Series Discussion: WCF - Jets vs. Knights - Series tied 0-0

Who wins?

• Total voters

aj8000

Jun 5, 2010
I predict awesome True North anthem shoutouts during every VGK home game (all 2 of them ;)). Gonna be lotsa Winnipeggers (Canadians?) in their barn. :thumbu:

I understand now why that car dealership was giving away free trips to Vegas with every car purchase

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
So apparently we're too slow, too big, not enough skilled players, our depth doesn't even compete with theirs... I have no ****ing clue what team those other people were watching. Baseball perhaps.
I am not sure where Vegas gets this speed rep from?

They don't seem any faster than us, Pittsburgh, Tampa, Toronto, Colorado maybe more.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I am not sure where Vegas gets this speed rep from?

They don't seem any faster than us, Pittsburgh, Tampa, Toronto, Colorado maybe more.

Karlsson, Marchessault, Smith, Haula, Lindberg and Tuch are all very speedy skaters. Their slowest guy is probably Neal and he's not that slow.

Ares

May 8, 2018
This is the first series where I feel like we are not the underdog. Our team is obviously better than MIN but they had that PLAYOFF EXPERIENCE everyone was talking about and this team hadn't won a series before, so there was no way to know what would happen. Preds were the clear favorite in round 2 in my opinion - they were in the finals last year and were the best team this year. I expect this will be a fun series for sure. I'm so glad it's the Knights instead of the boring Sharks. I can't wait for game 1. Vegas Knights are much better rested than we are so that's the one advantage they have for sure.

Reactions: upperdeckjet

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
This is the first series where I feel like we are not the underdog. Our team is obviously better than MIN but they had that PLAYOFF EXPERIENCE everyone was talking about and this team hadn't won a series before, so there was no way to know what would happen. Preds were the clear favorite in round 2 in my opinion - they were in the finals last year and were the best team this year. I expect this will be a fun series for sure. I'm so glad it's the Knights instead of the boring Sharks. I can't wait for game 1. Vegas Knights are much better rested than we are so that's the one advantage they have for sure.

I think Vegas' players are still riding the underdog theme in their locker room. Which is scary. The expectations on them are always going to be very low. This is really a battle of two underdog teams. If you asked the pundits if it would be a Jets vs Vegas WCF they would have laughed at you at the beginning of the season.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
It was interesting to listen to Button break down the VGK style and how they use their D. Quick puck up the ice and minimize gaps and space in the neutral zone for the forwards. It sounds very similar to the style of the Preds in many aspects, On one hand that is encouraging because the Jets just beat that system but on the other it was a total crapshoot at times and very hard to play against.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
25,000 Whiteout Street party tickets for game 1 sold out in less then an hour...... Down town winnipeg is going to be nuts Saturday

People are scalping FREE tickets. It's going to be LESS busy than before now. Since I doubt those scalpers will get many if any takers on those, so many of the tickets will go to waste. Unfortunate they went down this path.

Reactions: FishWhiskey

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
People are scalping FREE tickets. It's going to be LESS busy than before now. Since I doubt those scalpers will get many if any takers on those, so many of the tickets will go to waste. Unfortunate they went down this path.

Thought the same thing, knowing Winnipeg everyone that logged on grabbed 8 tickets each and will use 2 and the rest will remain unused. Sad.

PS anyone want to buy Whiteout tickets?:D

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Vegas is real and going to be a handful.
I have no ill feelings towards their fantastic inaugural season.
We need to stay focused or we will be embarrassed.
My biggest hope is the MAF isn’t on top of his game.
Vegas will not take any shifts off so we gotta expect 7 games.
GJG

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

There is one in every bunch... like this guy...

Winnipeg whiteout block party tickets winnipeg jets. | Tickets | Winnipeg | Kijiji
Description

I have just over 120 tickets left to the Winnipeg block party. Come witness this historic event. Selling each ticket $100 dollars approximately. Only accepting bitcoin or ethereum.

Wanna bet this guy doesn't even have 1 ticket. ANYONE who gives ANYTHING in an attempt to go to this and gets scammed... you got what you deserve.

If no one shows up because of "scalpers", then the next one will be ticketless.

Reactions: Jets 31

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
I picked Jets in 7. And that's only because Fleury is on a hot streak. If he falters for a moment, then Jets in 6 or possibly 5.

Sammy225

Aug 9, 2011
Never thought of that...... It makes sense in terms of control but i saw on Kijiji someone selling for $25 people will just go to a pub for that.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Might be fun after the game but I'd rather watch on a good TV where you can hear/see the game really well. Don't really get the attraction of watching in a big crowd but to each their own.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Kijiji should just not accept ads from people selling street party tickets, and anyone selling downtown should be arrested and changed with scalping, Jets really didn't need to do this in the first place , set a limit of how many people can attend and turn away people when capacity has been met.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad