Pre-Game Talk: WCF Game 4: The Last of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
I don’t do Reddit much but saw some similar comments. I think r/hockey might be worse than the Mains here, and that’s saying a lot. Lots of “neutral” fans hate this team, and seem to hate the stars on this team. Some of that might be jealousy, especially from teams of bottom dwellers or recent first round virgins.

I think you can report them for that, not sure what they do though
I'm not really active on reddit, to be honest. I thought r/hockey was just a regular hockey discussion.

They're pretty bad on this site too, mind you. The loss of my like button is a testament of that lol.

(I did report it btw. I'm okay with shit posting and even trolling and responding in kind, but suicide checks as a troll move is where I draw the line.)

Reactions: oilers'72

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
This would look better in a flowchart, but pretty sure the DOPS has a simple template when handling out discipline:

1. Do you play for the Oilers? If yes, then you are suspended. Dartboard will determine number of games. If no, see 2.
2. Do you play for a US based team? If no, do you play for the Flames? If so, no suspension. Everyone else, coin flip. If yes to US based team, see 3.
3. Do you play for a Sunbelt team? If yes, no suspension. If no, see 4.
4. Do you play for a team that has already been relocated once, and has an insecure, whiny fanbase? If yes, no suspension. If no, then probably not, but might have to give the odd player a game or two to make it look like we are actually working here.

Oilers 322

Oct 26, 2016
Edmonton
I'm not really active on reddit, to be honest. I thought r/hockey was just a regular hockey discussion.

They're pretty bad on this site too, mind you. The loss of my like button is a testament of that lol.

(I did report it btw. I'm okay with shit posting and even trolling and responding in kind, but suicide checks as a troll move is where I draw the line.)
It's really crazy to me how much the media and reddit ate up Kadri's redemption tour in this playoff. This is one of the dirtiest player on the ice and he has only been clean for a year after years of dirty hits. Kane is a POS off the ice, but Kadri is one of the biggest POS on the ice. Looking at Kadri's suspension history, which range from dirty hits to throat slashing gesture, you can tell this guy has almost zero respect for his on-ice opponents. It's going to take more than a year of suspension free play for me to change my opinion. It baffles me how he's instantly become a darling in the general public after playing the race card in the Blue's series.

Reactions: TB12 and oilers'72

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Aves fans are a new level of scum. I was on reddit and commented that Landeskog and MacKinnon should have been disciplined for the headshot and slew foot, I got down voted, weirdly, but some piece of crap sent a suicide check to my account. I didn't even know that was a thing.

These guys are a special sort of trash.

WTF is that? Like having someone check on you because they were "worried" that you were suicidal?

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
WTF is that? Like having someone check on you because they were "worried" that you were suicidal?
Pretty much exactly that. The message I got included a bunch of resources for suicidal people. I don't really understand it, but apparently that's how you get trolled if you criticize the Avs on reddit. I will be sticking to HFBoards for hockey talk going forward, needless to say.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

cloud07

Jun 6, 2022
It's really crazy to me how much the media and reddit ate up Kadri's redemption tour in this playoff. This is one of the dirtiest player on the ice and he has only been clean for a year after years of dirty hits. Kane is a POS off the ice, but Kadri is one of the biggest POS on the ice. Looking at Kadri's suspension history, which range from dirty hits to throat slashing gesture, you can tell this guy has almost zero respect for his on-ice opponents. It's going to take more than a year of suspension free play for me to change my opinion. It baffles me how he's instantly become a darling in the general public after playing the race card in the Blue's series.
Wow what a horrific take . Kadri was “playing the race card” by what ? Exposing all the disgusting messages that were sent to him and his family ? And what of the people who messaged him and his family? Are they accountable for anything . I just gotta shake my head. I guess you’d rather his wife not say anything or reveal anything , which is your opinion , but saying he “played the race card” is a nasty take for sure

Oilers 322

Oct 26, 2016
Edmonton
Wow what a horrific take . Kadri was “playing the race card” by what ? Exposing all the disgusting messages that were sent to him and his family ? And what of the people who messaged him and his family? Are they accountable for anything . I just gotta shake my head. I guess you’d rather his wife not say anything or reveal anything , which is your opinion , but saying he “played the race card” is a nasty take for sure
Kadris race has nothing to do with the threats he received - he likely would have received similar hateful messages if he was white. See tweet below of a Caucasian pitcher receiving similar idiotic messages in his DM. Idiots on the internet will say whatever they want to get a reaction. Saying what Kadri experienced is a racism issue diminishes similar experiences by professional athletes of Caucasian descent. Professional athletes receiving death threats is an issue that can affect all; throwing race into the equation was a cheap way of gaining sympathy. I’m saying this as a person of color.

Last edited:

cloud07

Jun 6, 2022
Kadris race has nothing to do with the threats he received - he likely would have received similar hateful messages if he was white. See tweet below of a Caucasian pitcher receiving similar idiotic messages in his DM. Idiots on the internet will say whatever they want to get a reaction. Saying what Kadri experienced is a racism issue diminishes similar experiences by professional athletes of Caucasian descent. Professional athletes receiving death threats is an issue that can affect all; throwing race into the equation was a cheap way of gaining sympathy. I’m saying this as a person of color.

Are you kidding me or something? Isn’t there a picture with some of the messages he received ? Can somebody post that . Because what your saying makes zero sense . All the messages shared had were racial in nature . But somehow that has nothing to do with race ? And it diminishes atheletes of Caucasian descent ? This is a real take . Can someone please post the screen caps because I am very perplexed. You really just said it wasn’t a racial issue wow

cloud07

Jun 6, 2022

Let me get this straight . Your saying the messages sent to kadri have nothing to do with race . Have you read any of them. Also you said throwing race into the equation was a cheap way of gaining sympathy. But who threw race into the equation. His wife just revealed what was said to them . Give your head a shake bro this is a horrible take

Oilers 322

Oct 26, 2016
Edmonton
Let me get this straight . Your saying the messages sent to kadri have nothing to do with race . Have you read any of them. Also you said throwing race into the equation was a cheap way of gaining sympathy. But who threw race into the equation. His wife just revealed what was said to them . Give your head a shake bro this is a horrible take
Yes I have, just because the messages were racial does not mean the issue of people sending death threats to athletes on social media is a racist issue.

Regardless, you’re entitled to your opinion. I’m not going to turn the game day thread to a political discussion.

cloud07

Jun 6, 2022
Yes I have, just because the messages were racial does not mean the issue of people sending death threats to athletes on social media is a racist issue.

Regardless, you’re entitled to your opinion. I’m not going to turn the game day thread to a political discussion.
Yikes .

Your the one who mentioned “the race card” so you brought this discussion on yourself with your rants .

And your line of “Saying what Kadri experienced is a racism issue diminishes similar experiences by professional athletes of Caucasian descent” really shows who you are.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
With Stauffer posting that about Holloway, there's no way Shore comes in over a kid who's going to be an integral part of this club for a decade right?

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013

This is the dumbest thing I've heard. He's received racist comments like how he's a terrorist, things about Islam, thing like being an Arab. So yes he gets death threats and comments on his race and religion.

If anything your "proof" for the "Caucasian" pitcher shows at the end of the day they're mad at him for his errors and play and not just because he's a Caucasian.

Oh and by the way Kadri noted he gets these messages all the time. Go google what kandre Miller had to put up with in a yahoo chat that had nothing to do with a hockey game. I bet your example white Caucasian pitcher doesn't have to put up with "you stupid Caucasian".

The nice thing is people like the guys who attack Kadri, Miller and yourself only do this things behind the computer screen. No guts to say these things to their faces. Hopefully that will also soon end.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Take it to PMs man. You registered at this site today just to confront this poster. That’s weak af. This is a hockey board where we have a community of people gathered to talk about the Oilers. It’s not your personal soapbox.

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
Taking it one game at a time, much like the team is I guess.

All the pressure on the Avs. Win game 4, you head back to Colorado and at least instill a SHRED of doubt.

Win game 5? You head back to Edmonton in front of a home crowd in an attempt to push a game 7.

And in game 7, anything can happen.

It seems pretty easy when you put it that way 😆😆

midnightcopper

Apr 28, 2021
Aves fans are a new level of scum. I was on reddit and commented that Landeskog and MacKinnon should have been disciplined for the headshot and slew foot, I got down voted, weirdly, but some piece of crap sent a suicide check to my account. I didn't even know that was a thing.

These guys are a special sort of trash.
I wouldn't give a second thought to it really. Sounds like the type who sits next to the glass and bangs on it with their hands to try and garner some sort of attention. You know...the guy that rattles the cage of a zoo animal trying to make it move. They usually also have a partner or significant other that has absolutely no clue what is going on in the game.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Well…… let’s get a win and see what happens!!

And…. If not…. It’s been a good ride this year folks.

We will always have Van Damme!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad