Series Discussion: WCF - Jets vs. Knights - Series tied 0-0

Who wins?

• Total voters

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
i think gary will be happy if the jets win the cup - maybe i was looking too much into things, but over the years i thought i would always see a glint in his eye every time he got to present the stanley cup to one of his teams - (all the new teams that came into the nhl after he became commissioner - i called them, gary's teams) - now here's the thing - the jets are one of 'gary's teams' - so if we do win the cup, i think he'll be happy about it - and that just might be what it takes to end the canadian drought over the stanley cup - to get one of 'gary's teams to do it' - go jets go!!! and thank you so much gary!!!
None of this conspiracy garbage. We are better than that crap.

Reactions: Poxsonus and kxx

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Mike Rupp picked JETS in 6

Kevin Weeks Knights to advance because he said they are super fast has structure and have 4 srcond lines.
4 second lines?

oldunclehue

Jun 16, 2010
Just booked myself for game 5 in Wpg! So friggin excited! But won’t be mad if Jets take it in 4 and I miss out!

Wooooo

Reactions: Jets 31

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Hope I'm not a curse. I picked Minnesota in 6/7 and then Nashville in 6. Now picking Jets in 5. I've long said that whoever won the Central will win the West, I don't believe than any Pacific team could hang with the best in the Central this year.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I feel like Nik is going to have a HUGE series. This is his type of game, speed and space.

Yeah both Minny and Nashville play a tighter checking game. Vegas is very firewagon type hockey. Speed, transition and shot quality. Hopefully Ehlers thrives in this environment. We also need the Lowry line to slow the game down and keep up the cycling they are doing. That's going to be key to winning at home is Lowrys line slowing the game down while the other lines speed it up.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Hope I'm not a curse. I picked Minnesota in 6/7 and then Nashville in 6. Now picking Jets in 5. I've long said that whoever won the Central will win the West, I don't believe than any Pacific team could hang with the best in the Central this year.

Good god Holden you got to keep doing what you are doing or we will lose. I have sat on the same part of the couch because when I do the Jets win. I will not be the cause of the Jets losing

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
The Kings and Sharks were a combined +59. Jets alone were +59. The Golden Knights are in for a treat!

Hope those statistics add up to victories.

I just can’t help being a skeptic especially when that team has defied the odds all season. It’s in my DNA. Guess I enjoy being pleasantly surprised more than heartbroken and let down.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Vegas is fast, plays fast, good systems. Hard working, they will try to pressure us into mistakes and giveaways. They do play a man on man in the D zone, so with our depth and talent we will get chances, obviously they have a hot clutch goalie as well though. I like our depth and talent more obviously, but the Sharks also had more talent and lost. I think our depth becomes even more key now. Can the Little and Lowry lines take it to the Vegas 3/4 lines and bottom D pair. I think so but we shall see

Reactions: roccerfeller

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
I feel like Nik is going to have a HUGE series. This is his type of game, speed and space.

The beauty of playoffs is guys like him and Laine and anyone who really has not played great yet, can step up and have a big series with some big goals. And they will be remembered for that, not how they play in the previous series which we won

Reactions: Scheifelaine

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Don’t take the knights lightly. This will probably be tougher than one might expect.

Personally, I would love for us to be the team that brings the VGK dream season to a halt. I’m hoping we completely dominate them and bring it all crashing back down to earth. But I doubt it will go that way...

Gotta agree with you here. Sure Vegas may not have faced a team as strong as the Jets but let’s not discredit what that team has been able to do.

They’re a team with a relentless forecheck and back check. Loads of speed with a tireless work ethic and an elite netminder with his “A” game dialed in.

Bottom line is the Jets need to put more traffic in front of Fleury than they did Rinne. If he can see the puck he’ll stop it and even if he cannot see it, good chance he still stops it. Won’t be any Rinne like specials from Fleury.

SavedByRoy

Bite the noose
Feb 17, 2006
Fort Myers
Go Jets! I will be rooting for you guys, like I was last night.

I for one am not a fan of Vegas. I like seeing a team building with smart decisions and great drafts over years, and fans suffering through some tough times until they have robust, great team that can contend for years. Just like your Jets.

I was hopped on the bandwagon for the 2015 playoffs and first Jets 2.0 playoff experience. They weren't there yet in goal (Pav, lol) or top forward lines, but still had a lead in every game. What an improved team since that Anaheim series!

I would think the Canadian media would be all over the Jets - the most points of a Canadian team since 2011 Canucks, they have no Marchand/Wilson "villain" players, and they play an exciting kind of hockey. What's not to like?

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
This never gets old!

jets_zpsfrpdirpz.jpg

BrokerD

Apr 13, 2012
Why does Kypreos hate the Jets?

At this point I could care less. He adds very little to the convo.

I flip back and forth from CBC/NBC to avoid most of those morons on CBC. NBC has had much nicer things to say about our team anyway; and can pronounce our players correctly. I really enjoy Eddie O as well. I remember meeting him when I was a little kid.. very down to earth guy.

Is it Saturday yet?!?

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
So apparently we're too slow, too big, not enough skilled players, our depth doesn't even compete with theirs... I have no ****ing clue what team those other people were watching. Baseball perhaps.

Reactions: Jets 31

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad