Series Discussion: WCF - Jets vs. Knights - Series tied 0-0

Who wins?

• Total voters

oldunclehue

Jun 16, 2010
I will be very curious to see the reffing in this series, I thought they called a few duds tonight and missed quite a bit...

This is a nightmare scenario for TV ratings in the states! Vegas isn’t a huge draw for the TV crowd and Wpg is a small Canadian market no one in the states really care about!

If we show up in this series like we did tonight, we move on!

Reactions: sipowicz

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I will be very curious to see the reffing in this series, I thought they called a few duds tonight and missed quite a bit...

This is a nightmare scenario for TV ratings in the states! Vegas isn’t a huge draw for the TV crowd and Wpg is a small Canadian market no one in the states really care about!

If we show up in this series like we did tonight, we move on!
Not much chance we don't show up. This team is revved on all cylinders. I'd actually expect that we will be pretty heavy favorites going into the Conference finals.

Reactions: Jets 31 and Koonta

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Outside Looking In
Well for one thing we wont be rusty that's for sure, favourites for sure no doubt about that, MAF, is a good goalie shoot high on him, VGK defense nowhere near the vaulted Preds d, there claim to fame is they hustle and hustle some more, speed good coaching, Jets aren't exactly slouches. Jets in 6

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
But MAF is the best goalie and Murray were in the running for best goalie according to TSN article.

Jaytee

Feb 27, 2015
No NHL team is a big TV draw in the States, so having Winnipeg vs. Vegas is only marginally worse than having, say, Pittsburgh vs. Boston - the ratings suck for all of them in America.

On the other hand, ratings in Canada, where the real TV revenue is made, are always higher when there’s a Canadian team playing.

brock0791

Jul 2, 2015
Don't buy the whole bad for TV comments. First off CBC with a canadian team does about double the numbers that NBC does even with big market finals like CHI/BOS or LA/NY... secondly I think Vegas has really captured a lot of hearts and is pretty much every fan's second favorite team

Ares

May 8, 2018
Now THIS is the series I've been waiting for. No disrespect to MIN and NSH but they're both kind of boring teams in my opinion. Vegas will be much more exciting.

Reactions: kellhunter

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Well we know CBC and HNIC definitely hate us, poor dumb Kypreos was almost in tears after the Jets won! NBC on the other hand was happy for the Jets with former Jet Eddie O all in on the Jets!

You heard that little somethin' in his voice too, huh? Boy did he sound just a touch like a beaming Dad, talking about the Jets getting ready for round 3.

1stDan

Jan 6, 2018
The Knights might win a game early but they will feel the physicality of the series and wither. I expect to see Reaves get some more minutes (and PIMS) for sure.

Vegas' best bet is in a run and gun scenario. Which is the type of game you dont want to engage the Jets in.

I feel so relieved to be past Smashville but they have a long way to go still.

I am so pumped!

Reactions: KillEmAll83

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->