WCF Game 5: Blackhawks @ Ducks | NBCSN, TVA, CBC | 6PM PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
I'm not sure if I have ever been more pissed at watching a hockey game. **** you Andersen.

imfree19

Apr 16, 2012
Anderson makes one mistake and everyone flips out. Relax, goalies arent perfect especially in those weird situations. Hes been pretty damn good in these playoffs so far.

I still think Anaheim pulls this one out though

Hab-a-maniac

Sep 28, 2003
Toronto via Calgary!
Visit site
Anderson was having a good playoffs till this series and was ok but not great in the series but man. You don't need Vezina candidates to win a Cup. That's been established. A final 4 with Crawford, Andersen and Bishop shows you just need them not to make critical mistakes. At some point all 3 of those guys have faltered and looked weak but bounced back. Andersen really needs that now because he's the sole reason this game is going to OT. You have to not lose games for your team when it's as strong at scoring as these ones. The Hawks have such fortitude but I almost don't feel like crediting them a ton for this one when 3 of the goals were stoppable and the last of them was Fleury-esque in the weakness and timing of it.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Food for thought

One of Getzlaf's biggest knocks against him when he was drafted was that he was inconsistent. Have to wonder if this has seeped into his captaincy.

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
Reminds me of a the Chicago Buffalo game late in the regular season when Nolan and his turtle squad lulled Chicago to sleep only to have Toews score 2 goals in the last 2 minutes of regulation to steal the win for the Hawks.

Buffalo fans and Chicago fans were celebrating together that day.

No1

Jun 17, 2007
Vancouver
I just watched the replay, what was Toews even trying to do there? Nobody was in front and in that situation you are not yet into a mode where its just throw it on net with 40 seconds left, not a clue what he was trying to do.

He obviously saw Andersen was out of position and tried to put it in the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad