GDT: WCF Game 5 - Sharks @ St. Louis 5:00 PM PDT - NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
If I was a Blues fan I'd be pretty upset about that Wingels hit. I know the Brouwer hit that started the whole thing was questionable in its own right, but that doesn't make the Wingels hit any better.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
If I was a Blues fan I'd be pretty upset about that Wingels hit. I know the Brouwer hit that started the whole thing was questionable in its own right, but that doesn't make the Wingels hit any better.

They have every right to be upset. Unfortunately, that's the playoffs and every franchise since the beginning of time has been on the bad end of a hit in the playoffs. Tonights game should be nasty.

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area

Oh they are. They're being whiners over on the main board.

And we could be more upset over the Hertl hit but it's playoff hockey. Deal with it.

Paka Ono

Pro Ice Girl Scout
Jun 29, 2011
SF
Boys have to step up tonight. Winners of game 5 go on to win the series 80% of the time.

Mar 12, 2008
SF Bay Area
73523a02dfafa9610b17ab0030e528f0.jpg

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Oh they are. They're being whiners over on the main board.

And we could be more upset over the Hertl hit but it's playoff hockey. Deal with it.

I'd be super ****ing angry if that hit on Hertl resulted in an injury. I'm not sure how the Blues fans are looking at it and not seeing a head shot.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
You keep hitting them. Brouwer as well. Burns crushed him Rob Blake style. I'm willing to bet his ribs are tender.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
I can't help but feel nervous about tonight. I have no nails left and it's only 10:45 :cry:

DrFeelgood

Chairman Meow
May 8, 2006
San Jose, CA
I feel good about this game tonight, hoping the last game humbled them a bit and they come out with much more energy and desperation than game 4

DrFeelgood

Chairman Meow
May 8, 2006
San Jose, CA
I thought they had energy and desperation but left their brains in the locker room. Need all 3 tonight.

I thought they looked a bit flat and back on their heels dealing with the aggressive forecheck the Blues were bringing. They played much better in that regard as the game wore on and i'm hoping that carries over into tonight's game.

Le Rosbeef

Jul 27, 2007
Most important game in franchise history, IMO.

Win and it's 2 shots at the SCF. Lose and people will count us out...

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I thought they had energy and desperation but left their brains in the locker room. Need all 3 tonight.

Agreed. They did not play a smart game. Their game. They were trying to be too cute with passes and took too long to get them off their sticks.

I think the style the Blues play is very aggressive on the forecheck. So aggressive that they get caught out of position if we stick to making those quick short passes. It has worked for us so far this series and we need to go back to that. We gave the Blues way too much time last game. Not sure why either? Maybe we just got complacent and figured that we have the game in our bag no matter how we play.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
I think Fabbri and Backes will be in today. They won't be playing 100% but look at was Justin Williams did to us with 1 shoulder in 2011. :laugh:

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
I think Fabbri and Backes will be in today. They won't be playing 100% but look at was Justin Williams did to us with 1 shoulder in 2011. :laugh:
I was too busy watching Joe troll the Kings in 2011 to care about Justin Williams.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark