Series Discussion: WCF - Jets vs. Knights - Series tied 0-0

Who wins?

• Total voters

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
People are scalping FREE tickets. It's going to be LESS busy than before now. Since I doubt those scalpers will get many if any takers on those, so many of the tickets will go to waste. Unfortunate they went down this path.
100% agree. Orchestrating a street party will just make it a chit show. Just let the folks have fun. Stop with the organizational BS.

Reactions: kanadalainen

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Goaltending will be the talk of the series, but I think Vegas gets outplayed offensively and defensively, as I believe we're better than them both defensively and offensively. Think and hope Vegas gets sweeped.

Reactions: Scheifelaine

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
It's interesting Tb is like Vegas as Boston was an easier matchup well the jets and caps both had really tough 2nd rounds.

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
Officials for the 3rd round. No St.Laurent, not that he was bad for us in the playoffs, but I don't want to tempt fate.
Mg4NF6L.png

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Leafs fan wishing you guys good luck, we cannot let the NHL become a gongshow and some f***ing hot shot new comers that have put in no blood, sweat and tears win it.

Especially not v a franchise that like the Leafs has suffered so much, may the Hockey Gods be with you.

Fun fact: I ALMOST (operative word) bet on the Jets winning the cup as my darkhorse pick, at 40:1 pre season I am absolutely kicking myself, but I did genuinely believe you guys had a sick core.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
i sincerely think this will be a more entertainign series than Jets-Preds.
should be a VERY fast pace (unless Wpg tries to slow it the f down)

Reactions: AlphaLackey

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
I hope the Jets have been thinking about beating the 1-3-1 because guaranteed Vegas has been watching film. We'll see it when they get a lead.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Jets in 6.
Also I'm looking forward to the Vegas pre-game show. How is that knight with his silly sword going to stop a jet? :skeptic:

With great difficulty?

I wonder how that Cessena in Nashville is doing? The knight could try hacking that up. Or just load its crushed remains into a Lord-of-the-Rings-style trebuchet and let him fight with the lobbed mass.:laugh:

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
The PK continues to be my biggest concern, while Vegas doesn't have anyone with as good a shot as Subban, they have Colin Miller who has a pretty good shot.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
With all the talk about the Vegas pre-game show, about how a knight will face a jet, I suddenly was reminded about the movie Army of Darkness. The scene near the beginning where the knights are using their swords at the vehicle, wondering what kind of armour it was. :laugh:

There's an idea for a GDT. Groovy.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

SavedByRoy

Bite the noose
Feb 17, 2006
Fort Myers
If any of you watch NBC, get ready for every intermission discussion tilted on what the American team needs to do. In Boston-Toronto, it was always "can Boston keep the lead" if ahead, "What does Boston need to do to come back" if behind or "How do they get the game winner" if tied. In the Jets-Preds series, it was all about the Preds - what they need to do to solve Helle, can their D hold the lead in the 3rd. Never about what the Canadian team needs to do to win. It's like the Canadian team is there to be the fall guy/patsy.

I mean , WTF? Yes, their audience is American, but across the whole nation I bet there are nearly 50-50 viewers wanting the Boston or Nashville teams to lose (other past rivals, Marchand haters, or division teams looking up at them) and are rooting for the Canadian team. As someone rooting for the Jets, I'd appreciate a little balance. (They give credit after games for sure though).

I say this as a Yank who's never even been to Canada with no pro-Canada bias, but it kinda irritates me how NBC slants their coverage all about the American team. Are they doing this on HNIC? I'm hearing some say they have a seeming anti-Jets bias at times (not neutral or pro-Canadian team to match NBC), which seems ludicrous. Ugh!

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
With great difficulty?

I wonder how that Cessena in Nashville is doing? The knight could try hacking that up. Or just load its crushed remains into a Lord-of-the-Rings-style trebuchet and let him fight with the lobbed mass.:laugh:
I heard the Cessena took off to Vegas.
Apparently the fans are just like the team ... they are weak and could not beat it ... no damage done.:D:D

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
If any of you watch NBC, get ready for every intermission discussion tilted on what the American team needs to do. In Boston-Toronto, it was always "can Boston keep the lead" if ahead, "What does Boston need to do to come back" if behind or "How do they get the game winner" if tied. In the Jets-Preds series, it was all about the Preds - what they need to do to solve Helle, can their D hold the lead in the 3rd. Never about what the Canadian team needs to do to win. It's like the Canadian team is there to be the fall guy/patsy.

I mean , WTF? Yes, their audience is American, but across the whole nation I bet there are nearly 50-50 viewers wanting the Boston or Nashville teams to lose (other past rivals, Marchand haters, or division teams looking up at them) and are rooting for the Canadian team. As someone rooting for the Jets, I'd appreciate a little balance. (They give credit after games for sure though).

I say this as a Yank who's never even been to Canada with no pro-Canada bias, but it kinda irritates me how NBC slants their coverage all about the American team. Are they doing this on HNIC? I'm hearing some say they have a seeming anti-Jets bias at times (not neutral or pro-Canadian team to match NBC), which seems ludicrous. Ugh!
The American networks make no money off Canadian teams ... they have to promote the American teams.

Last edited by a moderator:

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
The PK continues to be my biggest concern, while Vegas doesn't have anyone with as good a shot as Subban, they have Colin Miller who has a pretty good shot.
Seriously after beating Nashville you are worried?
The Jets are the better team but that does not mean it's a sure thing. MAF is going to be the problem or throw in bad officiating or injuries and you might have an upset.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad