time on his rear end it seemed, but maybe he'll be better prepared after getting the first one out of the way. I'm of the mindset, if it works (or doesn't hurt the team) and we win, then don't change anything. How about how great our FA signings this year are doing, Perron, Maroon & Bozak all played great and were vital in the Blues Game 1 win :scared:

Reactions: HighNote and TK 421

RckyMtnBlue

Feb 28, 2014
So just read the Binnington "tweet gate"...in the video they talked about tweets by Laine...anyone have a link? Mentioned 2 jet players so just curious what was said/tweeted by the Jets players. Seemed like a pretty weak thing to do by the media and very glad the NHL actually has some common sense on this. The thought/word police are ruining this world.

Reactions: TK 421

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
I hope so but you never know, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't. The Blues coaching staff obviously see something in him that we don't.
He's better than a lot of people on here give him credit for, but I think it's pretty obvious the coaching staff did not like his performance last night judging by the ice time he got.

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
So just read the Binnington "tweet gate"...in the video they talked about tweets by Laine...anyone have a link? Mentioned 2 jet players so just curious what was said/tweeted by the Jets players. Seemed like a pretty weak thing to do by the media and very glad the NHL actually has some common sense on this. The thought/word police are ruining this world.
Laine? I didn't know Laine was involved in that ridiculousness.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Backwards name guys dad was a rolling stone, wherever he went that was his home. But when he went to Vancouver he left something behind, an angry little fella with an ax to grind.

And what's hilarious is that he used to beak the Jets nonstop in main board threads. I guess the Blues have jumped ahead in his power hater rankings?

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
He’s there to watch Bortuzzo’s back in case there is a fistfight.
2Yz1rfS.png

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
They’re just fans. Let fans be fans of their team...who cares what their opinion is. I hope the Jets win the series. Blues fans hope their team wins. It’s just how it is at the end of the day.

Don’t write us off that we don’t respect the blues. On the contrary, we respect the blues a lot, there’s strong Winnipeg-St Louis connections in the hockey world, and we have rooted for your guys many times when you were tops with the hawks years ago. Don’t forget you’ve experienced many more years of playoff hockey than we have and as a result some jets fans are more hopeful, others are more on edge, more uncertain with the playoff emotions, and more critical of their own team as opposed to the opponent

Take a look through the jets forum - most people there aren’t so sure we win the series. That first game was super important. Jets have been crummy for months. Blues have been second only to Tampa for months. Many of us know what’s up. Our team isn’t clicking, something is seriously amiss with third periods, and if you guys beat us one more game it’s statistically unlikely we go on the second round

At the end of the day though we’re still going to cheer our team. So if you are up 3-0 and you see Jets fans saying “Jets in 7” just let it be lol. We’re supposed to cheer on our team and hope they win, just like 15 other clubs and their fans for this dance

We know things don’t look good for us. The force is not strong with the Jets. We limped into the playoffs. Writing is arguably kind of there. But we are going to cheer for our team till the last second.

It will be a good series, it’s a shame we couldn’t meet in the second round
Excellent post! Thanks. I have found most Jets fans to be respectful. There is bound to be some trash talk, it is what it is. Jets are a great team! Looking forward to more great hockey! Go Blues!!!

Reactions: roccerfeller

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
St Louis fans who would be the healthy scratches for your team?
Fabbri, MacEachern, Thorburn, Gunnarsson, Del Zotto.

Most of us are assuming Blais will replace Sanford on the 4th line as the only lineup change tomorrow.

God I hope that's the case.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Laine is too busy with puck bunnies and video games to have any time to tweet dump **** online.

giphy.gif

I like his goat beard better, he needs to rock that all year. When he has the beard it looks like he got the power up in Altered Beast.

Reactions: Tarasenkshow

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
This is like the complete opposite of last year where, even though they had a third period lead in game 1, I thought MIN never felt comfortable in the Whiteout and after game 1 they wanted to be anywhere else.

Ggg99

Sep 17, 2018
Fabbri, MacEachern, Thorburn, Gunnarsson, Del Zotto.

Most of us are assuming Blais will replace Sanford on the 4th line as the only lineup change tomorrow.

God I hope that's the case.

Any chance Thorburn gets in? Would be cool to see him play and bumpin with his old buds.

And a Thorburn vs Hendricks tilt would be very entertaining but I guess the nastiness would have to really escalate before these two both get activated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad